1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lets Paint The Kettle Black,Do You Have A Bitch On Whats Going On Around The Site Or Any Thing Negative To Report

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by ireland, Mar 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ZippyDSM

ZippyDSM Active member

Estuansis
    the millions MS waste on it tis not cheap badly made maybe,ltho FF is still not 100% net friendly but then the 3% pages it dosent work well on are worth it to not be bombarded with pop ups and spam of all kinds.

2. Estuansis

Estuansis Active member

LMAO! I like how you put it XD

3. ireland

ireland Active member

so help for ye that installed ie7 by mistake..
    after uninstall at windows update.
    do not use express use custom and select the download ye want

How do I... Uninstall Microsoft Internet Explorer 7?
    Nov 29, 2006 - 10:02 PM - by Digital Dave
    Hmmm... some people might need to know this.

Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 (IE7) and Mozilla Firefox 2 are the latest Web browser contenders for your attention (apologies to fans of Opera and other Web browsers, but these are the two that garner the most attention). Many of us have tried both and made a decision about which is the browser of choice.

If you have chosen Firefox 2, then you may want to uninstall IE7. But this brings up two questions: Can you uninstall IE7 and if you can how do you do it? The answers are: Yes, you can and here's how.

techrepublic.com

How do I... Uninstall Microsoft Internet Explorer 7?

by Mark Kaelin | More from Mark Kaelin | 11/16/06

Tags: Web browsers | Internet Explorer (IE) | Microsoft Windows

* Article
    * Comments: 55 | 0 NEW | View all
    * Rating: 4.5 (out of 5) Rate it

* Save to my Workspace
    * E-mail Article
    * Print Article

Takeaway: Contrary to common mythology, it is indeed possible to uninstall Microsoft Internet Explorer 7. Mark Kaelin shows you how in this step-by-step guide.

This article is also available as a TechRepublic download.

The venerable Web browser continues to evolve. No longer just an application for displaying HTML, the Web browser now has to handle JavaScript, PHP, Java, Active X controls, loosely coupled Web services, plug-ins, multimedia, XML, RSS feeds and more. The Web browser has become an integral part of the total computer experience. All of those expectations make choosing a preferred browser more important than many ever thought it would or should be.

Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 (IE7) and Mozilla Firefox 2 are the latest Web browser contenders for your attention (apologies to fans of Opera and other Web browsers, but these are the two that garner the most attention). Many of us have tried both and made a decision about which is the browser of choice.

If you have chosen Firefox 2, then you may want to uninstall IE7. But this brings up two questions: Can you uninstall IE7 and if you can how do you do it? The answers are: Yes, you can and here's how.
    Uninstall IE7

If your installation of IE7 was successful and uneventful, then uninstalling it is relatively simple process. The following steps will uninstall IE7 and restore IE 6.

1. Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
    2. Click Add or Remove Programs.
    3. Scroll down to Windows Internet Explorer 7, click it, and then click Change/Remove.

If for some reason Windows Internet Explorer 7 does not appear in the Add or Remove Programs, you should:

1. Open Windows Explorer
    2. Click Tools | Folder Options
    3. Click the View tab
    4. Make sure the radio button next to Show hidden files and folders is on
    5. Click OK
    6. Click Start, and then click Run
    7. Type: %windir%\ie7\spuninst\spuninst.exe into the text box and click Enter

Specified user account

In some cases, you may get an error message when you try to uninstall IE7 that says you cannot uninstall from a specified user account. To get around this check you will have to edit the Windows Registry.

Warning: Editing the Windows Registry incorrectly can cause the Windows operating system to stop functioning completely. This is a advanced operation and you are encouraged to back up the Windows Registry before you attempt any editing of the file. You have been warned.

Bypass the user account check with this Windows Registry edit:

1. Click Start, click Run, type regedit, and then press ENTER.
    2. Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer.
    3. Right-click the Internet Explorer key, click New, and then click DWORD value.
    4. Type InstalledByUser as the name, and then press ENTER to finish creating the new registry value.
    5. Try to uninstall Internet Explorer 7 again.

http://articles.techrepublic.com.com/5100-10877-6136194.html

Last edited: Dec 1, 2006
  4. ireland

ireland Active member

my bitch for today..

i was trying out ie-7,all it did was error out at odd times..

i was doing some work around the house.
    came back hit refresh,error.then please send a error report popped.. up..i said up yours,then i uninstalled and went back to ie-6..but after the reboot,a update popped up..guess what it was for? ie-7.....

ie-7 is junk compared to firefox.

5. Ripper

Ripper Active member

Agreed. I have IE6 installed, just cos it's their, and if it EVER auto updates, it's for the chop ;-)

Lol

Last edited: Dec 2, 2006
  6. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

IE7 would have a job getting on this laptop, it's gotta get past Linux first, hehehehe

7. Ripper

Ripper Active member

Lol!
    You saying that made me think of this creaky..

