1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lets Paint The Kettle Black,Do You Have A Bitch On Whats Going On Around The Site Or Any Thing Negative To Report

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by ireland, Mar 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ireland

ireland Active member

garmoon
    THE NEW ANYDVD 6089 WORKS WELL WITH DVDXCOPY PRODUCTS

with checking in Aggressive I/O Mode

quote james
    Aggressive I/O Mode
    (InterVideo DVDCopy, 1-click DVD copy... someone still using 321-Studios DVDXCopy?)

2. Niobis

Niobis Active member

Edited. Please continue...

On third thought, I do have a bitch!

Ladybugs! I hate the @*$%!@! !$%@*# %$@*#!$ %!$*@ of %!$@*, $@^%@# *!$%@&*%!!!

Kill them all! They eat leaves and what else? EAT LEAVES!

%$@# 'em!

Last edited: Nov 28, 2006
  3. janrocks

janrocks Guest

Ladybugs are predators..they eat the aphid which sucks the sap out of the buds of my roses, spoiling the resultant blooms.I want more of them..you can send me all yours and I will love and cherish them.. Respect the little beasties, they are on our side in the battle against the destructive crop wrecking ********!!. Much nicer to use a bio-weapon than artificial chemical toxins don't you think?

4. Niobis

Niobis Active member

I'll be happy as hell to send you mine. :) They are invading my house like they own the place. I swear at the beginning of Autumn I sucked up over 1,500 in my vacuum cleaner. And even now, they invade my lights, windows, and ceilings. I'm sick of 'em. When they bite, the bump they leave will itch for days non-stop. They are worse than fleas, and you don't want to get me started on fleas. :)

Edit: lol, got a remedy on how to keep them away?

I've been hearing around my town that they have been dropping them from helicopters to eat the dead leaves from the forests to keep down on forest fires, but I'm not exactly sure how true that is.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2006
  5. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

those are the asian ladybugs not the north american ladybugs as the north american ladybugs don't bite but the asian does.

6. Pop_Smith

Pop_Smith Regular member

OK I know this might sound funny to complain about but I have been summoned by my best friend to do what seems to be an impossible task.

He came to me tonight (via the phone) and said "Could you build my mom a computer?" I was heck yeah, no problem, whats the budget? "$500" he responds.

Huh, no problem I was thinking. I figured sense it would practically be replacing her old one they could use the monitor off it etc.

Well, he told me that he *thinks* (hopefully not!!) she wants a new monitor as well. I didn't tell him anything but I think the only way I am going to get this task done is to rob some place and steal a monitor. Even the cheapest monitor on Newegg or ZipZoom would not get me under the limit.

Here is what her current configuration is:

Windows XP Home
    384MB RAM (Could not see a company name on it)
    32MB Trident ATI card (It took me half an hour to find drivers for the damn thing!)
    1.0Ghz Celeron
    40GB IBM Deskstar
    Non-formatted 40GB Western Digital
    Iomega CD-RW
    NEC DV-5800

Here is what I have configured so far:

Case - RAIDMAX Diamond ATX-228S Silver 0.7mm SECC ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Retail

Hard Drive - Western Digital Caviar SE WD1600JSRTL 160GB 7200 RPM 8MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - Retail

Motherboard - PC CHIPS M-871G V1.5 Socket 754 SiS 760 GX Micro ATX AMD Motherboard - Retail

Graphics Card - eVGA 128-A8-N303-L2 GeForce FX5200 128MB DDR AGP 4X/8X Low Profile Video Card - Retail[/url]

Power Supply - LOGISYS Computer PS480D-BK ATX12V 480W Power Supply - Retail

RAM - pqi POWER Series 1GB 184-Pin DDR SDRAM DDR 400 (PC 3200) System Memory Model MD441GUOE - Retail

DVD Burner - LiteOn LH-18A1P 18x Dual Layer DVD±RW Drive (Black)

Processor - AMD Sempron 3400+ 2.0GHz Socket 754 64-Bit Processor Retail

Total:
    $397.04

If you guys can give me any suggestions I would be very greatful!

As stated above my budget is $500. I will update if I hear anything different.

7. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

@Niobis...are you sure you're not talking about Japanese Beetles:

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 29, 2006
  8. Shado36

Shado36 Guest

They should stick the woman's head in the microwave & defrost her!!
    Five years (for the other woman) thats a "bloody joke" is that all an infants life is worth? Should be incarcerated for the rest of her life!

9. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

My bitch du jour is that I have the flu, or plague or whatever. I was off all last week on vacation. Apparantly, the office was like a typhoid ward all week. Some of the bugs must have been lingering because I was there Mon and Yesterday and now I've got the flu. Lotta damned good that flu shot did me. Well, off to bed. Have a good day, everyone!

10. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

my bitch for today is that gerry's sick.

get well soon, ger!

