1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lets Paint The Kettle Black,Do You Have A Bitch On Whats Going On Around The Site Or Any Thing Negative To Report

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by ireland, Mar 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ireland

ireland Active member

2. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

LMAO Ireland! What makes it cruelest of all is that its an oral thermometer LOL! That long slender point has got to hurt LOL!

3. ireland

ireland Active member

Russian government says "nyet" to AllofMP3.com

11/29/2006 10:40:08 AM, by Nate Anderson

The international noose around AllofMP3.com has been tightening for some time, and now it appears to have closed: the Russian government has agreed to shut down the site.

link
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/47/295688#2586044

Last edited: Nov 29, 2006
  4. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

that's crap....they were a last hold-out.

5. ireland

ireland Active member

some ipood owners have a bitch

Wednesday, 29 November 2006
    New iPod Taxes Loom
    Topic: Media Players

The line is getting longer for those who want to slap a tax on iPod owners.Overviewheroa

Dutch music industry group SONT said this week that it would wait to impose a fee on digital music players, similar to the one it slaps on blank CDs and DVDs, until European regulators come up with a recommendation. The final levy could be as much as 20 Euros (about $26 U.S.) per gadget, with proceeds going to musicians allegedly being pushed into starvation by file-swapping.

Meanwhile, the head of Universal Music Group said he intends to hit up Apple for a piracy-compensation fee similar to the one Microsoft agreed to for the Zune. The software giant sends the music conglomerate $1 for each Zune manufactured. Universal CEO Doug Morris said he expects to start negotiating with Apple early next year.

note read the comments there
    http://blog.wired.com/gadgets/2006/11/new_ipod_taxes_.html

6. Estuansis

Estuansis Active member

STARVATION? Are you people telling me that because you're making a few million less you're being pushed into starvation? Most of those "impoverished" stars still make 10+ million a year. I could live like a king for the rest of my life off a million dollars.

^my bitch^

7. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

if citizens are going to have to pay "piracy compensation fees," then filesharing better damn well become legal. that's the only way these shithole corporations should get their way. "golly gee, i'm going to pay for something that's illegal to do anyway."--what kind of system is that? christ, the greed and stupidity overwhelm me.

[​IMG]
    screw that.

8. ZippyDSM

ZippyDSM Active member

This is why governments of the world should step in and impose a 1% tax on digital devices/new computers and the internet and then make all downloading and shearing of programs/vids/music/books leagle this way the consumers are protected and the corperations get a small amount from the goverment as well as can sue people that sell copies but the rest of the people they cant touch....

Letting corperations roam about unchecked is never a good thing....

9. ireland

ireland Active member

FOXY PROXY..........If you cannot get to MySpace from school, or cannot get to GMail at work, or Live in Belarus, or China, or one of the other nations who censor the internet, download this proxy manager and go around the block.....
    (free).....GO THERE!
    http://foxyproxy.mozdev.org/

what is foxyproxy?

* Live in Belarus, Burma, China, Cuba, Egypt, Iran, North Korea, Saudi Arabia, Syria, Thailand, Tunisia, Turkmenistan Uzbekistan, Vietnam, or one of the other nations who censor the internet?
    * Can't get to MySpace from school?
    * Can't get to GMail at work?

then foxyproxy is for you!
    some foxyproxy features

* Define multiple proxies
    * Define which proxy to use (or none!) for arbitrary URLs using wildcards, regular expression and other conveniences
    * No more wondering whether a URL loaded through a proxy or not: FoxyProxy optionally logs all URLs, including which proxy was used (if any), which pattern was matched, timestamps, etc.
    * Out-of-the-box support for Tor with the unique Tor Wizard - zero configuration!
    * Temporarily or permanently dedicate all URLs to go through a particular proxy
    * Temporarily or permanently disable use of a proxy
    * Automatically add blocked sites to a proxy and have them reload through the proxy
    * Optional status bar information about which proxy is currently in use
    * Complete Proxy Auto-Config (PAC) support
    * Download a link using one of your defined proxies with a simple right-click (coming soon)
    * Unobtrusive presence, stable execution, premier support
    * Optionally force Firefox to perform DNS lookups through a SOCKS4a/5 server. Note that Firefox without FoxyProxy always performs DNS lookups through a SOCKS5 server if you've defined one. Only with FoxyProxy can you instruct Firefox to not use defined SOCKS5 servers for DNS lookups.

10. ireland

ireland Active member

HOT,HOT,HOT,HOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Zombie tool makes use of Windows, antivirus flaws

By Joris Evers
    Staff Writer, CNET News.com
    Published: November 29, 2006, 4:49 PM PST
    Tell us what you think about this storyTalkBack E-mail this story to a friendE-mail View this story formatted for printingPrint Add to your del.icio.usdel.icio.us Digg this storyDigg this

An updated variant of a malicious bot program is spreading via a flaw in Symantec's antivirus software as well as through several holes in Microsoft code.

