1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lets Paint The Kettle Black,Do You Have A Bitch On Whats Going On Around The Site Or Any Thing Negative To Report

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by ireland, Mar 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

@ZippyDSM...damned good advice, my friend. When I was 28 years old (26 years ago LOL!), I fell off a ladder, fractured vertebrae in the neck and lower back. It took three years to learn to walk and use my left arm again...and I lucked out because I had just gotten out of the marine corps so I was in good shape and that saved me from being stuck that way permanently but it left me a chronic pain patient. After a lot of struggling, I remember admitting to my dad that I was depressed and he started laughing and told me that if I weren't depressed, then I'd really be nuts! Sometimes we have every right to feel sorry for ourselves...its a normal response but, sooner or later, one usually tires of it and gets on with life. So it was with me anyway and still is that way. When things get bad and I hurt a lot, good ol' Gerry1 just crawls under a rock for a few days but always manages to crawl out again ... perhaps not good as new LOL! but functional, good natured and ready for a new day.

@tocool4u: Zippy gives good advice and you have a good attitude my young friend. Like me, you seem to have one hell of a good family which you should be very thankful for. As for me, I've had neck and back surgery so often I'm not afraid of anastesia anymore ... I'm more comfortable with a spinal fusion that I am with a trip to the dentist LOL! Best of luck to you and let us know how you made out as soon as you can!

2. tranquash

tranquash Regular member

tocool,

i hope everything works out great for you.

My best wishes!!!

3. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

i've had to learn how to walk 3 times after being operated on twice as i have cerebal palsey, mild version..

4. ZippyDSM

ZippyDSM Active member

dude we need to make a support thread/forum *L*

5. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

@Zippy...I guess we've been doing that in a manner of speaking but you know...cheers to us all; what a remarkably resilient bunch we are!

6. ireland

ireland Active member

MINNE THE ROBOT HOUSE MAID MIGHT GET CIVIL RIGHT..

UK ponders civil rights for robots

Toasters want the vote

By Nick Farrell: Thursday 21 December 2006, 15:41
    A UK GOVERNMENT think tank is warning that robots might be smart enough to demand emancipation from their human owners.

The paper warns that there could be a "monumental shift" could occur if robots were developed to the point where they could reproduce, improve or think for themselves. This would of course make them more developed than most humans.

The research, commissioned by the U.K. Office of Science and Innovation's Horizon Scanning Centre said that correctly managed, there was a possibility for increased labour output and greater intelligence to be provided by robots that will ultimate lead to greater human prosperity and an improvement of the human condition.

However, Robots could end up suing the government if they did not get their way. The result is that the toasters could have to provide full social benefits to them including income support, housing and possibly robo-health care to fix the machines over time.

The Centre predicted that this would not be an issue for at least another 20 years, but then again technology which was thought to be a century or two away, such as retinas and drugs for dramatically lengthened lifespans were only a decade away, so who knows.

Sir David King, the government's chief boffin said that while the government was not in the position of fortune telling it did need to explore the broadest range of different possibilities to help ensure government is prepared in the long term and considers issues across the spectrum in its planning.

It is probably better to give them the vote, apparently the government has no intention of building a huge battlestar in which to find other humans in the galaxy if the toasters revolt. µ

L'INQ
    usatoday

U.K. government study: Freedom for robots?
    LINK TO STORY

http://www.usatoday.com/tech/news/robotics/2006-12-20-robot-rights_x.htm?csp=34

Last edited: Dec 21, 2006
  7. Ripper

Ripper Active member

Damn, ddp, sorry to hear that. :-(
    And tocool with his heart problems..

I thought I got off bad having appendicitis @ age 9 and nearly dieing :-X

Apparently not! Lol

8. Estuansis

Estuansis Active member

Wow, you guys make me feel bad about bitching altogether.

Here's a fun situation:

My good buddy Justin has AS(Asperger Syndrome) so he can't show his emotions like others. When he's feeling down he can't frown because almost all he is able to express is happiness. That's gotta be frustrating.

9. tocool4u

tocool4u Guest

Alright update, I have had a long day in the ER they are now saying it isn't flutter. I am admitted to the hospital and i am on the "teen room" PC right now. They are pretty confident that it isn't Atrial Flutter. Now they have to figure out what it is. I am supposed to get ALOT of bloodwork done in about 2 hours. The reason they said im not in A Flutter is because my heart rate is steady at 130 with normal rythem. With A flutter your rythem and heart rate is all over the place. So im just going to have to wait untill the results come back tommorow.