11. ireland

ireland Active member

MY BIG BITCH OF THE MONTH,

Ripping DVDs may never be the same again

By Eric J. Sinrod
    Published: November 29, 2006, 4:00 AM PST

perspective Just when you thought it might be safe to rip DVDs for use on your personal video player, the motion picture studios have filed a federal lawsuit in New York to put an end to such practices.

The studios certainly have financial and legal might behind them. But can they prevail?

In Paramount Pictures v. Load 'N Go Video, the motion picture studios brought legal action against a small company that loaded DVDs onto personal video players for its customers. According to the suit, Load 'N Go Video sold DVDs and iPods to its customers, and loaded the DVDs onto the iPods for customers who purchased both.

The motion picture studios assert that this practice violated the Copyright Act and the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.

The studios say that before releasing their copyright works in DVD format, they employ an encryption-based DVD access control and copy prevention system that provides for protection of copyright content. According to the studios, Load 'N Go Video's practice of copying DVD content and then loading it onto the portable video players of its customers circumvents that copy protection system and thus violates the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.

DVDs, as noted by the studios, are 5-inch-wide optical discs that contain recorded material in digital form. DVD technology, they add, has substantially improved the clarity and quality of viewing of pre-recorded content, and thus presents a heightened risk of unauthorized reproduction and distribution of copyright material because the material can be digitally copied and transmitted repeatedly without quality degradation. It is for this reason that the motion picture studios use CSS (content scramble system) to prevent the unauthorized access to and reproduction and distribution of copyright works contained in DVDs.

As acknowledged by the complaint, the customers of Load 'N Go Video purchase DVDs and portable video players, and pay a charge to Load 'N Go Video for loading the DVDs onto the portable video players. The motion picture studios highlight that a license has not been granted to Load 'N Go Video to copy, distribute or exploit their copyright works or to circumvent the CSS.

All well and good in terms of the complaint filed by the motion picture studios, right? Well, perhaps--and perhaps not. While the motion picture studios make technically valid legal points within the four corners of their complaint, there is another legal point of view that likely will be espoused by Load 'N Go Video, assuming the case continues to move forward.

The key point for Load 'N Go Video will be that its customers purchased both the DVDs and the portable video players. Thus, Load 'N Go Video simply has saved the customers the time and hassle of loading the content they paid for on the portable video players they also purchased.

Let's take the studios' argument to its extreme. A buyer could be subject to legal liability for ripping purchased DVDs at home onto a purchased portable video player without either first seeking permission or purchasing the content again for specific use on the portable video player. One wonders whether a court would embrace such an argument.

Load 'N Go Video likely will assert that it has engaged in "fair use" for copyright purposes, and that such fair use trumps the claims of the motion picture studios under the Copyright Act and the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.

While Load 'N Go Video under these facts does have a defense to assert, one must keep in mind that the motion picture studios, like the music industry, have been very successful to date in seeking to protect their copyright works. Stay tuned to see how this case plays out.
    Biography
    Eric J. Sinrod is a partner in the San Francisco office of Duane Morris. His focus includes information technology and intellectual property disputes. To receive his weekly columns, send an e-mail to ejsinrod@duanemorris.com with "Subscribe" in the subject line. The views expressed in this column do not necessarily reflect those of Sinrod's law firm or its individual partners.

http://news.com.com/2010-1030_3-6139129.html?part=rss&tag=2547-1_3-0-20&subj=news

12. rav009

rav009 Active member

I second that Aus, Get well soon Gerry! :)

13. Ripper

Ripper Active member

Yep, Get well soon Gerry! :-D

Btw, I think it's most likely plauge :p

14. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

descendants of those who survived the bubonic plague tend to be immune to the HIV virus...approximately .1% of the human population as of the current times, i believe.

my new bitch: i don't think i'm immune to HIV/AIDS >.>

15. ireland

ireland Active member

GARRY1 HAS THE BUG,WHICH BUG?
    GET SOME BUG SPRAY....
    then ye will get well fast..

[​IMG]

16. Ripper

Ripper Active member

Cool, interesting little fact there Aus :-D
    I don't think I'm immune either then.. :S

Hehe :)

17. Niobis

Niobis Active member

I'm sure. :) We don't have very many beetles around here. Usually about once a year well will have thousands fly through, but they don't stay for long.

18. Ripper

Ripper Active member

Do you live in the jungle or sumin? X)

Hehe :p

19. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

@all....thanks for the good wishes guys. This is actually very unusual for me....I get flues and colds so infrequently, I thought I had, indeed, become immune. Mother nature's way of putting me in my place; maybe I've inhaled some bug or touched some fomite with my name on it but I shall survive this indignity with my head held high (except when I puke but perhaps I should spare you those little details).

@Niobis...when I lived in Miami, it was locusts every damn year....they hatch as these little black and red grass-hoppers until they're gold colored and damn near the size and shape of a small hot dog. when they're around, only the tourists are stupid enough to walk around barefoot .... a ton of mush when stepped on.

20. ireland

ireland Active member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.