1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lets Paint The Kettle Black,Do You Have A Bitch On Whats Going On Around The Site Or Any Thing Negative To Report

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by ireland, Mar 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

LMFAO Ireland, keep em coming!

2. little155

little155 Regular member

Ireland, you're the best.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2007
  3. ireland

ireland Active member

i have not posted this in a while

At FlamingText you can create cool, custom images for FREE, to use on your website, or in your e-mail.
    http://www.flamingtext.com/

enjoy

4. ireland

ireland Active member

gerry1,jokes ye like

A Jewish Custom

A nice Jewish girl brings home her fiancé to meet her parents.

After dinner, her mother tells her father to find out about the young man. Father invites the fiancé to his study for schnapps. "So, what are your plans?" the father asks the fiancé.

"I am a Torah scholar," he replies.

"A Torah scholar," the father says. "Admirable, but what will you do to provide a nice house for my daughter to live in, as she's accustomed to?"

"I will study," the young man replies, "...and God will provide for us."

"And how will you buy her a beautiful engagement ring, such as she deserves?" asks the father.

"I will concentrate on my studies," the young man replies, "God will provide for us."

"And children?" asks the father. "How will you support children?" "Don't worry, sir, God will provide," replies the fiancé.

The conversation proceeds like this, and each time the father questions, the fiancé insists that God will provide.

Later, the mother asks, "So, nu? How did it go?"

The father answers, "He has no job and no plans, but the good news is he thinks I'm God."

American In Mexico
    November 22, 2001

There was this American tourist in Mexico, and he was getting tired of walking around, so he went up to a donkey rental place and said, ''Can I rent a donkey?'

The guy said, "We don't call them donkeys here, we call them asses. This is the only a@@ I have left, and you have to scratch him when you want to make him stop."

The guy rides his a@@ for a while, sees a hotdog stand, and asks for a hotdog. The vendor replies, "We don't call them hotdogs here we call the wieners."

Meanwhile his donkey is wandering away, so he goes up to another tourist and says "Will you hold my wiener while I scratch my a@@?"

5. ireland

ireland Active member

HAY DDP TEACH AND LEARN

Are You A Real Teacher?
    May 1, 2003

If you agree with at least ten of the following, you are a

real teacher. You believe the staff room should be equipped with a Valium salt lick. You find humor in other people's stupidity.

You want to slap the next person who says, "Must be nice to work 8 to 3 and have summers free". You believe chocolate is a food group. You can tell it's a full moon without ever looking outside. You believe "shallow gene pool" should have its own box on the report card.

You believe that unspeakable evil will befall you if anyone says, "Boy, the kids are sure mellow today." When out in public, you feel the urge to snap your fingers at a child.

You have no time for a life from August through June. Putting all "A's" on a report card would make your life SO much easier. When you mention vegetables, you are not talking about food.

You think people should be required to get a government permit before being allowed to reproduce. You believe in the aerial spraying of Prozac.

You encourage a parent to check into home schooling. You believe no one should be permitted to reproduce without having taught in a middle school for a least five years.

You can't have children because there isn't any name you can hear that wouldn't elevate your blood pressure.

You can "sense" gum. You think caffeine should be available to staff in IV form. Meeting a child's parents instantly answers the question, "Why is this

kid like that?". Your personal life comes to a screeching halt at report card time.

Who Is Stupid?
    May 1, 2006

A new teacher was trying to make use of her psychology courses. She started her class by saying, "Everyone who thinks you're stupid, stand up!"

After a few seconds, Little Johnny stood up. The teacher said, "Do you think you're stupid, Little Johnny?" "No, ma'am, but I hate to see you standing there all by yourself!"

Johan in Hell

A little girl was talking to her teacher about whales. "Whales can't swallow people," the teacher said. "Even though they are large mammals, their throats are very small."

"But Jonah was swallowed by a whale," the little girl replied.

"That just can't be," the teacher said. "It's physically impossible."

"When I get to heaven I will ask Jonah," said the little girl.

The teacher looked down at her, smiled and asked, "What if Jonah went to hell?"

