1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lets Paint The Kettle Black,Do You Have A Bitch On Whats Going On Around The Site Or Any Thing Negative To Report

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by ireland, Mar 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

@ddp

Uh, that would be you old mighty Thor.

2. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

@kitty66
    no i wasnt talking about your post there. you were 100% correct on that. some people need to know how to ask a question. thats why i replied the way i did...lol i think he got the point of how to ask just by changeing his thread title and question

@BlivetNC.
    heck i think tha happens everywhere with the turkey's lol i know it has here. you shouldhave seen pete rose way(yea your favorite street next to the stadium) some tailgateing going on and them deep fried turkeys went up in flames..lol

Last edited: Feb 7, 2007
  3. ireland

ireland Active member

Study says video games are good for eyes

February 7, 2007 12:30:20 AM PST

Video game addicts, rejoice: U.S. researchers have found that playing is actually good for your eyes, and despite all those dire warnings from your parents, it won't make you blind.

A study by the University of Rochester showed that people who played action video games for a few hours a day over the course of a month improved their vision by about 20 percent.

"Action video game play changes the way our brains process visual information," Daphne Bavelier, professor of brain and cognitive sciences, said in the study published on the university's Web site, www.rochester.edu, on Tuesday.

"These games push the human visual system to the limits and the brain adapts to it. That learning carries over into other activities and possibly everyday life."

Bavelier and a graduate student tested college students who had played very few, if any, video games in the last year.

Test subjects were given an eye test similar to the one used at regular eye clinics and then divided into two groups -- one played shoot-em-up action games for an hour a day while the control group played a less visually complex game.

Their vision was tested after the study, with those who played the action game scoring better in the eye test.

The researchers said their findings could help patients with several types of visual defects.

4. ireland

ireland Active member

Prior to the official launch of AnyDVD HD we are seeking technical experienced users who want to be beta testers...

To be eligible for the beta testing, you must have:

* experiences with AnyDVD and DVD copying
    * a good reputation in forums like CDFreaks, Afterdawn or SlySoft
    * appropriate HD-DVD drive(s)

If you'd like to be a beta tester, please send a pm to 'admin' in SlySoft forum with links to some of your postings in mentioned forums.

PLEASE DON'T WASTE YOUR AND OUR TIME. APPLY ONLY IF YOU HAVE THE MENTIONED EXPERIENCES AND REPUTATION!

Thanks,

go to this link
    http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?s=c5a65145e5fe4eb88ce205cbe1970877&t=209186

or here
    http://forum.slysoft.com/

5. ireland

ireland Active member

HOT NEWS
    Victory for RIAA victim,[​IMG]

p2pnet.net News:- Oklahoma mother Debbie Foster has proved once again that when the RIAA comes knocking, it pays to slam the door.

She didn't cave in when Warner Music, EMI, Vivendi Universal and Sony BMG, the members of the Big 4 Organized Music cartel, set their RIAA on her and now the cartel's US enforcement unit has been ordered to pay Foster's attorney's fees, a first for Big 4 victims.

The RIAA (Recording Industry Association of America), "acted in bad faith in bringing the lawsuit against Debbie Foster," said her lawyer, Marilyn D. Barringer-Thomson, last year, going on:

First, prior to commencement of this action, plaintiffs knew that Debbie Foster did not engage in any infringing conduct and plaintiffs could not have been motivated to file this action to obtain an injunction against Debbie Foster.

Second, Debbie Foster informed plaintiffs very early on that she had no knowledge of any infringement and requested specific details of the alleged infringement ... plaintiffs refused to dismiss her with prejudice insisting instead that they were entitled to recover sums from her. Plaintiffs were not motivated to file and maintain this lawsuit to recover any profits or any fair and reasonable multiple thereof.

Finally, the true motivation for the filing of the instant suit can be gleaned from the evidence in the District Court file. Thus rather than pursuing resolution of a fairly minor dispute in good faith, the record suggests that plaintiffs and their counsel filed and maintained this suit in an attempt to extract a significant payment from perceived 'deep pocket' defendant Debbie Foster (and in an attempt to garner publicity for plaintiffs and their lawyers).

Barringer-Thomson demanded the case against her client be dismissed, the RIAA abandoned its attempt to railroad her and because Foster was judged to be the "prevailing party" under the Copyright Act, she was also eligible for certain costs.

"The exact amount of the 'reasonable' fees to be awarded has not yet been determined," says Ray Beckerman on Recording Industry vs The People, going on that .

Foster had asked for about $55,000 in her motion.

"The judge also held that (a) the RIAA will be permitted to engage in discovery on the attorneys fee issue, and (b) Ms. Foster can supplement her application (i.e. seek fees for the later work, including, presumably, time spent in discovery on the 'reasonableness' issue)," says Beckerman.

Judge Lee R. West ruled the RIAA had asserted an untested and marginal theory that veered toward "frivolous and unreasonable" by suing Foster for contributory and vicarious copyright infringement when the only evidence against her was her name on the household Internet account, says the EFF's Jason Schultz in Deep Links.

With Public Citizen, the ACLU, and the American Association of Law Libraries, the EFF (Electronic Frontier Foundation) filed an amicus brief supporting Foster's motion for fees.

"Much like the judge in Elektra v. Santangelo, West expressed skepticism that 'an Internet-illiterate parent, who does not know Kazaa from a kazoo' could be held liable for children in her home downloading music illegally unless the parent had knowledge of the conduct or had giver her permission to do so," says Schultz.

