1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lets Paint The Kettle Black,Do You Have A Bitch On Whats Going On Around The Site Or Any Thing Negative To Report

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by ireland, Mar 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ripper

Ripper Active member

Wb Gerry. Hope you're feeling better now. Man, I wish I had your luck, though! ;-)

You could always try to read the memory card, but, dunno. And looks like you're needin some new lases! :-(

Lol :)

2. Pop_Smith

Pop_Smith Regular member

@Jerry, hopefully your memory card will be ok. I have done that myself once, I let it dry out by itself in a safe place (away from kids, pets, more water, etc. :p) and it worked ok.

Peace

3. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

@Pop_Smith...actually, thanks for telling me that! When I'm sure its good and dry I'll give it a try!

4. Pop_Smith

Pop_Smith Regular member

No problem, as long as it dries out ok it should still have all the data on it. Like I mentioned I had a similar incident with memory cards and water. My dad also had one but his was worse. My sister spilled about 30 ounces of water on his laptop. We let it dry out on it own and it works fine to this day (the water incident was about six months ago).

Good luck, I hope it turns out ok for you. :)

5. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

@tranquash

Was it the "bend over and cough" or "royalty" purple to which you were referring?

I'm a bad person, I couldn't resist. LMAO

6. tranquash

tranquash Regular member

you are indeed, garmoon.

it wasn't the bend over one.

yeah, keep laughing...

7. ireland

ireland Active member

All in a period

The kindergarten class had a homework assignment to find out about something exciting and relate it to the class the next day. When the time came for the little kids to give their reports, the teacher was calling on them one at a time.

She was reluctant to call upon little Johnnie, knowing that he sometimes could be a bit crude. But eventually his turn came. Little Johnnie walked up to the front of the class, and with a piece of chalk, made a small white dot on the blackboard, then sat back down. Well the teacher couldn't figure out what Johnnie had in mind for his report on something exciting, so she asked him just what that was.

'It's a period,' reported Johnnie.

'Well I can see that,' she said. 'But what is so exciting about a period?'

'Damned if I know,' said Johnnie, 'but this morning my sister said she missed one. Then Daddy had a heart attack, Mommy fainted and Uncle Joe shot himself.'

8. tocool4u

tocool4u Guest

Skype has announced that it will be adding an optional lie detector to its popular internet telephony service.

The 'KishKish' software attempts to determine whether the caller is telling a whopper by analysing the audio stream and checking for stress levels.

Lying evokes the 'fight or flight' response in humans, which makes muscles tense up, altering the pitch and tone of the voice.

"This is a really neat application, and the kind of thing we want to see more of," said Paul Amery, director of Skype's developer programme.

"Lie Detector is the latest in a variety of products in our premium Extras for Skype which greatly enhance the Skype communication experience."

The software was developed by Israeli software house BATM, and is already in use by the US military.

The software is available from Skype as a premium add on. No price or release date have been announced.

Source:
    http://www.vnunet.com/vnunet/news/2171271/skype-adds-lie-detector-phone

9. ireland

ireland Active member

THIS IS HOT FOR YE BULL-CRAPERS THAT ARE USING SKYPE CHAT

Worm Spreading via Skype Chat?

Password-stealing Trojan horse may--or may not--be targeting popular VoIP feature.
    Jeremy Kirk, IDG News Service
    Tuesday, December 19, 2006 06:00 AM PST

Computer security analysts are studying reports of a worm that may be circulating via a feature in Skype's popular Voice over IP service.

Security vendor Websense said the worm spreads through Skype's chat feature. Users receive a message asking them to download a file called "sp.exe." The executable is a Trojan horse that can steal passwords. If a user runs the Trojan it triggers another set of code to spread itself.

The first infected PCs appeared in the Asia-Pacific region, particularly in Korea, Websense reported on its blog today. It said it was still investigating the issue.
    F-Secure Disagrees, SANS not Sure

Not all security experts were in agreement, however. F-Secure received a sample of the worm and determined that it did not, in fact, target Skype, said Mikko Hypponen, chief research officer. "What's clear is, there's no massive worm outbreak with Skype at the moment," Hypponen said. "We are following the situation."