The little girl replied, "Then you'll ask him."

6. ireland

ireland Active member

MY BITCH FOR TODAY

Dog beaten to death

31/01/2007
    22:09:42

Thugs hacked off a pet dog’s leg and cut its throat after beating it to death during a brutal onslaught, it emerged tonight.

The three-year-old boxer’s mutilated corpse was discovered in a field close to Carnlough, Co Antrim, on Monday night.

The USPCA animal welfare group warned that the heartless killers might strike again.

“There’s a lot of pet owners in that village who will be very worried about their own animals and we can’t give them any reassurance so people would need to come forward and start talking to us about who did this,” a spokesman said.

A post mortem found that the animal had been bludgeoned to death then had its front leg cut off while large areas of flesh were missing from around the throat.

The representative said the USPCA could think of no reason for the attack.

7. ireland

ireland Active member

ANOTHER BITCH FOR TODAY

Son identified father's body by his moustache

31/01/2007
    14:09:51

A man strangled and beaten to death in his home was so badly disfigured that his son could only identify him by his moustache, an inquest heard today.

Blood was sprayed throughout the Ross Cottages home in West Belfast after Michael Peter McParland, 44, was discovered lifeless and on fire in December 1999.

Mr McParland, a divorced father-of-three, was preparing to buy Christmas presents for his grandson when he was killed and dumped naked in his bedroom.

His son Gerard told the Belfast inquest: “The only way I recognised my father was by his moustache.”

Gerard Heaney dragged his body from the burning house. Mr McParland had blackened arms and fingers, one of his feet burned and blood discharged from his nose and ear.

Police have arrested five people and discovered a one-and-a-half-inch knife in a nearby property, but despite extensive forensic testing of blood and fingerprint samples there has been no prosecution.

His grieving son told the hearing that he had given up hope in the investigation which remains active, but afterwards made an emotional appeal for anybody with information to come forward.

“I would like people to come forward because I have been grieving for so long.

“He was brilliant, he was a dad, he had three sons and lost a son, David, through a car crash and lost his wife Elizabeth.”

The tragedy-stricken family has also suffered the loss of Michael McParland’s brother, murdered by the UVF in 1980.
    http://www.irishnews.com/index.html

8. Pop_Smith

Pop_Smith Regular member

Wow, I can't believe that people do such horrible things to animals.

I learned in Psychology that its common for people who abuse, kill and mutilate animals to turn into serial killers. Its, as far as I remember, been proven that many serial killers start out by serial killing animals then they move onto humans.

Thats one of the reasons law enforcement take the mutilating of an animals corpse so serious.

9. ireland

ireland Active member

THERES HOPE FOR YE GUYS THAT LOVE BREASTS,MEANING YE CAN HAVE THEM HANGING AROUND FOR A QUICK FEEL ON YE OWN BODY...AND GIRLS THAT WANT THE BIG ONES

Natural oils gave young boys breasts

* 22:00 31 January 2007
    * NewScientist.com news service
    * Andy Coghlan

Three young boys grew breast tissue after exposure to lotions and shampoos containing lavender or tea tree oil, researchers say.

It is not uncommon for boys to develop breast tissue during puberty or just after, but the boys affected by the plant oils were aged four, seven and 10.

The natural oils may be “gender-bending” chemicals mimicking effects of the female hormone, oestrogen, the findings suggest. The boys were otherwise normal, and lost the breast tissue within months of discontinuing use of the products.

Researchers who identified the oils as the cause of the abnormalities in the three pre-pubertal boys have warned parents and doctors to beware of the effects of any toiletry products containing the oils.

“If consumers are concerned about exposure to lavender or tea tree oil, they should talk to their physicians,” says Derek Henley of the US National Institute of Health Sciences labs in Research Triangle Park, North Carolina, US. “Now that physicians are aware of the problem, they can document cases,” adds Henley, whose team identified the oils as the probable cause in three affected boys.
    Oestrogen mimics

In follow-up lab tests on breast cells, they confirmed that the oils act both as oestrogen mimics, and as suppressors of masculinising hormone signals. “These are definitely the first substances to show a combination of oestrogen mimicry and anti-androgenic activity,” says Henley.

