1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lets Paint The Kettle Black,Do You Have A Bitch On Whats Going On Around The Site Or Any Thing Negative To Report

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by ireland, Mar 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ireland

ireland Active member

2. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

@Ireland...you are awesome. I saved the larger. I'm going to have a good time with that! That's where most of us french canadian boys got our high cheekbones, dark hair and noses from hell LOL! Thanks my friend!

3. ireland

ireland Active member

last bitch of the day

What do you think of the MPAA’s/RIAA’s version of ‘Xmas spirit’?

Posted by Quema34
    In a move that is bound to not win them any more ‘fans,’ both organizations are planning an organized effort to find illegal downloading on p2p networks, as well as any pirate attempting to videotape a bootleg copy of a movie at the cinema. To give us the flavor of the organization’s state of mind, here is what they said as to the reasons behind such a campaign, that they are “protecting holiday shoppers from purchasing illegal copies of their favorite movies and music and defending movie studios and the recording industry against the loss of crucial holiday sales, especially those from newly released—or even not-yet released titles.”

How long will such behavior go unchecked, especially in light of the recent round of November lawsuits? One can only hope that after a constant barrage of RIAA/MPAA spin, that the average person is starting to see through both organization’s statements (due to the kinds of people they have chosen to sue recently, such as someone in a wheelchair) and that people will begin to understand their true motives.
    http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/What-do-you-think-of-the-MPAAs_RIAAs-version-of-Xmas-spirit.html

Last edited: Nov 24, 2006
  4. Estuansis

Estuansis Active member

I avoid that quite easily. I just don't ever leave LimeWire running longer than it takes to get my songs then close. And they can't find my reg and temp cache files because I use a little program called CleanUp. It makes CrapCleaner look like McAfee. It deletes ALL of your temp, cache, and extra reg files VERY thoroughly.

Though I don't think they can very effectively make any intensive search with the millions of p2p users all over the world. Unless whole albums and loads of songs are being downloaded at once I don't think there is much danger of a government crack down on any particular person.

I did hear of a man being fined $20,000 because his grandson was downloading music but you gotta wonder if there wasn't more going on. I mean what exactly do you have to do to get arrested?

Last edited: Nov 24, 2006
  5. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

you have a link for that program CleanUp

thanks

6. blivetNC

blivetNC Regular member

7. ireland

ireland Active member

Wikipedia CD, 2007

p2pnet.net News:- A 'Wikipedia CD' has been made available for download on BitTorrent.com. The CD comprises more than 2,500 hand-picked educational articles aimed at helping schools enhance their curriculum, and children learn.

link
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/46/295688#2573763

Last edited: Nov 25, 2006
  8. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

thanks blivetNC i will try it out

have you used it

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 25, 2006
  9. blivetNC

blivetNC Regular member

Not yet, just heard about it thru your thread, still installing a 3rd hard drive (For back ups of pics and important documents)

10. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

LOL! Blivet is waiting to see if there are any glitches he hasn't been made aware of!

11. blivetNC

blivetNC Regular member

Nah, just a little nervous about the first line in the instructions,

12. ireland

ireland Active member

WHAT GERRY1'S DREAMS ARE MADE OF,

[​IMG]

13. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

@Ireland....awesome! I really need to learn how to do that! I was about 21 there .... here's the last of me that was taken...I was about 48, I guess.

[​IMG]

Not quite as young and with a cane hidden somewhere out of camera shot; still a little self-conscious about a cane and a wobble in those days. Now that I'm 54 and a seriously aspiring kurmudgeon, I don't much care LOL!

14. tocool4u

tocool4u Guest

gerry1 you mean you haven't gotten a picture taken for 6 years? :(

15. ireland

ireland Active member

garry1
    FILE SIZE IS TO SMALL
    for a good made pix.

16. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

LOL! No, I really can't think of what that I have around. Perhaps a couple at work; I don't look much different though. My hair is shorter because back then I did a lot of concert work and I liked the hair long with a tux lol! I'll have to have a new one taken though as I'll need it for a program. I'm going to be playing some Chopin at an AIDS benefit at Richardson Hall at Princeton in a few months. My first since I hurt myself 25 years ago. Fortunately, it's not a musical crowd so if I screw up, I'll just sort of fake it LOL!

17. ireland

ireland Active member

a 3 min quickie for ye gerry1

[​IMG]

18. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

Yikes ... he's gettin old!! LOL!

19. ireland

ireland Active member

gerry1
    after taken on the Indian girls i understand why ye got old

20. Pop_Smith

Pop_Smith Regular member

My rant of the night:

I went on a (successful) date tonight. That part was awesome but a few of the things that happened on the date sucked.

Second worst part: My friend had a semi-early (10pm) curfew, although she later got it extended to midnight (Her original curfew put a damper things, thats why it was the 2nd worst part).

Worst part:
    We went to see Nightmare Before Christmas 3D, well it turns out that none (as far as I can tell) of the theaters in my entire state are showing the movie. The theater that I went to had shown it the previous week but was not showing it tonight (heck, they don't even have it listed or anything).

One thing that sucked when I got home was when I did a Google search for it (including my zip code in one search and my city in another) and it seemed to turn stuff up but when I would go to the pages the movie didn't show up.

Too bad as I really wanted to see it, although I guess there is a remote chance that it could be shown again soon with the holiday season coming up (yeah right, not with my luck!).

Have a good night (or I guess in some places morning)

Peace,

Pop Smith

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.