Atleast i didn't have to get Cardioverted :D and i go to see some old friends :)

10. tranquash

tranquash Regular member

hope everything goes well with you.

11. ireland

ireland Active member

December 21, 2006
    HERES A BITCH FOR YR!!!!!!!!!!!!!

McDonald's Outsources the Drive-Thru Workers in Hawaii McDonalds!!!

McdToday I had a BigMac attack the first time in a long time and I also wanted to verify a rumour that was going around the office. They guys were telling me that the order taker at the drive-thru was in California, remember I live in Hawaii!

I rolled up to the Golden Arches and got in the drive-thru line. When I got done placing my order I asked the person taking the order if it was true that she was taking orders from California. When she replied yes I said that’s weird, she did not reply. I also asked if she was really in California and not India or someplace else. Again no Reply

The usual window that is open to take money and has the person taking the drive-thru orders was closed, but I could see in the window the ordering monitor was alive with activity. The screen that they usually press to enter orders was updating on it own with no one touching it.

When I got to the checkout window I asked if it the person taking the order was really in California. The guy looked at me and said thats what were supposed to say and gave me a wink? This surprised me and it really pushed one of my get pissed off buttons.

I told him to cancel my order and to inform the manager I would not support a food chain that outsource service level jobs. I was pretty sarcastic when I told him that, I added that at least they could not out source him. That earned me a smile. He actually said thanks when I drove off.

I don’t go to McDonald's very often, but it makes me really mad that they are outsourcing service level jobs to either a foreign country or another state. Normally those entry level employees would spend their paychecks in this state and add to the tax base.

I am unsure how widespread this is, but I will never step foot in McDonald’s again. They will never ever get a single penny of my families money. I hope this makes you mad enough to vote with your wallet.

Note: I will continue to support the Ronald McDonald houses as that is a wonderful organization and a charity worth supporting!

http://www.geeknewscentral.com/archives/006680.html

12. Pop_Smith

Pop_Smith Regular member

Like ddp I also have cerebral palsy, although my doctor says its "extremely mild" but I have it. I too had to relearn a lot of stuff once, when I had a seizure about thirteen years ago. I don't remember much of it, as I was real young (I am 18 now). It sucks but I am ok with it as I have to live with it and they can't "fix" it (as far as I know).

My real bitch today:
    I downloaded "Prison Tycoon 2" because I saw a demo on Blasteroids, and I can't get it to work. I start the game and go into the area where you can select one of three prisons. I select one and then it shows a bus and a message saying I need an area for the inmates to stay. I build it, a mess hall and some security stuff. The bus arrives and the gates open to the prison but the prisoners never get off the bus.

I can't figure out what I am doing wrong and couldn't find any answers on Google. :(

EDIT: @tocool4u, that is at least good to hear your heart isn't fluttering and that you don't have to get Cardioverted. I hope whatever they have to do goes well. :)

Last edited: Dec 21, 2006
  13. ireland

ireland Active member

SOME GOOD NEWS,BOY AND GIRLS GET OUT YE TOOLS AND USE THEM..

What are the scientific reasons for having sex?

Asked by Jill Howard of Alexandria, Virginia, USA

The reasons for not engaging in sex include transmission of diseases, heart attack due to exertion, and many others. The reasons for engaging in sex are numerous. Among these are:

* Sex helps boost the immune system. According to Dr Carl Charnetski of the Department of Psychology at Wilkes University in Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania, people who reported one or two sexual "episodes" per week enjoyed higher levels of Immunoglobin A. This is an antibody that helps fight disease.

* Sex helps boost longevity. In one study cited by Dr Charnetski, men who had more orgasms over a 10 year period boosted their longevity compared with those who had fewer.

* Sex helps ward off cancer. In another study cited by Dr Charnetski, men who had more ejaculations over a 35 year period had 33 per cent less prostate cancer compared to those with fewer ejaculations.

* Sex results in a more youthful appearance. According to a study by Dr David Weeks, a clinical neuropsychologist at the Royal Edinburgh Hospital in Scotland and co-author of Superyoung (1999), men and women who reported having sex an average of four times per week looked approximately 10 years younger than they really were.

* Sex helps reduce stress. Numerous studies show that it does this through lowering anxiety levels, boosting relaxation, and aiding sleeping.