“This report raises an issue of concern, since lavender oil and tea tree oil are sold over-the-counter in their ‘pure’ form and are present in an increasing number of commercial products, including shampoos, hair gels, soaps and body lotions,” the researchers warn.

Henley says that there are “multitudes” of products on offer containing the oils. But despite finding the connection, he says that the scale of effects remain completely unknown.

“It’s not fair to speculate on what the effects might be in girls, older women or older men,” he says.

Because the boys were each exposed to the oils regularly for weeks, the researchers speculate that there might be a threshold “dose” for the effects to kick in. This, in turn, could depend on the concentration of the oil in the product, the duration of use, the frequency of use and genetic factors which make certain people, but not others, vulnerable to the effects.

Journal reference: New England Journal of Medicine (vol 365, p 479)
    Printable versionEmail to a friendRSS FeedSyndicate

10. Pop_Smith

Pop_Smith Regular member

Interesting article there Ireland. Thats crazy that an oil could case (or increase in the females case) breast tissue to grow. Scientific discoveries are always interesting and worth my time to read, I believe that the more you learn, the better off you are or will become in life.
    Maybe not in a financial sense but I strongly believe that knowledge is power.

11. ireland

ireland Active member

Pop_Smith
    I CAN POST SCIENCE AND HEALTH REPORTS,BUT I DO NOT THINK SOME WOULD READ THEM..I HAVE CLOSE TO 5000 ARTICLE IN MY LIBRARY

LIKE THIS

Climate change means hunger and thirst for billions: report

Jan 30 3:15 AM US/Eastern

Billions of people will suffer water shortages and the number of hungry will grow by hundreds of millions by 2080 as global temperatures rise, scientists warn in a new report.

The report estimates that between 1.1 billion and 3.2 billion people will be suffering from water scarcity problems by 2080 and between 200 million and 600 million more people will be going hungry.

The assessment is contained in a draft of a major international report by the UN Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) to be released later this year, Australia's The Age newspaper said.

Rising sea levels could flood seven million more homes, while Australia's famed Great Barrier Reef, treasured as the world's largest living organism, could be dead within decades, the scientists warn, the newspaper said.

The Age said it had obtained a copy of the report, believed to be one of three prepared for release by the IPCC, which is highly regarded for its neutrality and caution.

Some 500 experts are meeting in Paris this week ahead of the release on Friday of the IPCC's first report since 2001 on the state of scientific knowledge on global warming.

The report will be followed in April by volumes focusing on the impacts of climate change and on the social-economic costs of reducing the emission of greenhouse gases blamed for global warming.

A chapter on Australia in the report on global impacts warns that coral bleaching in the Barrier Reef is likely to become an annual occurrence by as early as 2030 due to warmer, more acidic seas.

Bleaching occurs when the plant-like organisms that make up coral die and leave behind the white limestone skeleton of the reef.

The World Heritage site, stretching over more than 345,000 square kilometers (133,000 sq miles) off Australia's northeast coast, will become "functionally extinct", the scientists are quoted as saying.

Average global temperatures have already risen about 0.7 to 0.8 degrees since 1900, which the report says contributed to increased bleaching in coral reefs in the Caribbean and the Indian Ocean.

At 2.0 to 3.0 degrees above 1900 levels, the report predicts the "complete loss" of Australia's alpine zones and the possible collapse of South America's Amazon forest system, causing a "huge loss of biodiversity".

The human and economic costs of climate change are likely to be highest in poor countries, with water shortages crippling many African nations and increased coastal flooding hitting low-lying countries such as Bangladesh and many Pacific islands, the report says.

12. Pop_Smith

Pop_Smith Regular member

That would be one of the worst things to lose, the Great Barrier Reef, its such a diverse ecosystem and I hope to dive it someday.

It would also be hard to hear billions of people going without water. These days it seems you hear about people going hungry but people going without water is not something you hear very often.

