1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lets Paint The Kettle Black,Do You Have A Bitch On Whats Going On Around The Site Or Any Thing Negative To Report

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by ireland, Mar 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The_Fiend

The_Fiend Guest

My bitch for today : THAT F***ING COMODO FIREWALL PIECE OF FREEWARE SH*T.

I seriously have NO CLUE why anyone would want to praise this hunk of sh*t.
    It's clunky, it's about as functional and user friendly as ZoneAbomination, and it blocked everything but the bad traffic.

The comodo forums are about as helpfull as a bag of seeds is to a starving person, i looked for half an hour to try and find some proper answers, but i think after all my trouble i'd rather go spend 3 hours in the console forums here, because that would be LESS FRUSTRATING.
    Answers are vague, threads are cluttered, thread symbols are confusing, stickies are easily overlooked, etc. etc. etc.

My advice : if you haven't tried it yet, then STAY THE F**K AWAY FROM THIS ONE.

2. ireland

ireland Active member

thanks,The_Fiend

that will save me some work on testing COMODO firewall..

my bitch,is xp-poop pop up from the gates gang on updating to sp-2..
    on my test xp-poop hard drive..

i killed that pop up in a hurry..

3. The_Fiend

The_Fiend Guest

Tell that popup to FOD if you don't need it.
    Otherwise, get it over with quickly ;-)

4. Lp531

Lp531 Regular member

Sorry to hear about your problems with Comodo...I've been using it for a while with No Problems...What firewall would you recommend?

5. The_Fiend

The_Fiend Guest

Well, none, because they ALL suck for one reason or another.
    But ease of use wise, something like Mcafee or Sygate.

6. ireland

ireland Active member

only time i ever got a virus..,was using Mcafee and the one of the virus's went as far as the master boot record...

i have comcast and Mcafee firewall and virus program are free.
    also while using Mcafee my one system was slow..

i use norton on all my systems..and i never had a problem..

7. The_Fiend

The_Fiend Guest

I, in turn, have only had bad experiences with Norton.
    Slowdowns, having 3 minutes extra boot time, bad worm infection with an old worm, etc.

Those 2 are really hit and miss, your system either likes Norton, Or Mcafee *or in some cases, it will hate them both*, there's no chance of both working properly on one system.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 30, 2006
  8. ireland

ireland Active member

i used norton on 98,2000 and xp and my boot times are normal
    using Mcafee the speed of the hd was slow.

i do use a program to check hd speeds..ye should see the diff b-4 a defrag and after.

found one of the old data transfer rate test i did years back

Mcafee
    small files 104x15094
    large files 246x37973

norton
    small files 151x22740
    large files 378x 52456

9. janrocks

janrocks Guest

picofirewall ;)

10. NicHt

NicHt Regular member

My Bitch for today is that.
    No matter How much money I spend, My computer becomes obselete in less then a year. I mean hell! I cannot even play the games I want to play, with my hardware from late 2005. Also, That this week the history Channel is only playing end of the world crap. >_< History Channel.

11. ireland

ireland Active member

here is a transfer rate with norton internet security 2007,as this 2000 system been up and running since 3-19-02..
    2.4gh and 3gig ram...

boot time is about 1.2 min..shut down is seconds..

i just did the below test

c-drive
    small files 133x18740
    large files 363x 54543

edit read one of the numbers wrong..

Last edited: Dec 30, 2006
  12. The_Fiend

The_Fiend Guest

Jan, i meant windows firewalls :p
    And since most distro's have their own firewall...

@ ireland : without drive specs, those tests don't mean that much...
    Could be an older ATA drive test versus SATA II test for all i know... :)

13. janrocks

janrocks Guest

heh heh heh.. I was sorely tempted to play numb and ask "what is a firewall?..why would you need one?" Then I realised..it's only windows boys who really need them after all.. My sieve has less holes than most of them anyway.. The numbers of computers I find on internet connected networks where it has been disabled because it's blocking everything EXCEPT the crap beggars belief..
    I only use that one because it was easier to deal with than messing with iptables... lol

Tonights gripe..a recurring theme with me..

More like.. "duh i a retard" Ban 'em all I say, and do it now!

14. Estuansis

Estuansis Active member

Holy crap. That's stupid.

I used McCrapee at one point and it refused to uninstall and slowed my system down something fierce. It became something of a virus itself. I hated it.

I have been using AVGfree for a while. It's very good for me. Not resource intensive and blocks almost all viruses out there. And Zonealarm Free as a firewall running through my dell as a hardware firewall. One of the best. My connection speed is 1.5Mbits or 187KB/s on average. Nice and zippy.

My bitch, my PSP has everything, but it doesn't have its own shower facility. I Still have to shower at home. Pfff, portable, whatever :)

15. Lp531

Lp531 Regular member

I had the same problem with McC...never used again...I try to stay away from the big 3...figure most viruses are designed to beat them...and I prefer Free over Pay...Not a $ issue...a principal issue...

I've always used Avira with Zone...I switched to Comodo a couple months ago just to try it out...prefered Comodo because of its interface...No problems so far...People I know swear by Norton...I hated its interface...they love it...

What might work naturally for one...drives the next to Insanity...
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 30, 2006
  16. rav009

rav009 Active member

I've been using Comodo firewall for ages, its been great for me :)

The user interface is excellent & its worked great for me and many, many others. Sorry to hear it didn't do it for you, I went from Kerio PF (paid for) to Comodo (free) and have been happier ever since; I'd say its definitely worth a try ;-P

(BTW, I've ran countless tests with it, using almost every firewall test out there, Comodo passed with flying colours)

Last edited: Dec 31, 2006
  17. The_Fiend

The_Fiend Guest

Want to let me try an intrusion test for you Rav? you won't be so happy then...
    *insert evil grin here*
    Seriously, at one point, it had set up all the rules so it wouldn't block ICMP, had to reset because i uninstalled a monitor driver...
    And when i rebooted it had reset it's rules to DEFAULT... WTF!?
    Then it started blocking my Azureus, even with 5 different allowed rulesets.
    Fixed that, then it started blocking images from the web *ZoneAbomination is good at that, too*, and i decided to uninstall the bloody thing.
    After that, i tried it on my test server, ran some intrusion tests, and it blocked some things, but the big baddies whent straight for the jugular on the test comp.
    Hell, it might block IP's after portscans, but it wouldn't even properly block simple exploit attack with Metasploit.
    I wonder what would happen if i use some of my corporate exploit programs...

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 31, 2006
  18. Ripper

Ripper Active member

I am using ZoneAbomination 'Pro', which is OK.

I only use this presently, cos the last one I used, Outpost Firewall, was the biggest pile of cr@p that has ever set foot on my computer. I had lots of problems with it, similar to Dan's. It did the exact same thing with the bloody rulesets; resetting them each time I opened an application the next time... Also, it was meant to be user-wide (eg, apply to all accounts - cos this was the PC downstairs; family one), but that's bull, cos each user had to be configured manually, and then once I found it had reset itself, i ditched it. Lol~

Lalala

19. tocool4u

tocool4u Guest

I use norton :)

I've tried "Black Ice" I think thats what its called. Its really robust but i don't think i needed all of that so i uninstalled it.

20. ireland

ireland Active member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.