1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lets Paint The Kettle Black,Do You Have A Bitch On Whats Going On Around The Site Or Any Thing Negative To Report

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by ireland, Mar 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ZippyDSM

ZippyDSM Active member

lettign him live in jail and paying his dues to society would have been better,killing him off will only make him a martyr ....

2. Lp531

Lp531 Regular member

JUSTICE!!!

I heard it was just Saddam...The other two haven't been given their justice YET...

Last edited: Dec 29, 2006
  3. rav009

rav009 Active member

4. ireland

ireland Active member

rav009
    this has nothing to do with politics,we are talking about the man not his politics, because of crimes against humanity..
    i sure would like to know how politics rhyme with dead.

this is about a news story,just like the news thread..
    which i will not post in,cause of the mad deleter.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2006
  5. ireland

ireland Active member

I would of posted this in the new thread,but the mad deleter is around..
    reference to this story here at afterdawn

http://www.afterdawn.com/news/archive/8283.cfm

Was HD DVD Copy Protection Broken?
    Posted by l33tdawg on Saturday, December 30, 2006 - 02:19 AM (Reads: 89)
    Source: Internet News

Hackers recently posted claims to have broken the Advanced Access Content System (AACS) copy protection on HD DVD. But another programmer is saying not so fast.

The initial claim was posted on Doom9, a site dedicated to DVD copying. A user named 'muslix64' posted some Java code that he claimed would decrypt the AACS protection and allow for video playback.

Not so fast, said Chris Lanier, a Microsoft MVP for Digital Media products. In a blog entry dated the same day as muslix64's posting (December 27), Lanier made two points. The first is that the software will decrypt a specific DVD only if it has the title key, and title keys are encrypted. Muslix64's software didn't have a way to get the title keys. To get the title key, you need to run PowerDVD video playback software from Cyberlink and do a memory dump, as PowerDVD leaves the title key unencrypted while in memory.

LINK TO MAIN STORY
    http://www.afterdawn.com/news/archive/8283.cfm

6. Ripper

Ripper Active member

I don't think it is fair to say that the death of one of the worlds (previously), biggest, cruelest, and threatening dictators has "nothing to do with politics". However, with people like Robert Mugabe still in power, he was merely a small fish in the ocean, IMO.

Anyway, not to delve deeply into political debate, seeing as that would be against the rules, I'm not going to say anything further on the subject; hopefully you won't either. ;)

7. ireland

ireland Active member

INTERNET SPEED TEST..........The most accurate broadband Speed Test on the internet. Very easy to use. DSL, Cable, Dial Up, you name it, this one test covers them all. Results appear on the screen in a easy to understand format.....(free).....
    GO THERE!
    http://www.auditmypc.com/internet-speed-test.asp

8. Pop_Smith

Pop_Smith Regular member

Its still getting around the protection (even though its though a memory hole according to the M$ guy) because if it didn't get around it then you couldn't dump and play back the files off your hard drive.

It may not be a complete work around but its a step in the right direction and things like this always start small, remember how DeCSS was simply a few leaked decryption keys? It eventually took off and Slysoft came around creating one of the best decryption programs I have ever witnessed.

So, again, sure its not complete but its a start and proves that AACS isn't "unbreakable" after all.

Peace

9. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

humm i am clicking start and nothing is happing maybe the sever is busy

10. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

I couldn't get the speed test to work either...."server busy" message is all I got.

11. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

...and who is this mad deleter I'm hearing of?

12. ireland

ireland Active member

try this one
    Take the Speakeasy Speed Test and test your connection speed! By measuring the download and upload rate from the following locations you are able to accurately judge your current line throughput or internet connection speed. To take the speed test, choose the server nearest you.

http://www.speakeasy.net/speedtest/

mine down
    =6325
    and up
    =451

13. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

Looks like just needs a lady touch :0)

Worked for me on the wireless - the speed test gave 4216 kbps download and 394.2 kbps. Not bad.

14. Lethal_B

Lethal_B Moderator Staff Member

There isn't one.. it's just the moderators moderating.

15. Ripper

Ripper Active member

Someone deleted one of Ireland's comments on a news article once, which he had posted a more indepth new article himself, and no one owned up to deleting it or somthing...

Whatever, that's what I heard.

16. ireland

ireland Active member

we have a heat wave in Pennsylvania very bright sunny day here,its 65.3f..if this keeps up i might have to cut the grass..

17. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

We've had upwards of 4" of rain since 2:30 am and it's still coming down. At least it' 70 deg. We are having a birthday party tonite for sis-in-law. Bummer! And yes the speed test did not work for me. One time it did say working but nothing happened. They did say the server could only handle 15 at a time. Could be next year before it works. LOL

18. rav009

rav009 Active member

Sh*te weather here..as usual.

19. janrocks

janrocks Guest

Annoying spammer in my inbox... looks like he got banned for more than a while..
    Let's see if the spambot email search engines pick up his details from this....ha ha ha ha...

As you can see I don't check my pm box very often...

20. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

@ireland...It's been like that in Philly as well. This is just too damned wierd though; the occasional fluke is one thing but its a bit scary to be opening one's windows during the day....week after week in the middle of winter. Ive never seen anything like it; hell, we'll be wearing cut offs and sunscreen to the mummers parade lol!

I did notice today that trees are starting to bud.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 30, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.