1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lets Paint The Kettle Black,Do You Have A Bitch On Whats Going On Around The Site Or Any Thing Negative To Report

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by ireland, Mar 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

holy weenis she posted! *heart attack*

hi jan!

yeah...that's very...nonsensical.

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

neph & i are mentioned in there.

3. janrocks

janrocks Guest

It looks like a bot search result of some kind...

Tycobb, boorhan, jamal dRD and me are all in there as well, plus some of my old sig.

Hi Aus.. Just posting something strange. I'm off again now..

Maybe drop by around christmas for a laugh.. bye ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 27, 2006
  4. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

aww, you know you want to come back before then. how can you resist this beautiful face? :p

5. tocool4u

tocool4u Guest

hey Jan!, You should stop by on IRC(If you ever got java working).

Also where did you find that..lol

6. janrocks

janrocks Guest

Hiya.. I'm on irc right now, but bed is calling so maybe tomorrow...

As for all that weird s*** it's here http://diswww.mit.edu/charon2/sipbv6/3250

(I'm still trying to work out just what it's for)

I went really over to the darkside. I don't want to help people any more. If they can't read I'm not going to explain s*** to them !!
    My sig explains my frame of mind regarding n00bs and ignorant idiots. I spent ages putting that together, just wish I could use my avvy with it as well...

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 27, 2006
  7. rav009

rav009 Active member

Someone beat you too it:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=orgasmitastic

OMG, Its Jan!

[​IMG]

Good to see you post :-D

8. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

aww, i missed jan, that's my bitch of the day. skulks off to IRC to see if she's there :(

edit- i'd typed 'skulks off to IRS' - somehow doubt i'd willingly go near the IRS

Last edited: Nov 28, 2006
  9. janrocks

janrocks Guest

Aww indeed.. I'll make a special effort to be on tonight..after 9... Just for you *hugs*

10. ireland

ireland Active member

11. ireland

ireland Active member

my shocked f-ing bitch for today
    what a arse..they should stick her head in a microwave.

Mom cooks baby in microwave oven - police
    An urban legend no more

By Thomas C Greene in Dublin → More by this author
    Published Tuesday 28th November 2006 19:53 GMT
    Get The Register's new weekly newsletter for senior IT managers delivered to your inbox, click here.

Police have charged an Ohio woman in the death, by microwave oven, of her one-month-old daughter, the Associated Press reports.

Mom China Arnold, 26, stands accused of aggravated murder after bringing her dead infant daughter, Paris, to a hospital, with a "high body temperature". The woman was arrested, and later released.

"We have reason to believe, and scientific evidence to support, that a microwave oven might have been involved in the death of this child," Montgomery County Coroner's Office Director Ken Betz is quoted as saying.

It has taken authorities over a year to develop their case. "There is not a lot of scientific research and data on the effect of microwaves on human beings," Betz explained. (An observation for which we can all be thankful. The Nazis missed out on that opportunity by mere months.)

The microwave oven is an established fixture of geek / hobbyist intrigue, often featured on shows like Brainiac and on Mythbusters, which once threatened to investigate its effects on a small dog, but backed away in the end.

There is a well-known urban legend about a baby sitter who gets wasted on recreational drugs while on duty and cooks a "roast" in the microwave. The parents return to discover that she had cooked the baby by mistake.

If Arnold is found guilty, it will mark only the second known instance of infanticide via microwave. The first is the case of Virginia mom Elizabeth Renee Otte, who in 2000 pleaded no contest to charges of involuntary manslaughter and received a sentence of five years' incarceration.
    http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/11/28/mom_microwaves_baby/

12. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

Unbelievable, isn't it?

13. Ripper

Ripper Active member

That's sick. Who in their right mind, would cook their own baby (basically what they're doing)...

14. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

When microwaves first came out, there was this rumor of a woman trying to dry her poodle in one... I don't like poodles ;) j/k animal lovers, I'm not condoning poached poodle.

15. Ripper

Ripper Active member

Loooool. What an idiot. Someone I know put a hamster in one... Ooopsy...

16. ireland

ireland Active member

heads up here a beta of anydvd

PLEASE REBOOT AFTER THE INSTALL,JAMES FOR GOT TO ENTER THAT IN THE PROGRAM..

Re: AnyDVD 6.0.8.8 Problems
    I have made an AnyDVD beta release. Everybody who has problems (and those who don't as well) can try it out:

http://sandbox.slysoft.com/SetupAnyDVD6089.exe

The "Aggressive I/O Mode" is now very different from what it has been before, and should hopefully satisfy everybody. It should behave like 6.0.8.2 with the additional features of 6.0.8.5/ 6.0.8.8 (New Dell computers / SATA / RAID users can use 1-click & Co., full 64-bit support, better Vista support, ...)
    (Alan, this should answer the question why the I/O code was changed in the first place )

It would be very good to know, if all applications requiring "Aggressive I/O" work fine and see decrypted discs (InterVideo DVDCopy, 1-click DVD copy... someone still using 321-Studios DVDXCopy?)

