1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lets Paint The Kettle Black,Do You Have A Bitch On Whats Going On Around The Site Or Any Thing Negative To Report

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by ireland, Mar 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lp531

Lp531 Regular member

Ireland..:)
    Lethal B..:(

2. Pop_Smith

Pop_Smith Regular member

Yikes! A fight! :p

Nothing to complain about today, at least for the time being.

My butt hurt real bad yesterday from ice skating (1st time and its not as much like roller blading as I thought it would be.) as I fell like 5 times in the space of an hour.

Oh well, it was fun and nice to do something a little different.

Peace

3. Lethal_B

Lethal_B Moderator Staff Member

Lethal_B... :)

I've no personal issues with ireland or anyone, but maybe if you had been here and seen the deterioration of the forum then maybe you'd see where I'm coming from. The first month I was here was the tail-end of the "good-old" days & that's what I, ireland, and a lot of other old members miss.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2007
  4. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

Pop_Smith, you're supposed to wear a butt cushion when skating!!

5. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

Pop_smith is skinny and can probably use the butt cushion. Since I've quit smoking though, I seem to be adding some extra padding and it ain't foam or feathers.

6. Pop_Smith

Pop_Smith Regular member

Its true.

This, too, is true. I could use a butt cushion and will probably wear one next time I go ;) Also, smoking does cause you to loose weight (although its obviously not a healthy way to loose weight) and, as you are experiencing quitting does cause a small, mostly temporary, weight gain.

EDIT: fixed tags, I used the wrong one instead of "

7. tranquash

tranquash Regular member

this site has always been great for me. ever since i got me a copy of xcopy express, i subscribed to the weekly letter and have found every answer to every problem i've had. i don't post too much (until lately) but the greatness of this site is the willingness of everybody to help anybody. even when a retard is looking for trouble there's always good people trying to warn about the lightning... lol

it's still a great place, only with a much greater public, so i think it's up to each one to keep it the way we want it.

love you all

''' and that's my bitch.

???

8. The_Fiend

The_Fiend Guest

Pssst, i just live in holland, under nationality my passport clearly states UNITED STATES OF AMERICA.
    Care to give that another try?
    And i should tell you i wear braces, not a belt XD

9. blivetNC

blivetNC Regular member

Okay, a staff member and a moderator arguing in an open forum? I have respect for both of you, Ireland and Lethal_B, but this isn't the place for a personal argument, isn't that why they created the PM?
    Safety valve, isn't this a place to let off steam and let fly what flies? Heck, if you don't want to get covered in manure, stay away from the farm animals.
    I agree with Gerry1, let this thread run as it may, just chill on the personal attacks in public.
    thought that posts here don't count towards title?

Let's once and for all get rid of the title monkey and replace it with [bold] member since [/bold] date one joined.
    Let the moderators keep their titles, pick a handfull of seniors who really contribute like Kivory666, Blinkie07, Gwen, Alkohol, Arniebear, The_Fiend, and others who have demonstrated mastery of a particular thread and give them a title of Guru or something. Okay, that was my bitch, now back to the real bitching and rants and ravings.

10. Pop_Smith

Pop_Smith Regular member

@blivetNC, posts made here do not count toward member "level" you are correct.

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/324494

Its been that way sense April of 2006 (according to that post).

I agree with that, many people do and many people don't (this forum is huge after all). Its probably not going to happen though, unfortunately.

Peace

11. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

blivetNC , i think i should be inculded in your list lol ,plus i can think of a dozen others thats why i think just leave it the way it is.

i have a bitch but will not get into it tonight, its work in progress lets say. i go at things in a different angle

12. blivetNC

blivetNC Regular member

@aabbccdd, I agree and apo;ogize for leaving you out as well as a few others I'm sure, but this post got under my skin and I had to bitch about it.

13. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

@aabbccdd

Welcome back.We missed ya!

I agree with BlivetNC, do away with all the titles and "member since date" would be fine. I think any should go in the safety valve threads. I just hate to see two well respected members have a go at it here though.

14. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

A friend just asked me if I wanted to join a gym; lord, nothing like starting the day with a good laugh.

I, for one, really enjoy the saftey valve and that was when I first started getting involved with AD. I got engaged in some silliness with an addict in the receivers forum which we carried over into here as the forums were no place for it. I'm not all that computer savvy but I do have some knowledge to share in home theater, receivers/amplifiers and displays which are my haunts where I help out. I don't think I ever would have become a regular here without the safety valve though; that would amount to all work and no play which goes against the grain ... for me, anyway.

15. ZippyDSM

ZippyDSM Active member

Ya the safety valve is a great place,altho I am unsure of the rules...rambling threads are still evil/bad 0_o

16. rav009

rav009 Active member

I agree, I really hate the "freeposting", people tap reply in threads regardless of whether its on topic or not....its mainly the seniors trying to post pad there way to f**king addict, I've been senior for a while now; I'm at 3159 posts (taken me over a year to get that btw). I don't really care whether it says addict under my nick...I only come here to help out, if I wasn't so busy 24/7 I'd do it a little more.

17. ZippyDSM

ZippyDSM Active member

I like to talk....and I am a wind bag ><

I should always just make a new thread when a thread is going off topic,but half the time they get closed s I am confused as to what to do in order to talk over it and yet not get stuff locked ><

18. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

one of my ideas a long time ago was to limit the number of threads in the SV and a mod had to ok the thread BEFORE it even got to start. theres just to much trash in the SV drugs,booze etc. we don't need that here

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2007
  19. Lethal_B

Lethal_B Moderator Staff Member

Very true.

I apologise to a degree for my behaviour yesterday. But those have been my true feelings for over a year now. I have been calm in any situation up until now. But unfortunately, going into ad_buddies and having a moan doesn't quite cut it for me when nothing changes in here.

20. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

heres a list of a few of the threads i am talking about

1.stoned god damn post by j_bone

2.The Drunk Thread

3.how long does weed stay in your system??? (page

4.I`m a 12year old smoker

5.drunken god damn post by dela

just to name a few we don't need this crap in here!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.