10 Years Left to Save Planet Scientist Warns

2nd January 2007
    In 10 years time it will be too late to reverse the effects of global warming, a climate change expert warned yesterday.

Scientist Jim Hansen - one of the first to start alarm bells ringing in 1988 - said that unless cuts in pollution started happening within the next decade we would reach the “tipping point” where the damage could not be undone.

He added: “Half the people in the world live within 15 miles of a coastline. A large fraction of the major cities are on coastlines.

“Once you get the process started and well on the way, it’s impossible to prevent it.

“That’s why we need to address the issue before it gets out of control. We just cannot burn all the fossil fuels in the ground.

“If we do, we will end up with a planet with no ice in the Arctic and where warming is so large that it’s going to have a large effect in terms of sea level rises and the extinction of species.”

“But if we want to get on a scenario that keeps global temperature in the range that it has been in for the last million years, we would need to decrease the emissions by something of the order of 25 per cent.”

Britain’s chief scientist, Sir David King, said: “We need to remember: Action is affordable, inaction is not. Only heads of state working together can provide the new level of global leadership we need.”

Mirror.co.uk

13. ireland

ireland Active member

Brain Region That Fuels Addiction Found
    By Amanda Gardner
    HealthDay Reporter
    HealthDay Reporter
    posted: 25 January 2007
    11:52 pm ET

(HealthDay News) -- A small area of the brain nestled inside the cerebral cortex might explain why smoking is such a hard habit to break.

A new study of 69 smokers with brain injuries showed that those who had damage to the insula often quit smoking suddenly and effortlessly, suggesting that this particular area could be a target for future therapies to help smokers quit.

"This is the first study to show in humans that there's a brain area that's somehow necessary to promote addiction to any drug, and smoking in particular," said study author Dr. Nasir Naqvi, a doctoral student in the medical scientists' training program at the University of Iowa Carver College of Medicine. The report is published in the Jan. 26 issue of Science.

"This is a seminal paper," said Deborah Mash, a professor of neurology at the University of Miami Miller School of Medicine. "However, the fundamental question is whether the effect is specific to nicotine, because it may be that the insula is the seat of the soul for the compulsive taking of all abused substances."

The study was prompted by the experience of one patient, a two-pack-a-day smoker who quit immediately after his insula was damaged by a stroke. His body "forgot the urge to smoke," he told researchers.

The insula's function seems to be to take information from other parts of the body and translate that into feelings such as fear, disgust, anger and sadness, along with desires and cravings.

Although some imaging studies have shown that this region of the brain is activated by drug-related cues, "the insula has never really been examined closely for its role in addiction," Naqvi said.

Naqvi and his colleagues found 69 additional patients with brain damage, all of whom had been smokers before the damage occurred. Nineteen of the participants had brain damage involving the insula, 13 of these had quit smoking, and 12 of them had done so quickly and easily.

While some of the other patients also quit smoking, those with damage to the insula were more likely to have quit immediately and without anguish.

The results led the study authors to conclude that damage to this region of the brain reduced the urge to smoke, rather than reducing the "reward" associated with smoking. That's not to say that the reward system isn't important to smoking addiction, just that this latest finding might complete the picture, they added.

"A lot of pleasure that comes out of smoking is what it does to the body, rather than nicotine reaching the brain. Each puff stimulates sensations in the throat, the lungs, the chest, and these are important for why smoking is pleasurable," Naqvi explained. "We think that when people are craving cigarettes, they are remembering that type of pleasure, and this area of the brain, which is known to sense what is going on in the body, may play a role in remembering that type of pleasure."

So far, the thought is just a theory, but the finding may help smokers quit using, for example, sensory replacements for smoking such as cigarettes without nicotine.

And, depending on what other research turns up, focusing on the insula may help people give up other addictive behaviors as well, the researchers added.

"This is a seminal paper," said Deborah Mash, professor of neurology at the University of Miami Miller School of Medicine. "However, the fundamental question is whether the effect is specific to nicotine, because it may be that the insula is the seat of the soul for the compulsive taking of all abused substances.

