Lets Paint The Kettle Black,Do You Have A Bitch On Whats Going On Around The Site Or Any Thing Negative To Report

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by ireland, Mar 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kitty66

kitty66 Regular member

OK, for the dog torture subhumans (and their parents, mine never taught me to act like that! But my mama didn't raise everybody) May someone introduce you to your KARMA. Which now includes terrorizing and torture.

May someone or something bring it BACK TO YOU swiftly.

My GRIPE-O-RAMA is the SlySoftAnyDVD forum posts. It seems that unless you are a total evangelist and just posting your rave reviews that you are berated as an idiot end user if you have a problem with the SW. Uncool.

Everyone was civil to me but there were some BRUTAL posts on there.

Not at all like AD where I have found people to be mostly respectful even if they are telling you to pull your head out of your...well, you know... Even if you are an unknown noob. Like me.

Mark my words I will get kicked off of there soon for sticking up for the underdogs. Hope you guys will still let me play here.

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

as long as keep to forum rules than there is no problem. if don't than lightning time!!!

3. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

@kitty66, I understand your feeling on the Slysoft site. I use to believe that most problems with Slysoft and Anydvd had to be user problems, not software related. That was until about 5 or 6 updates ago when Anydvd kept telling me I had no dvd drive installed. The Slysoft people on CDFreaks kept suggesting that this problem only happened with HACKED versions of the software. My copy is 100% legal. After a reformat and turning off the Microsoft updates the problematic version just happen to work as it should. The conflict had to be either a problem in that version or a conflict with one of the MS updates. I never had time to trace the exact cause of the NO DRIVE FOUND problem but it seems to have been corrected in the newer versions. No one wanted to acknowledge there was a conflict somewhere. They kept going back to the HACKED version as the cause of the trouble.

Good members are always welcome here so stick around and enjoy the site.

Jerry

4. Lp531

Lp531 Regular member

@kitty66
    AnyDVD seems to have some rather fanatical fans...I have been in 2 flaming arguments on Afterdawn site...both were about AnyDVD...I never said it was a bad program...I definetlly suggested using it...however the fanboys came out attacking me calling me a noob...They said it had to be a user problem...It ended up being AnyDVD...If I was to buy any decryption program it would be AnyDVD hands down...however I prefer the FREE route on decrypters...I use DVDFab and it has never let me down...Eventually other members came to my defense...probably the only reason I stayed here...Anyone that says any program is perfect...just does not know what they are talking about...

I've read your posts...you are definetly not a noob or a newbie when it comes to tech products...I'm like you...whenever I see someone being attacked unjustlly...I have to say something...It's just in my DNA...I would not worry about it...The Mods here are fair...never seen someone get banned unless they asked for it...

As for the Dog Boys...Capital Punishement sounds like a good idea to me...at 17 & 19 neither of these boys are ever going to change...It is only a matter of time before they actually carry out their threats...and kill human beings...Off them...society will be none the poorer without them...

5. Pop_Smith

Pop_Smith Regular member

I had a bitch today but my friend and parents solved it. I went to pickup my sister from school and my battery in my truck died. Not sure why, although I might have accidentally left my lights on. My mom came to the rescue and my friend Anthony and my dad guided me though the process of jumping my truck without blowing up the battery. :p

Its been a long time since I jumped a battery, last time I did it was in shop class three years ago. May not seem like a long time but, when the chance of a battery exploding leaked into my mind I wasn't so sure I remembered how to correctly jumper my truck.

But, as I said, no complaint today as I successfully got the battery jumped and my truck is running ok now. :)

Peace

6. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

@Pop_Smith

I thought it was just positive to positive, negative to negative and start the car? I've done it many times without incident. How does one blow up a car battery? When I was a kid, not all car batteries were 12v and I think you could do some damage connecting incompatible batteries but I didn't know you could blow up a battery now. BTW, how did you do on your interview at the bank?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2007
  7. Pop_Smith

Pop_Smith Regular member

My dad told me to connect the negative first, but maybe it doesn't matter? :p He said a battery "could" explode but, probably would not. Not sure how it would explode but, who knows right?

My interview went ok at best (I think).

The guy asked me some questions like "What is the most important thing you do at your current job?" (I currently work in a concession stand and don't handle money or anything so I thought "Helping customers" was a good answer. The guy who was interviewing me, Dave, asked me the question again after I told him "Helping the customers and making sure they get what they need." So, I said that again but his tone of voice made me think he didn't like my answer.