The SANS Internet Storm Center said it was "hearing some details of a new worm spreading via Skype IM" and asked for more information in a posting on its site.

Websense said the executable appears to be encrypted with NTKrnl Secure Suite Packer, a polymorphic encryption program that makes files look unique to different detection engines. The original site that hosted the code is no longer serving it, Websense said.
    http://www.pcworld.com/article/id,128258/article.html

NOTE:A FIREFOX UPDATE IS OUT
    V2.0.0.1

Last edited: Dec 19, 2006
  10. ireland

ireland Active member

NOTE:A Firefox UPDATE IS OUT
    V2.0.0.1

MY BITCH FOR TODAY

DRM Critique Airs On National Public Radio
    Posted by kdawson on Tuesday December 19, @08:22PM
    from the getting-the-word-out dept.
    The Media Politics
    An anonymous reader writes to point out that a critique of Digital Rights Management made it onto the mainstream media this morning. NPR's Marketplace Morning Report ran a piece noting that with the demise of the VHS format we risk losing fair-use rights since we now have only digital media. From the article: "As our country moves forward to regulate digital copying, I urge us all to bear in mind T. S. Eliot's famous saying. 'Good poets borrow; great poets steal.'"

Goodbye VHS, farewell fair use

Listen to this commentary

http://marketplace.publicradio.org/shows/2006/12/19/AM200612192.html

As VHS tapes and VCRs head the way of Betamax and phonographs, commentator Bill Hammack warns that the right to fair use is in danger of disappearing right along with them.

email this story

TEXT OF COMMENTARY

MARK AUSTIN THOMAS: 2006 might be remembered as the year the VHS videotape format suffered a fatal blow: Major studios have stopped releasing their movies on VHS. This happened after DVD sales of prerecorded movies surpassed VHS cassettes for the first time three years ago. Commentator and engineer Bill Hammack says we might be losing more than a recording format. We might be losing our culture.
    BILL HAMMACK: Back in the 1980s, the Supreme Court ruled VCR makers couldn't be held liable for copyright infringement.

That gave consumers the right to make personal copies of TV shows and movies using a VCR.

The new digital media that are erasing the VHS format are also erasing our rights.

A few years ago, a Judge issued a catch-22 ruling: Yes, she said, we can copy commercial DVDs too. But no one can sell the software to do that.

In effect, that lets a content producer, the copyright owner, code their own intellectual property law into the DVD.

What's wrong with what? I mean surely only criminals would like to copy, right?

Well, wait a minute.

The U.S. has a long history of fair use: You have the right to cut out and frame a New Yorker cartoon. Or photocopy a newspaper article.

Fair use also catalyzes innovation and allows us to talk about ourselves, to create culture.

Take an artist of the future. He or she might want to make a statement using a bit of video or sound in a creative work.

But as all media — even books — become digital, every embodiment of thought or imagination becomes subject to commercial control.

DVDs use a technology called Digital Rights Management that allow producers to control when and where you watch.

They can specify whether you view a movie once or 100 times, and they can even restrict the devices you can play it on.

The slow demise of VHS tape risks the literary and intellectual canon of the coming century becoming locked into a digital vault accessible only to a few.

As our country moves forward to regulate digital copying, I urge us all to bear in mind T.S. Eliot's famous saying. "Good poets borrow; great poets steal."