14. Estuansis

Estuansis Active member

POST MORE!!!! GOOD STUFF!!!

*excited*

15. ireland

ireland Active member

16. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

@Ireland

Breasts in men has a name: gynecomastia.

What causes gynecomastia?
    Gynecomastia is usually caused by changes in hormones at puberty or as part of aging. Gynecomastia may be caused by changes in the balance of 2 hormones: estrogen and testosterone. In rare cases, gynecomastia may be caused by prescription drugs, over-the-counter medicines, illegal drugs, tumors or disease.

17. ireland

ireland Active member

garmoon
    Thats what it says,

link to story
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/166/322699#2781303

Causes

Physiologic gynecomastia occurs in neonates, at puberty and with aging.

Potential pathologic causes of gynecomastia are: medications including hormones, increased serum estrogen, decreased testosterone production, androgen receptor defects, chronic kidney disease, chronic liver disease, HIV[3], and other chronic illness. Gynecomastia as a result of spinal cord injury and refeeding after starvation has been reported.[4] In 25% of cases, the cause of the gynecomastia is not known.

Medications cause 10-20% of cases of gynecomastia in post-adolescent adults. These include cimetidine, omeprazole, spironolactone, Imatinib Mesylate, finasteride and certain antipsychotics. Some act directly on the breast tissue, while others lead to increased secretion of prolactin from the pituitary by blocking the actions of dopamine (prolactin-inhibiting factor/PIF) on the lactotrope cell groups in the anterior pituitary. Androstenedione, used as a performance enhancing food supplement, can lead to breast enlargement by excess estrogen activity. Medications used in the treatment of prostate cancer, such as antiandrogens and GnRH analogs can also cause gynecomastia. Marijuana use is also thought by some to be a possible cause.

Increased estrogen levels can also occur in certain testicular tumors, and in hyperthyroidism. Certain adrenal tumors cause elevated levels of androstenedione which is converted by the enzyme aromatase into estrone, a form of estrogen. Other tumors that secrete hCG can increase estrogen. A decrease in estrogen clearance can occur in liver disease, and this may be the mechanism of gynecomastia in liver cirrhosis. Obesity tends to increase estrogen levels. [5] [6]

Decreased testosterone production can occur in congenital or acquired testicular failure, for example in genetic disorders such as Klinefelter Syndrome. Diseases of the hypothalamus or pituitary can also lead to low testosterone. Abuse of anabolic steroids has a similar effect.

Although stopping these medications can lead to regression of the gynecomastia, surgery is sometimes necessary to eliminate the condition.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gynecomastia

Lavender oil has recently been implicated in gynecomastia, the abnormal development of breasts in young boys. Denver endocrinologist Clifford Bloch discovered the link after several boys presented with enlarged breasts. Subsequently, Derek Henley and Kenneth Korach of the National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences in Research Triangle Park, N.C., discovered in lavender and Tea Tree Oil (Melaleuca Oil) the presence of compounds which both suppress male hormones and mimic female hormones.

Because sex hormone levels are normally low prior to puberty, young boys and girls are particularly sensitive to estrogenic and androgenic compounds. The discovery of the gynecomastia link in boys has led some researchers to suspect lavender and tea tree oils, which are present in various personal care products including shampoos and lotions, may also contribute to the increased incidence of early breast development in girls.

Discontinuation of use of these products resulted in rapid reversal of gynecomastia in Bloch’s young patients.[2]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lavender_oil

18. ireland

ireland Active member

MY BITCH TODAY
    [​IMG]
    Russian shock at 'gagged' babies

Russian prosecutors are investigating allegations that hospital staff in Yekaterinburg gagged babies because they did not want to hear them crying.

The patient at the hospital in the southern Urals who reported the case heard the children's muffled cries.

She used her mobile phone to film a baby lying in a cot with his mouth taped, while others had dummies taped to their mouths. They are all orphans.

The case, covered widely by Russian media, has caused deep shock.