He also asked me another question I was unsure about. He asked "What do you see yourself doing in five years"?

"Well" I responded "I am hoping to get my Real Estate license and do that part-time in about five or so years".

My dad didn't think thats what I should have said and he thought that it would probably go against me. However, I actually kind of made that up on the spot (at the interview) as I am pretty close to getting my license, one more test to pass and I have it. I have not really thought too hard into what I am going to be doing five years down the road so I couldn't give him a "I dunno" answer.

However, Dave said I would be called in for another interview with a different person and they would compare notes. From there they would decide if I was a good person to hire. So that lead me to think that I did ok.

8. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

@Pop_Smith ... well, your dad could well be right; I don't know squat about cars. I'm probably lucky I've never blown myself up LOL!

I hope you get the job; it sounds decent. Those are the standard interview questions. I'm sure if you googled something like "common job interview questions" or something like that, you can find out how to best respond to them. Anyway, I hope you get the job; I'll keep my fingers crossed for ya!

9. Pop_Smith

Pop_Smith Regular member

Thanks gerry1 :) I will keep the forum updated on my job status if/when changes occur.

I did google what you said and sure enough, almost all questions I was asked were in the first link lol. :)

10. ddp

if did positive post 1st instead of negative post, if touching metal part of negative lead & touched the car, you might have had a shocker or worse.

11. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

Here's how to do the battery. You take the negative wire off first so that if you touch the frame of car with wrench nothing happens (ground to ground) Now you take the postive wire off and if you touch the frame there is no short because the ground terminal of the battery is not connected to the frame. To replace same order in reverse. Connect positive first and negative last. The only little spark will come when the negative makes first contact and the clock or hood lamp turn on.

14.3. MYTH: A battery will explode.

True! Charging a wet lead-acid battery naturally produces hydrogen and oxygen gasses as electrolysis of the water occurs and needs to occur in well ventilated areas. While spark retarding vent caps help prevent external battery explosions, sparks occur when jumping, connecting or disconnecting charger or battery cables and ignite the gas causing an explosion. From the U.S. Department of Energy, DOE-HDBK-1084-95, "Precautions must be routinely practiced to prevent explosions from ignition of the flammable gas mixture of hydrogen and oxygen formed during overcharge of lead-acid cells. The maximum rate of formation is 0.42 L of hydrogen and 0.21 L of oxygen per ampere-hour overcharge at standard temperature and pressure. The gas mixture is explosive when hydrogen in air exceeds 4% by volume." Less common internal explosions usually occur while starting the engine or using the battery and normally just blow the filler caps or cover off the battery and splatter electrolyte all over the engine compartment or battery box.

Now anyone can change a battery--bring lotion for many banged up knuckles!

12. ChrisC586

ChrisC586 Regular member

The acid in the eyes from an exploding battery feels like someone dumped a bucket of sand into them for a couple of days.I used to replace cells in industrial batteries and got careless one day and the battery was gassing. When i put the torch to the compound to melt it to pull the bad cell it blew me across the room. As garmoon said when changing a battery or disconnecting a battery ground always comes off first. If your going to jump a battery blow across the tops of the batterys first in case their gassing to get the gases off the top in case of a spark. Chris

13. xboxdvl2

xboxdvl2 Regular member

ive jump started cars and its negative to negative and positive to positive but ive never tried a truck battery it might be different.

14. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

Actually in using jumper cables you don't use the negative terminal of the battery at all. First you put the clip on the postive battery terminal and clip the negative(ground) to a metal part under the hood away from the battery, so when it sparks the spark is not near the battery. Thus no explosion.

15. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

Damn, you're right garmoon. I don't believe I forgot that!

16. Polyarny

Polyarny Regular member

and dont forget a battery can become a welding machine too. if you leave positive on negative and negative on positive. not very good when your trying to jump the car, but fun when your just screwing around on day when your bored.

17. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

Hmmm...sounds dangerous.

18. little155

little155 Regular member

gerry, aircraft batteries and brass buckles on uniforms don't mix either. Belly can get quite warm and it destroys a brass buckle. Not going to tell you who done that. Hehehe

19. ddp

you??

20. Ripper

Ripper Active member

ddp, I'd never of thought you as one to point the finger! :O

;-)

Just out of interest, why would your buckle be any where near the battery?! Lol.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.