* Sex helps fight depression. A study by Dr Gordon Gallup of the Department of Psychology at the State University of New York at Albany found that women who regularly engage in heterosexual sex in which they come in contact with semen were significantly less depressed than those women that did not. he causal relationship is unclear. Dr Gallup speculates that "possibly because when absorbed through the vagina, semen may have an effect on mood in women". However, Dr Gallup is quick to point out: "Regardless of the findings, this study does not advocate that people abstain from using condoms. Protecting oneself from an unwanted pregnancy or a sexually transmitted disease is far more important."

* Sex helps coping with middle age. This is the inference drawn from research by Dr GA Bachmann at the Robert Wood Johnson Medical School in New Brunswick, New Jersey and published first in 1995 in the International Journal of Fertility and Menopausal Studies and continuing in The Journal of Sexual Medicine in 2006.

* Sex is good exercise. Exercise helps circulation, lowers cholesterol, and releases helpful endorphins.

* Sex helps in losing weight. Well, at least a little. One burns approximately four to five calories per minute or perhaps 300 calories per hour during sex (depending upon how, shall we say, "vigorous" the sex is). About 7,000 to 8,000 excess calories must be burned to lose one kilogram of fat (3,500 to lose one pound). You do the calculations.

Stephen Juan, Ph.D. is an anthropologist at the University of Sydney. Email your Odd Body questions to s.juan@edfac.usyd.edu.au

14. ZippyDSM

ZippyDSM Active member

I try and not flame..but sometimes the world gets to you....grammar Nazis and people who think "oh you an learn the controls" of a game that should normally learn ok you know I am learning disabled I am either really good or really bad and Halo2 2 controls are not made for south paws sure the analog sticks are swapable but the buttons they do not a move....meaning you can not jump and do other things like a normal "default" player...*sigh*

I am also getting tired of being bitch at that options are not needed in games,button mapping no,sound volume options no its like options are fcking bad thing.... its like msot people have gotten use to the crap companies dole out and are afraid to remember the days when you had OPTIONS in games.....

15. ZippyDSM

ZippyDSM Active member

sometimes a old or new game will not work because soemthign in DX has cocked up re reinstalling/refreshing it that can help,a patch could help,try redownlaoding the demo theres a very small chance the download is bad but installed fine.

16. ChrisC586

ChrisC586 Regular member

ZIppyDSM Can relate I have a son who is Autistic But your comment reminds me as a job I had a supervisor years ago. We had 2 thermoformers side by side that #2 former kicked out more parts on my shift than the other two shifts. In our supervisors meeting when asked why I told them #2 was set up for a left handed person. I wasn't believed so down the road corporate snt 4 people to observe what I was changing for a week just to report back to change the platform and controls around for a right handed person or put a left handed person on the machine.Moral of this is what might be good for some of the people isn't good for some. Like a right eyed dominant person trying to shoot a bow left handed.When your flamed sit back and think their narrow minded , but you've got wisdom and knowledge on your side. Chris

17. ZippyDSM

ZippyDSM Active member

ChrisC586
    maybe but I swear is like only "10-30" gamers cant cope....so why are they actively being left out over button mapping thats been in computer games for th last what 15 years?

Another thing in Halo2 that bugs me to no end is the 40/60 dead zone thing its like less than half is fine aim the other half uber spin/turn uhg where is the polish in games where? I see more polish in N46 and PSX games then I do now adays thats sad and quite annoying.

ick rant more *L*
    hows your kid copeing with life? I hope its light Autistisim where they are "there",the other can be maddening ;_;

18. ChrisC586

ChrisC586 Regular member

Very good considering his prognosis in the early days. He's 20 now some simple things can't be done or understood but other things . He's like Kim the " Rainman" except Numbers are dead to him but other medias is unreal at. It comes down to money w/ manufacturers on their projections and when they forget real life they lose.An example being something simpler for my son or any other physically challenged person you'd spend twice as much if not more that would make up theisr production costs. Because face it lifes hard enough for a midstream person let alone a challenged person. When you look at whats spent on special needs and doctors whats another hundred compared to the thousands already spent. Chris

19. ZippyDSM

ZippyDSM Active member

ChrisC586
    good good,lost but functioning in a way better than totally out of it.

I understand alot but are screwed at somethings :p *L*

20. ChrisC586

ChrisC586 Regular member

Yeah but when you look at it theres a lot of things some people can do and other things they can't.The ones that knock people down are the insecure ones, ya know like legends in their own mind. Chris

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.