Russians are used to scandals in the hospital, but this case has touched a raw nerve, says the BBC's Richard Galpin in Moscow.

Criminal probe

The patient who reported the incident, Elena Kuritsyna, had been in the hospital with her own children.

She said she heard the suppressed crying of young children in the next ward.

"I heard that a baby was mumbling in a neighbouring room; when I looked in, I saw the baby with plaster over his mouth; he could not cry or do anything, was just mumbling," she told Reuters television.

She approached the nurse in the ward and was initially told to mind her own business. Children were crying too loudly, and distracting nurses from their work, she was told.

She eventually persuaded the nurse to remove the plaster, but she says that afterwards the nurse did it again.

The nurse has been suspended and on Wednesday the head doctor at the hospital was reprimanded.

Map showing Yekaterinburg

Prosecutors have opened a criminal investigation, and say they have discovered that sticking plaster was used more than once.

"Children in the first year of life were systematically gagged with sticking plaster to make children behave quietly," the prosecutors' press service said.

It is alleged the babies were silenced because there were too few staff to deal with them.
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/6319439.stm

19. ireland

ireland Active member

SECOND BITCH,WHAT RIGHT'S DO YE HAVE LEFT IN ENGLAND?

Use a mobile... and lose your vehicle

Controversial powers for police to confiscate vehicles if their driver is using a mobile or not wearing a seatbelt are to be used across London.

Police chiefs say an eight-month trial of Operation Reclaim - nicknamed "stop and seize" - has led to a 29 per cent drop in serious crimes such as robbery and burglary in west London.

A total of 1,800 cars, vans and motorcycles were impounded during the trial in Hounslow, using powers introduced last year under the Road Traffic Act that allow police to pull over vehicles that have aroused their suspicion.

Most drivers lost their vehicles after they were stopped for relatively minor traffic offences.

Others were pulled over because officers suspected they were carrying drugs or were on their way to commit a crime. Many were also found to be driving without a licence, insurance or an MOT.

Specialist number plate-reading cameras were deployed to pinpoint wanted vehicles and known offenders.

Sgt Stuart Buchan of Heston police, who led the operation, claimed it had a major knock-on effect on more serious offences. He said: "Motorists were not stopped randomly, officers targeted known criminals. If you're going to be breaking into a house to steal a plasma-screen TV or a computer then you are probably going to be driving.

"If you are going to be committing burglary or robbery then you are probably not too worried about having a driving licence or MOT.

"By stopping and seizing vehicles from drug dealers and burglars you are going make it difficult for them to commit crimes."

However, civil rights groups expressed concern at Operation Reclaim, warning that it could lead to certain groups being picked on by police.

Gareth Crossman, policy director of Liberty, said: "Unfortunately, broad new police powers to stop and search cars 'at random' too often results in racial and ethnic minorities being unfairly targeted.

"As this scheme is rolled out across London we urge officers to remember that a person's race alone can never be the basis for suspicion."

Police were unable to provide information on how many criminal convictions resulted from the trial, or figures showing the ethnic breakdown of those stopped.
    http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/...+a+mobile...+and+lose+your+vehicle/article.do

Last edited: Feb 1, 2007
  20. ireland

ireland Active member

now this guy has a bitch

Can You Be Sued for Quitting?

Posted by Cliff on Friday February 02, @05:45AM
    from the you-can-be-sued-for-anything dept.
    The Courts
    An anonymous reader asks: "I work at a large hosting company in Texas, and recently decided to go work for a smaller competitor. I had a great relationship with my employer and wanted to leave on good terms, and I hadn't signed any non-compete or employment agreements . I felt my old company had just gotten too large and I didn't like working there anymore, so I gave them two weeks notice in writing. They were really upset when I insisted on leaving and one week into my last two weeks the V.P. of Sales told me the company was suing me for leaving, and they were also suing my new employer for hiring me. I was shocked, and they then escorted me out of the building. Has anybody ever heard of this happening? Do they have any legal basis for suing me?" It shouldn't have to be said that seeking professional legal representation, in such a situation, is the first thing one should do.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.