1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lets Paint The Kettle Black,Do You Have A Bitch On Whats Going On Around The Site Or Any Thing Negative To Report

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by ireland, Mar 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ripper

Ripper Active member

/me lols @ the hater

Pretty much Ben ;-P

Edit: Having said that ^ I do agree with Ireland, that this is the place to do it, so rly it's saving mod time and effort etc, by keeping it here.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2007
  2. ireland

ireland Active member

I am not back i had to answer Lethal_B post..

who made you chief cook and bottle washer?

this thread is doing exactly what i designed it for.
    to relieve tensions.. and its one of the top posting thread here in the Safety valve with so far a total of 3921 posts..

no wonder why people are leaving..

3. ZippyDSM

ZippyDSM Active member

perhaps they are leavening because they whine to much and hate being ignored? its a thought :3

as for me I am confused that posts can be closed in the safety valve for being off topic and/or silly...when thats what this place is for 0-o
    oh well I am permenetly confused LOL

4. rav009

rav009 Active member

Freeposting? You've been spending too much time on RN... :p

5. wolfmanz

wolfmanz Regular member

I could not agree any more, my title might say newbie but I have been here longer than most of the people posting in this thread. Afterdawn has really gone downhill lately and where are all the senior Mod's?

6. Ripper

Ripper Active member

7. wolfmanz

wolfmanz Regular member

8. Ripper

Ripper Active member

Wow, someone with a sense of humor; and a dry one at that! Gratz.

Take it easy, I was just stating a fact...

9. Lethal_B

Lethal_B Moderator Staff Member

Grow up ireland. I was simply stating that this thread no longer has a topic and people are posting random crap, which is true. And the trend is spreading all over the forums.

You seemed to take it offensively. Why, I don't know, seeing as I didn't mention your name.

When did I say I was "chief cook and bottle washer"? You should have seen enough of my posts in the past to know that moderating and chucking my weight about isn't something I do nor care to do. But sometimes, if I want to say something, I will say it.

Sorry if you took it the wrong way.

10. Lethal_B

Nah my friend. I have scarcely been on the internet in '07. I don't really listen to a lot of rap these days, I'm more into dance / funky house :).

11. wolfmanz

wolfmanz Regular member

That seems to be a common thing here at AD anymore, it's time to get this site back in shape.

12. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

I really hate to see this sort of thing. I always thought this thread was fun though precisely for that reason. Keeping threads focused is one thing but this thread is fun because it needn't be focused...it did start as a bitch thread about the site but turned into a bitch thread in general .... be the bitches real or imagined, its fun. There's nothing wrong with a little play.

13. cleverick

cleverick Member

simple english? whatever dutchy. as for a higher iq, you wish. the only thing high on you is your belt line and socks.

14. Lethal_B

Hi Gerry :)

I didn't say there was anything wrong with a little fun.

But afterdawn today isn't a patch on its former self. I have been pissed off ( along with many other longer-serving members ) for a long while.. and I am entitled to my opinion. People don't have to like it and can choose to ignore me if they want. Many of those same people are ignoring the problem with the forums.

I have seen, for example, seniors & addicts winding up the mods -- who dedicate a large quantity of their spare time to try and make this site better for everyone. Back when I joined, the only ones who gave the mods any aggro were newbies who had come to this site solely to piss people off. The seniors, when I was one, were on the same level as the mods and were respected and trusted by the mods. None of us would dare give them any hassle. Where has the respect for the moderators gone? It doesn't apply to most but too many are taking the mick.

The safety valve is fun, and I am in no position to tell people what they can and cannot do. But I don't see why we can't have organized fun. When people drag threads off topic, safety valve or not, the mods tend to close them. People are entitled to have fun and do whatever in here, but I just can't grasp why it can't over a subject rather than just "chat".. what do you think the shoutboxes are for?

This is the bitch thread, and that's what I am doing. I am back, to post news and guides and enjoy doing my job. But I have fallen out of favour with the forums bigtime. I have tried changing with the forum, but the surroundings are different. Gone are the days when I used to look up to respected members and learn things. Now we have some afterdawn addicts & seniors who wind up the mods, post lots of useless crap and genuinely don't contribute much.

Back in October 2005 I used to spend lots of time helping out, especially in the iPod forums. But then mid-2006 I had (Senior) members posting useless crap and misleading iPod users, then when I tried to amend their faults, they wanted an argument. People never used to do that when I joined..

15. ireland

ireland Active member

members Senior Member and AfterDawn Addict who were made per the Safety valve posts are the one that now are causing the problem..
    also its a mods job to take care of this site..do you see any admin policing the site..

i got e-mail from mods and members who do not want to be here anymore..
    thoses mods not want to give up there Moderator job..because of all the hard work getting there.
    if i were to post what there e-mail said..every-bodys ears would burn..

side note: my take on this...a person is not grown up until as least 30 years old,and seen the world and live through hard facts of life.to make judgments calls on other people..

yes Lethal_B i am grown up twice over..getting close to three..

16. Lethal_B

No I don't. Your point being..?

Same here, that's why I said my piece.

Don't patronise me! you think because I'm young that my judgement couldn't possibly be any better than anybody elses? I am entitled to my opinion. You can knock me all that you want, but at least I make some sense...........................

???

I'm not here to argue. I've had my bitch / said my piece. I will leave you to it and get back to what I enjoy doing the most. Keeping people informed and helping them learn....

17. Lp531

Lp531 Regular member

Wish you were back to stay Ireland...I doubt if anything said today is helping...

I know I have read more posts by you...then by anyone else...never seen a un-just word by you...I know you made this thread fun...I just hope I wasn't one of the one's that drove you away...

18. ireland

ireland Active member

Lethal_B
    there was only one line for you in my post,and the rest of my post was general..
    grow up,and quit acting your age..Lethal_B

19. Lethal_B

Nice try, but I can read you like a book.

By ridiculously stating that you need to be "over 30" to make a decent judgement, you patronised me. You didn't need to directly address me to give a response. Nice try though.

Your age is much greater than mine, sure. But your spelling, grammar & attitude suggest otherwise.

It's clear to see that you haven't left, so maybe you just told people you left for a little attention?

I was considered mature enough to have been hand-picked over 100's for this job, so that's good enough for me.

Your opinion to me means nothing, especially when half the time, it doesn't make sense.

People can say that I have spoiled the mood etc.. well, that's tough. I had an issue, I have made my feelings known, and I have nothing more to say on the matter.

If anyone has any issues with what I have said, they can PM me.

20. ireland

ireland Active member

no more comments from me....i made my point..the topic is closed..
    later..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.