THOMAS: Bill Hammack teaches chemical engineering at the University of Illinois in Champaign-Urbana.

http://marketplace.publicradio.org/shows/2006/12/19/AM200612192.html

Last edited: Dec 19, 2006
  11. tocool4u

tocool4u Guest

My bitch. Today after school I started feeling my heart kinda "flutter" I wasn't worried about it because i get it sometimes (PVCs). But i noticed i can feel it a little bit and it happned more than once a minute. With PVCs its usually a "big" flop of the heart and then its over. Since i felt it kinda "dull"(PACs), i knew what was happining. For anybody that wants to know PVCs are "Premature Ventricular Contraction" and PACs are "Premature Atrial Contraction". Anyway I think I am going into Atrial Fribulation or Atrial Flutter( The only way to find out is when the doctors actually stick a catheter into your heart. This has happned TWICE already. Its not fun.

I haven't told my parents yet and am debating on wether to tell them untill after XMAS.Its not really dangerous just really uncomfortable. I am scheduled to go to visit with an Electrophysiologist and they are supposed to do an EP study and an ablation(Damage the heart tissue that is causing the problem). It really really pisses me off that this is happning 5 days before XMAS. The operation they do to temp fix it takes about an 2 hours and 20 mins total( 1 hour of getting me under Anestetics and 20 mins for the shocking of the heart and an hour to clean up and wake me up. I usually stay overnight because i don't work well with anestetics(Vomiting, dizzyness and nausea..etc) I don't know if i want to get it over with before XMAS or after XMAS

What do you guys think?

12. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

do it as you might not live to see christmas.

13. tocool4u

tocool4u Guest

Lol..... Nah I've had this before. I have been in Atrial FLutter for over a month last time. My doctors said it doesn't damage the heart. I don't know if I want to have to go through the operation untill after XMAS or before. The advantage about after is that my parents and family can enjoy XMAS but i will be uncomfortable. The advantage of before is that i can get it ove with and have a nice XMAS but my parents are going to be unhappy when i tell them. This situation F-in SUCKS. Im so pissed.

Edit: All that is really happening is that there is some electrical current from a piece of my original heart they left in (On purpose). The current is supposed to circle around but sometimes it leaks out into my main electrical current and screws it up.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 20, 2006
  14. Estuansis

Estuansis Active member

So you have a donor heart? What's the point of the little piece of heart left?

Sounds like you'll never be free from problems :(

15. ZippyDSM

ZippyDSM Active member

it might sux and be annoying to do it but do it and get it over with...

16. tocool4u

tocool4u Guest

The little piece of heart that is still there is supposed to be thier. They needed to sew the donor heart to the body and to do that the have to sew it to the little piece of my orginal heart.

Edit: i decided to tell my parents and now im going in well cya hopefully friday. I reallly am not scared of the operation, because it really easy and qick and they do it all the time(No lie). But the thing im not looking foward to is anestesia.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 21, 2006
  17. ZippyDSM

ZippyDSM Active member

*hugy*
    good luck man 0-o

18. Ripper

Ripper Active member

Tough ride tocool. Hope you're better for xmas.

19. tocool4u

tocool4u Guest

Thanks ZippyDSM
    Thanks me too. Just got off the with the doctors and they said 3 options.

*Cardioversion(The normal way to get out of this mess)
    *dijoxin(sp) is a medicine that can get you out of it.(Normally only works temporairley and doesn't get ou totaly out of it) but maybe they can give it to me untill after Xmas?.
    *Do and EP study and get an ablation which will rid of the mess forever.But i haven't decided if i want to do that yet. Plus i doubt that will happen soon because you are supposed to stop asprin(a mild blood thinner) for a week before.

My heart rate is steady at 133 bps with it normally around 95.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 21, 2006
  20. ZippyDSM

ZippyDSM Active member

man that suxs I have been in and out of hospitals when I was under 20 and then in the past 6 or so years with my parents beign ill mom pasted in 05 3 months into public housing our old house was condemned and we were "moved" dad pasted 9 months later from heart/smoking trouble,I guess I am doing well since I have not killed myself and live nearly rent free with my 90yrd grandmother on her sis old farm its rualness no board band but I can barely afford sat net all in all I guess I should be happy with what I gots but I still complain...bah I am such a kid...and still only 30 :p

Do not let chaos and saddness lead you to darkness....if they do....dont forget a flashlight :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.