The program, called "Spybot.ACYR" by Symantec and "Sdbot.worm!811a7027" by McAfee, appears to be targeting educational institutions, according to a blog item posted by Symantec Tuesday. "We are seeing a spike in traffic on port 2967 with activity only in the .edu domain," the security company said. "The impact of the attack is minimal thus far."

This Spybot variant attempts to break into computers through a six-month-old vulnerability in Symantec Client Security and Symantec AntiVirus. A fix has been available since May 25. "Customers who have applied the patch in their environment are unaffected by the worm," Symantec said.

Additionally, the bot program tries to exploit five flaws in Microsoft Windows, the most recent of which was patched in August and affects Windows file and printer sharing. The oldest Windows flaw of the five dates back to 2004, according to Symantec's alert.

When installed on a PC, Spybot opens a back door in the system and connects to an Internet Relay Chat server to let the remote attacker control the compromised computer. Spybot first surfaced in 2003 and has spawned many offshoots.

Bot software such as Spybot is the most prevalent threat to Windows PCs, according to a recent Microsoft security report. More than 43,000 new variants of such insidious programs were found in the first half of 2006, making it the most active category of malicious software, Microsoft said.

A computer taken by such a bot is popularly referred to as a "zombie PC." It can be used by miscreants as part of a network of bots, or "botnet," to relay spam and launch cyberattacks. Additionally, hackers often steal the victim's data and install spyware and adware on PCs, to earn a kickback from the spyware or adware maker.

http://news.com.com/2100-1002_3-6139493.html?part=rss&tag=2547-1_3-0-20&subj=news

11. ZippyDSM

ZippyDSM Active member

ireland
    wait wait wait spybot is mal/spy ware? 0-o

12. Pop_Smith

Pop_Smith Regular member

I don't think SpyBot is spyware, it looks more like virus/trojan makers taking advantage of the name and making virus and trojan carrying variations.

13. Polyarny

Polyarny Regular member

i know its a little late to comment on this but im gonna anyway... they actually linked this trait to the number 27 chromosome. and they dont tend to be, they ARE immune to HIV/AIDS just adding what little knowledge i have on such things, carry on. lol

14. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

My bitch is that I've still got the flu. Day two. I'll look at the bright side...I'm losing a few pounds albeit in a manner I find rather repulsive.

15. Ripper

Ripper Active member

Eesh, no details Thanks Gerry ;-)

Get well soon :)

16. ireland

ireland Active member

good morning..
    There is a new beta you may want to try:

anydvd 6.0.9.0 11-30-2006- New: Runs under VirtualPC on PowerPC MACs
    - Change: "Aggressive I/O Mode" checkbox removed, "Safe Mode" is back.
    Just the way it was in version <= 6.0.8.2
    - Change: "Safe Mode" off is less "aggressive", this fixes many problems
    some users were having
    - Fix: DEP error on Windows Vista

http://sandbox.slysoft.com/SetupAnyDVD6090.exe

Last edited: Nov 30, 2006
  17. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

My bitch....

What do you get when a terminal with 100+ workers work safetly for 1000 days with no injuries? You lose your job.

My company is currently downsizing due to fairly new upper management. My boss will now be doing my old job and I'm now forced back into driving the locomotive again...on call 24/7 7 days a week. Merry Christmas and a happy new year.

18. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

That sucks locoeng :(

We have layoff's coming up again (new parent company) and unfortunately I will not be one of those laid off. The severance package is very sweet but no severance packages after 12/31/06. I would get a little over a years pay but have been turned down 2x. My bitch of the day.

With my luck I'll get laid off 1/1/07 :)

@gerry1
    Hope you get better real soon!!

19. pulsar

pulsar Active member

After nearly 17 yrs I was made redundant (back in '98) I received £2500 in redundancy. My first 5yrs did not count as i was an apprentice! That equated to about 2 months salary..........

20. Estuansis

Estuansis Active member

I'm hopefully going to work at my Dad's Powder Coating/Body Shop business when he gets it running.

My bitch, My dad has had 2 eye surgeries to put in a new lense and a heart surgery to install a mechanical heart valve and completely replace his aorta. His boss told him that if he told him he had problems maintaining his job an easier job would be found for him... so he did just that. He got laid off instead of getting the new job. His boss lied to the company owner and said my dad had a bad attitude and had stormed out of the building.

My dad is good friends with the owner and the owner argued with the judge in the courtroom for eight hours trying to get my dad unemployment. He can't get unemployment because he was laid off. He got laid off because of his disabilities. Now the state is telling him he can't get disability pay. He's filing a lawsuit against the company for $100,000 and the multi-billionaire owner is more than willing to help us set it up and settle out of court. He's a good man :)

Now my dad is starting ^said^ business and he's going to try to get a government grant because of his disabilities. Hopes are high because the office he went to to get his grant likes to give out the government's money. Good... but just a bad situation to begin with

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.