Here is the complete changelog:

6.0.8.9 2006 11 28
    - New: Runs under VirtualPC on PowerPC MACs
    - Change: "Aggressive I/O Mode" is less "aggressive", hopefully fixes problems
    some users are having
    - Change: Clicking "Default" no longer resets "Aggressive I/O Mode" setting
    - Fix: DEP error on Windows Vista

SlySoft products

KEEP A WATCH ON THIS THREAD AT CDFREAKS
    http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?s=b816456b5aa35f253916826ff317e877&t=200589&page=7&pp=25

17. Pop_Smith

Pop_Smith Regular member

Wow, I can't believe the lady in Virgina got only 5 years.

If I remember correctly Virginia has the toughest death penalty laws of any state, and even if they don't have the toughest laws, they execute more people then any other state in America (and maybe anywhere else in the world). I only bring that up because I believe the state would have given the lady more like 25 years or something (maybe even 5 to life) for doing such an evil thing to a helpless individual.

18. ireland

ireland Active member

A LITTLE BITCH

PS3 Nike shoes for $5,000

* Mike Yamamoto
    * Post a comment

A couple of weeks ago we might well have assumed this was a hoax. But with PS3 prices exceeding $10,000 since then on eBay, we're prepared to believe anything.
    (Credit: Blue Sole)

Case in point: These shoes, a pair of "PlayStation 3 Air Max 90 Hybrid Nike Kicks," are going for more than $5,000 on charity auction site Blue Sole. (That's right, an auction site for shoes.) As Joystiq notes, these sneakers aren't really working PlayStations--but you do get some special PS3 logos, drawings and stitching that denotes the console's launch date. And two pairs of laces, even, if you actually have the guts to wear them.

LINK
    http://crave.cnet.com/8301-1_105-9665294-1.html?tag=rsspr.6139066

19. ireland

ireland Active member

FOR THOSE THAT QUIT SMOKING...BAD NEWS...PLEASE READ..

Slashing your smoking may not help your health

* 13:40 28 November 2006
    * NewScientist.com news service
    * New Scientist and AFP

Smokers who believe they can avoid fatal disease by slashing the number of cigarettes they smoke each day are sorely mistaken, according to a new study which suggests the only safe way to escape the risk is to quit.

Long-term research conducted among more than 50,000 Norwegians found that men who halved their daily consumption of cigarettes were as likely to die of cardiovascular disease, reduced blood flow to the heart or cancer as heavy smokers.

And, remarkably, it found that women who cut back were in fact more likely to die prematurely than their heavy-smoking counterparts.

"There is no evidence that heavy smokers who cut down their daily cigarette consumption by more than 50% reduce their risk of premature death significantly," says lead researcher Kjell Bjartveit of the National Health Screening Service in Oslo, Norway.

The researchers warned doctors: "It may give people false expectations to advise them that reduction in consumption is associated with reduction in harm."

The findings will add to concerns about the way tobacco companies are encouraging smokers to alter their habits rather than quit (see Insight: Big tobacco's new smokescreen).
    Quiz habits

The 20-year study involved around 25,000 men and 26,000 women who were aged 20 to 49 at the start of the investigation. The study involved general health screenings at various intervals and participants were quizzed about their smoking habits.

After initial screening and selection, participants underwent two further screenings, at intervals of between three and 10 years, making for an unusually long monitoring period of up to two decades.

Participants were classified as:

• Never smokers

• Quitters, who gave up between the first and second check

• Moderate smokers, of one to 14 cigarettes per day

• Reducers, who cut their consumption by more than half at the second check

• Heavy smokers, who smoked at least 15 cigarettes per day

Among men, "reducers" had a slightly lower death rate from all causes, when compared with heavy smokers, over the first 15 years. But after that, the death rates were virtually the same.

Women "reducers" ran half the risk of fatal lung cancer compared with heavily smoking females but, when death from all causes was factored in, their risk of premature death was actually 11% higher.

However, those who changed from reducers to quitters during the study had a 50% lower risk of premature death than sustained heavy smokers.

Journal reference: Tobacco Control (vol 15, p 472)
    Printable versionEmail to a friendRSS FeedSyndicate

20. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

@ireland

I just used DVD X Copy Xpress 3.2.2.0 to rip Superman Returns with AnyDVD 6.0.8.8. I didn't actually burn the disc tho.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.