"West also hinted that the RIAA might have pursued the secondary liability claims 'to press Ms. Foster into settlement after they ceased to believe she was a direct or "primary" infringer. Finding that in the face of these claims, 'her only alternative to litigating ... was to capitulate to a settlement for a violation she insists she did not commit' and that 'uch capitulation would not advance the aims of the Copyright Act,' the Court awarded Ms. Foster her attorneys fees and costs."

. Slashdot Slashdot it!

Also See:
    acted in bad faith - RIAA owes Oklahoma mum, August 9, 2006
    Recording Industry vs The People - Judge Grants Debbie Foster's Attorneys Fees Motion in Capitol v. Foster, February 6, 2007
    Deep Links - Big Win for Innocent RIAA Defendant, February 6, 2007
    http://p2pnet.net/story/11246?PHPSESSID=7d0be0d793fa6273fdfca752445ac4bd

6. ireland

ireland Active member

MY BITCH TODAY

RIAA says you're lucky CD's are so cheap!
    So our good old friends at the RIAA are spreading some more FUD that we as consumers are lucky that CD's are so cheap now. Apparently they think that as time goes on, items get more expensive (inflation I can understand), and technological advances that make things cheaper to manufacture do not exist!

I remember a time when it was justified for CD's to be twice the price of a vinyl album, because the red lasers to create these wonders were uber expensive. Heck I remember the original CD's being so strong and resistant that they would barely scratch. Now with red laser burners costing under 30 bux to us consumers, really how expensive is it to create a CD? We know just how little the artists actually get from this cartel, why hasn't anyone invoked RICO on these bastards yet?

Have a good laugh at their expense. But remember, most of the US congress is in their pockets, and they are coming to your country as well! Call your congress rep let them know about this crap! I did, and he was clueless about it all, but at least he was willing to listen. The more we can educate our reps, the better chance we have of them getting a stronger foothold.
    http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/RIAA-says-youre-lucky-CDs-are-so-cheap.html

7. ireland

ireland Active member

8. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

@Neph,
    That check I sent you must have got lost in the MAIL SYSTEM years ago, LOL. Sorry about the poor Postal service. I still thank you for the support at that time.

Jerry

9. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

It was a well decerved promotion my friend. The check did get here by the way - several nice young ladies that frequent a certain local street corner will vouch that I had the funds ;)

10. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

Lp531, texas turrets have same sloping armor as arizona but has 2 gun barrels per turret compared to arizona's 3 barrels per turret. will continue this in shout box if you want.

11. Lp531

Lp531 Regular member

@ddp
    Definetlly...post some pictures...My DR1 is heavylly modified...I'll take some pictures tonight...will see you in the shout box...Cool another modeler...been into since I was a little kid...never built one stock even as a child...when you had to build a model "Mission" in elementary school mine won first place for the state of california...it was on displayed in Sacramento Capital for awhile...when I finally got it back they had messed it all up...I was pissed...

12. kitty66

kitty66 Regular member

@cincy - phew! I am not into pissing people off unless I am really trying too!! lol

@RIAA - Huge middle finger!!!!!!!!! My husband & I are musicians, he is a pro, I am not. Anyhow...his only hope of making money is to start an indy label. Every other deal out there, including most indys is that the artist gets crap out of it when you look at the percentages. Even the big ones only make small percentages thanks to people like RIAA. MORE MIDDLE FINGERS!!!!!!!!!!!

All Purpose Curse for the RIAA:
    RIAA may your collective karma come and gift itself to you as soon as possible.

13. ireland

ireland Active member

i am calling for a boycott Warner Music (US),and to deport the EMI (Britain), french,Germans and japs dvd studios & Music cartel out of the usa..i have not bought a movie or cd in years..we rent the stuff...

Warner Music (US), EMI (Britain), Vivendi Universal (France) and Sony BMG (Japan and Germany), the members of the Big 4 Organized Music cartel

[​IMG]

14. kitty66

kitty66 Regular member

@ireland - Yes! I am down. We have been doing this for years as well. It's time those smacktard bastards made only measly percentages of their expected pillage!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Fuggum!

15. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 8, 2007
  16. ddp

aabbccdd, edit your sig ASAP!!! you got into trouble with neph about before so edit it!!

17. Lp531

Lp531 Regular member

Let my nephew use my computer last night just to check his myspace account...told him not to go to peoples accounts and look at pictures...do not accept any friends...just see if you have any messages...caught him accepting friends he did not know...he goes but there hot...asked him if he went into there pictures and clicked them...his answer was Yes...asked him if anything popped up while he was using the computer...Like my Comodo shield...his answer Yes...He hit accept...

Au_.exe a wonderful trojan...My system is JACKED...No more firewall...No more Anti-virus...removed the file...still can not reinstall my Anti-virus...

Lord knows what ghosts are in the machine...Going to have to Blow this system away after reading up on it...

Time to set-up a linux box for the internet only...

18. ZippyDSM

ZippyDSM Active member

Lp531
    maybe you need a better AV program,I have and love PC chillin 07.

19. ddp

do a system restore to before nephew was on computer. worked for me once when couldn't get rid of virus. got rid of it manually afterwards.

20. wolfmanz

wolfmanz Regular member

That will not always work because too clean some of the nastier malware or viruses System Restore needs to be disabled. Once your machine gets too screwed up it's just as easy to re-format and start clean.

Linux has a lot more to offer than just Internet access. Security is much better on Linux when set-up properly. A dual boot system is the way to go and very easy to set-up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.