1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lets Paint The Kettle Black,Do You Have A Bitch On Whats Going On Around The Site Or Any Thing Negative To Report

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by ireland, Mar 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ireland

ireland Active member

here i is trying to help OUT the NEWBIE"S AND MAY BE SOME MEMBERS

Thinking like a Genius

The first and last thing
    demanded of genius
    is the love of truth
    Goethe

"Even if you're not a genius, you can use the same strategies as Aristotle and Einstein to harness the power of your creative mind and better manage your future."

The following eight strategies encourage you to think productively, rather than reproductively, in order to arrive at solutions to problems. "These strategies are common to the thinking styles of creative geniuses in science, art, and industry throughout history."

1. Look at problems in many different ways, and find new perspectives that no one else has taken (or no one else has publicized!)

Leonardo da Vinci believed that, to gain knowledge about the form of a problem, you begin by learning how to restructure it in many different ways. He felt that the first way he looked at a problem was too biased. Often, the problem itself is reconstructed and becomes a new one.

2. Visualize!

When Einstein thought through a problem, he always found it necessary to formulate his subject in as many different ways as possible, including using diagrams. He visualized solutions, and believed that words and numbers as such did not play a significant role in his thinking process.

3. Produce! A distinguishing characteristic of genius is productivity.

Thomas Edison held 1,093 patents. He guaranteed productivity by giving himself and his assistants idea quotas. In a study of 2,036 scientists throughout history, Dean Keith Simonton of the University of California at Davis found that the most respected scientists produced not only great works, but also many "bad" ones. They weren't afraid to fail, or to produce mediocre in order to arrive at excellence.

4. Make novel combinations. Combine, and recombine, ideas, images, and thoughts into different combinations no matter how incongruent or unusual.

The laws of heredity on which the modern science of genetics is based came from the Austrian monk Grego Mendel, who combined mathematics and biology to create a new science.

5. Form relationships; make connections between dissimilar subjects.

Da Vinci forced a relationship between the sound of a bell and a stone hitting water. This enabled him to make the connection that sound travels in waves. Samuel Morse invented relay stations for telegraphic signals when observing relay stations for horses.

6. Think in opposites.

Physicist Niels Bohr believed, that if you held opposites together, then you suspend your thought, and your mind moves to a new level. His ability to imagine light as both a particle and a wave led to his conception of the principle of complementarity. Suspending thought (logic) may allow your mind to create a new form.

7. Think metaphorically.

Aristotle considered metaphor a sign of genius, and believed that the individual who had the capacity to perceive resemblances between two separate areas of existence and link them together was a person of special gifts.

8. Prepare yourself for chance.

Whenever we attempt to do something and fail, we end up doing something else. That is the first principle of creative accident. Failure can be productive only if we do not focus on it as an unproductive result. Instead: analyze the process, its components, and how you can change them, to arrive at other results. Do not ask the question "Why have I failed?", but rather "What have I done?"

2. Estuansis

Estuansis Active member

That's very insightful :)

3. ireland

ireland Active member

A GOOD BITCH TODAY,

READ

Judge orders RIAA to justify its piracy charges

$750 for a 75 cent song is taking the Wii

By Nick Farrell: Friday 10 November 2006, 15:31
    A US COURT is forcing the Recording Industry of America to explain why it charges people it catches pirating $750 a single rather than the 70 cents they flog them to retailers for.

In the case UMG v. Lindor, Judge Trager has allowed Ms Lindor, who the RIAA claim is a pirate, to challenge the $750 a track it wants in damages.

The RIAA fought to prevent the amendment to Ms Lindor's case, claiming it was not up to her to decide damages. They said that her complaint about the level of damages was without merit and if the amendment went ahead it would prejudice them.

Of course it would. If the RIAA was forced to claim back the real market value of the music that was nicked by pirates it probably would not be worth the effort. It also looks better on a press release if they can claim that a pirate stole $7,000 worth of music when they actually only stole $7.

Judge Trager was not buying it either he said that the RIAA lawyers could not cite any case law to justify its position whereas Lindor could.

Lindor could also prove that the RIAA was only out of pocket by 70 cents a single and not $750.

Now it was up to the RIAA to show m'learned friend how it came up with its $750 figure. If it can't manage the task then it is pretty likely that the robed but not wigged one will rule that the amount of damages the RIAA is seeking is unconstitutional.
    http://www.theinquirer.net/default.aspx?article=35669

More here. ยต

http://recordingindustryvspeople.blogspot.com/2006/11/judge-grants-marie-lindors-motion-to_09.html

4. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

Ireland frequents dollar stores to feed his family; I frequent them also but to feed myself (my cat just won't touch anything I buy there). While I've never seen plastic toilet paper, I can tell you that the shiny pages of the Sears catalog just stink when used for that purpose. But I digress, back to the dollar store: I'm sure Ireland has made that mistake once ... most dollar store shoppers have. NEVER buy toilet paper at a dollar store...it still has little wooden splinters in the paper and trying to remove the splinters with tweezers and a mirror from such a trick area of one's anatomy is as difficult as it is, initially, shocking. When one walks the streets of Philadelphia, one will see those seemingly crazy people howling at the moon on our street corners ... well, they're not crazy; they have just experienced the horror of dollar store toilet paper. Be warned, fellow ADrs!