**From the MSFireFox Fakey Site**
    [​IMG]

Hehehe :)

8. creaky

Noooooooooooo, keep that bug-infested spyware-attracting, crash-happy utter rubbish away :p

9. Ripper

Ripper Active member

Indeed ;-)

(Wow, I've said that twice in about 5 mins :p)

10. rav009

rav009 Active member

<--- Hates IE so much he tried to regedit it away & failed.

(my bitch^)

11. Ripper

Ripper Active member

Grrrr, I haven't tried that. I'm confident enough to edit the registry, but not v high on my "to do list".

12. creaky

ditto, i often used to mess with the registry but it's far easier to just use another O/S

13. Pop_Smith

Pop_Smith Regular member

My bitch for today (well, actually its for yesterday I just didn't have time to post):

Work - It sucked yesterday, some chick who got promoted to a "lead" position (and has only been working their for like 2-3 months, compared to my 3 years) was put in charge yesterday because she was scheduled before I was.

Well, I was fixin' a drink sense I work in a concession stand, and I went to double check what the drink was to make sure I got the order right and she snapped big time at me.

Something like "Don't give me your attitude, if you want to give me attitude you can go home" (Which was bull sh*t, as I used the same tone of voice I had used all day) The stupid thing was that she thought she was all that just because she got to be in charge for the day.

I have to work with the stupid chick again today so hopefully things will go better. If not, then I will probably just talk to the manager about it (a different, much cooler lady).

Oh well, there is my complaint for today (well, actually yesterday I just didn't have time to post it :p)

Peace,

Pop Smith

14. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

So how do you get MS to quit bugging me about upgrading to IE7 without turning auto update off completely. I have it set to tell me what's new to upgrade but don't want IE7 and it keeps harassing me.

15. creaky

- sorry to hear it, however taking on stuff like this can backfire; i can vouch for that, i'm up to my neck in a work complaint that i had more than sufficient grounds for, but ranks closed and i got cornered and stitched up badly, so all i will say is think about it long and hard before you do anything

16. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

garmoom,

To get rid of it, do the following:
    Go to the Windows Update site.
    Click Custom.
    When it finishes searching click Software, Optional.
    Find the update and click the + symbol.
    Check the box for: Don't show this update again.
    You may have to restart before the icon is removed from the taskbar.

17. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

has to uninstall ie7 off friend's wife's laptop as they couldn't browse the net with it

18. ireland

ireland Active member

just think they will force ye to install ie-7,very soon..

check this out!!!!!!!!!!

Toolkit to Disable Automatic Delivery of IE-7

IE7 'critical update' causes headaches for managed desktop environments
    Switch to manual
    By Grigorios Fragkos and H. Read �¨ More by this author
    Published Sunday 12th November 2006 06:19 GMT
    Get The Register's new weekly newsletter for senior IT managers delivered to your inbox, click here.

Many organisations use methods to keep a standard look and feel to their computer desktops, with branding, logos, default company websites as home pages and various rights and privilege settings. These "manageable computer desktops" have always been fairly easy to roll-out company-wide, and if any changes were made in a session, they are wiped when the next user logs on.

Recently, Microsoft released Internet Explorer 7, the latest version of its web browser. Even more recently, it added it to the "critical updates" section of Windows Update. Many organisations, to keep their computers up-to-date and bug-free, allow these critical updates to be installed automatically overnight, with no user intervention.

Internet Explorer 7 is a nice update to IE6, enabling tabbed browsing, and introduces other features seen in other web browsers like Firefox and Opera. Typically, IE7 will overwrite IE6 as the default Microsoft browser.

The previous incarnation, IE6, was nicely integrated with managed desktop settings. It was very difficult to make any permanent changes to the home page. However, it appears that IE7 has forgotten its "managed" roots and allows users, by means of a few simple clicks, to permanently choose a home page of their choosing!

Now, this isn't a security threat of any sort, but for an organisation trying to keep the same branding company-wide, it can get difficult. As many organisations may not feel compelled to turn off automatic updates, they should be prepared to face this is issue when Internet Explorer 7 is downloaded and installed automatically.

For those organisations wishing to hold back a little further until these potential issues are sorted out by a later IE service pack (we are already on SP2) help is at hand from Microsoft. It has released a "Toolkit to Disable Automatic Delivery of Internet Explorer 7" here.
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...F7-5D44-482B-9DBD-869B4A90159C&displaylang=en

Brief Description
    The Internet Explorer 7 Blocker Toolkit enables IT Administrators to disable automatic delivery of Internet Explorer 7 as a high-priority update via Automatic Updates and the Windows Update and Microsoft Update sites.

19. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

Thanks aabbccdd, I'll do that now!

20. ireland

ireland Active member

good morning to ye all..

i have a bitch because i have no bitch to bitch about..

BETTER NOT BITCH

Oh, you'd better not bitch
    And you better not moan
    Or be an a@@hole at the office
    or a bugger at home
    'Cause Santa Claus is coming to town.

He sees you when you're sleazy
    He knows when you're pissed off
    He knows if you're a big sad-sack,
    So you better clean up your act.

Oh, you better stay happy
    and you better stay cool