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 10, 2006
  5. ZippyDSM

ZippyDSM Active member

ireland
    I take it the courts will soon be paid off to look the other way...*L*

6. ireland

ireland Active member

dollar store toilet paper,
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 10, 2006
  7. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

LMAO!! Ireland, I can see your froogle self patiently sitting there separating the two ply paper to make two rolls LOL!

8. tranquash

tranquash Regular member

i'm gonna start selling mine on e-bay, slightly used... lmao

9. ireland

ireland Active member

my big bitch for today...

Pre-DOCSIS 3.0 rollout in South Korea hits 100Mbps

11/10/2006 11:26:55 AM, by Eric Bangeman

Those stuck with slow broadband connections have another reason to look across the Pacific with envy. Some South Korean cable Internet subscribers are now able to get 100Mbps connections thanks to deployment of pre-DOCSIS 3.0 hardware by cable operator ARRIS.

"We are pleased to announce this very successful deployment proving the technical ability of the ARRIS Wideband solution to deliver 100Mbps of service over an HFC network," said HCN Operational Director Jong-Myung Joo. "This deployment represents a big step toward meeting the Korean Ministry of Information and Communications' IT 839 strategy of building a converged network to deploy 100Mbps ubiquitous wideband service in Korea."

ARRIS has over 1.1 million video subscribers, many of whom also subscribe to the company's broadband service.

DOCSIS 3.0 is the successor to DOCSIS 1.1, which is currently used by almost all cable ISPs in North America. DOCSIS 2.0b was ratified as a standard, but never deployed in the US as ISPs preferred to wait for version 3.0.

link to story
    http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20061110-8195.html

10. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

Gerry that's not a pretty picture you paint with the tweezers. Remember everything in the mirror is backwards.

11. rihgt682

rihgt682 Regular member

This is the speed you need to download HD tv,movies microsoft and apple. US american people can get about 2mbps and that means long time and crap quilty of movie. When will we ever get 100MBPS? Comcast who said it suppose to be 5mbps i'm getting less than 2mbps.

12. hawthorne

hawthorne Member

I wouldn't go anywhere near CRAPcast. But I understand it's hard to avoid a monopoly.

13. blivetNC

blivetNC Regular member

http://www.newhousenews.com/archive/story1a092200.html

Gerry1,
    we be screwed,
    Excerpt from an article I found.
    We can't have cell phone jammers, WAAAH!, WAAAH!
    But Ahmadi found something that does: a cellular telephone jammer.

Five months ago, he installed the C-Guard cellular telephone firewall and complaints stopped. Made by an Israeli company called NetLine, the C-Guard is one of a handful of cell phone jammers commercially available today.

But don't go looking for one at your neighborhood electronics store.

"The technology is illegal in the U.S. and it's our position that it should be," said Travis Larson, spokesman for the Cellular Telephone Industry Association, based in Washington, D.C.

14. The_Fiend

The_Fiend Guest

My bitch for today would be that the new tony hawk game for xbox sucks something awfull, and that someone's been phishing/hacking TorrentLeech.
    Bloody scriptkiddies should be fed to wild dogs.

15. tocool4u

tocool4u Guest

What are they doing? Because I looked and it has nothing about that on the announcements. Did you report it to Admin? Tagging virii to the torrents?

16. The_Fiend

The_Fiend Guest

There was an announcement that everyone should change their passwords, due to phishing attacks, and now the site doesn't work for a lot of folks, lot of accounts stuck in limbo. the irc help channel is full of folks that have problems logging in, etc.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 10, 2006
  17. tocool4u

tocool4u Guest

Dammit...Think its safe to recover password?

18. The_Fiend

The_Fiend Guest

Password recover doesn't work at all tocool, just tried it

19. Pop_Smith

Pop_Smith Regular member

My complaint for the day, actually I have two.

1. I took my Real Estate exam again and missed it by *one* or two questions. The stupid place doesn't let me even look over the questions I missed, even when I said "You don't have to give me the answer".

2. I found out my HDTV (Mitsubishi WS-55859) does NOT have HDMI. I didn't expect it too but figured its new enough it would. I was hopeful that my TV would have HDMI because then I could hook up my computer from DVI to HDMI and play my PC games etc. though my TV (just for a bit of fun).

If anyone knows of a way I could hookup my PC to my TV let me know (either here or PM).

Thanks!

Peace,

Pop Smith

20. larrylje

larrylje Active member

My bitch of the day is how far Sony is going to keep consumers from playing unauthorized copies of their DVDs on Sony systems.

[​IMG]

At least it comes with the warning below...

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 10, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.