1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lets Paint The Kettle Black,Do You Have A Bitch On Whats Going On Around The Site Or Any Thing Negative To Report

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by ireland, Mar 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ireland

ireland Active member

Meth, Cocaine Abuse Boosts Stroke Risk

April 9, 2007 03:55:47 PM PST
    Yahoo! Health: Addiction News

MONDAY, April 9 (HealthDay News) -- The abuse of stimulant drugs such as cocaine and amphetamines may increase the risk of stroke by raising blood pressure or triggering spasms in blood vessel walls that contribute to the narrowing of the vessels, a U.S. study says.

Researchers analyzed data on patients treated for stroke or drug abuse at Texas hospitals between 2000 and 2003. They concluded that amphetamine abuse was associated with a fivefold increased risk of hemorrhagic stroke (bleeding in the brain), but not ischemic stroke (blocked blood flow to the brain).

They also found that cocaine was associated with a greater than twofold increased risk of both hemorrhagic and ischemic stroke.

In addition, amphetamine abuse, but not cocaine use, was associated with a higher risk of death after hemorrhagic stroke, the study authors said.

"The public health implications of these findings are heightened by growing news accounts suggesting a recent increase in methamphetamine abuse, particularly in the southwestern, western and Midwestern states," they wrote.

"This concern was supported by our finding that, among hospitalized patients in Texas from 2000 to 2003, the rate of amphetamine abuse was increasing faster than that of any other drug, including cocaine, and the rate of strokes among amphetamine abusers was increasing faster than the rate of strokes among abusers of any other drug."

The study is in the April issue of the journal Archives of General Psychiatry.

2. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

@Auslander

What pi$$es you off? That they actually got uninformed people to sign the petition to ban water; or that they actually did the petition? How sad that at least no one they showed actually recognized that dihydrogen monoxide was water and wanted it banned. Lots of chemistry being learned in schools lately. God they'll be trying to ban that polluter, sodium chloride, next. LMAO

3. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

what pissed me off was that not one "uninformed person" bothered to ask what dihydrogen monoxide was! there's a difference between being uninformed and being idiotic. not ignorance, but stupidity!

4. ireland

ireland Active member

Dihydrogen Monoxide(DHMO)Hydric acid.is a colorless and odorless chemical compound

NIGHT ALL

5. ireland

ireland Active member

MY BITCH FOR TODAY

Arsenic In Chicken Feed May Pose Health Risks To Humans

Science Daily — Pets may not be the only organisms endangered by some food additives. An arsenic-based additive used in chicken feed may pose health risks to humans who eat meat from chickens that are raised on the feed, according to an article in the April 9 issue of Chemical & Engineering News, the weekly news magazine of the American Chemical Society.

Roxarsone, the most common arsenic-based additive used in chicken feed, is used to promote growth, kill parasites and improve pigmentation of chicken meat. In its original form, roxarsone is relatively benign. But under certain anaerobic conditions, within live chickens and on farm land, the compound is converted into more toxic forms of inorganic arsenic. Arsenic has been linked to bladder, lung, skin, kidney and colon cancer, while low-level exposures can lead to partial paralysis and diabetes, the article notes.
    Use of roxarsone has become a topic of increasing controversy. A growing number of food suppliers have stopped using the compound, including the nation's largest poultry producer, Tyson Foods, according to the article. Still, about 70 percent of the 9 billion broiler chickens produced annually in the U.S. are fed a diet containing roxarsone, the article points out.

Complicating the issue is the fact that no one knows the exact amount of arsenic found in chicken meat or ingested by consumers who frequently eat chicken. "Neither the Food and Drug Administration nor the Department of Agriculture has actually measured the level of arsenic in the poultry meat that most people consume," according to the article.
    The National Chicken Council, a trade association that represents the U.S. chicken industry, claims there is "no reason to believe there are any human health hazards" associated with the use of roxarsone.
    Note: This story has been adapted from a news release issued by American Chemical Society.
    http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2007/04/070409115746.htm

6. ireland

ireland Active member

NO BITCH,I WONDER IF DDP IS SEEING THINGS IN THE CANADIAN SKY...
    [​IMG]

Annual UFO survey records 736 reported sightings across Canada last year

Published: Monday, April 9, 2007 | 6:21 PM ET
    Canadian Press

WINNIPEG (CP) - Aliens and spaceships are a bit passe these days, but 736 reported UFO sightings across Canada last year shows an "underlying, real phenomenon" going on, says one of the country's top UFO researchers.

"It's true, we don't have as many aliens on TV as we used to - they used to be on commercials selling us everything from Pepsi to decongestants," says Chris Rutkowski, director of the Winnipeg-based Ufology Research institute.

"And yet the phenomenon persists, which to me says there is a basic underlying, real phenomenon that extends beyond media and pop culture."

Rutkowski's annual Canadian UFO Survey last year recorded the third-largest number of sightings in its 17-year history - down from a record of 882 sightings in 2004.

British Columbia and Ontario had the highest number of recorded cases, but Saskatchewan posted an all-time record of 98 sightings.

The tiny community of Maidstone just east of the Alberta boundary accounted for more than half of the reports from Saskatchewan.

Barb Campbell, who now lives farther down the Yellowhead highway in Paynton, Sask., says she saw a dark triangle larger than a helicopter hovering in the sky above Maidstone last year.

"It was just above the glare of the street light, so you couldn't quite make out the whole thing, but it had a very unusual, strobing, eerie kind of light in the middle," she says.

"It made absolutely no sound whatsoever - it was just really mind-boggling."

Campbell doesn't believe there's anything particularly alluring for extraterrestrials in Maidstone and says there's likely far more UFO sightings right across Canada each year that don't get reported.

Rutkowski, who wrote a book last year on Canadian UFO sightings, is quick to point out that no incontrovertible proof exists that any of the UFO cases involve aliens.

Most of the sightings are of strange lights in the night sky, with close encounters and reports of "classic" flying saucer shapes being relatively rare.

"It would be difficult to conceive of how aliens could travel here from out there."

Still, he says earthlings are a "relatively young civilization" surrounded by stars and planets that are older and potentially have civilizations that are much further evolved than us.

"Perhaps if we hang around another hundred, thousand or ten thousand years we might come up with a way to travel between the stars."

Of all the reports included in the 2006 UFO Survey, the most mysterious include the sighting of a huge, black, V-shaped object moving slowly out over the Newfoundland coastline last August.

Another incident was reported by a motorist outside of North Bay, Ont., who saw a cluster of blue-glowing orbs that zipped closely past his car and then hovered in some nearby trees.

Disappointingly enough, one of the biggest problems that Rutkowski and other ufologists face in their study of unidentified flying object reports is not a shadowy group of powerful people trying to obscure the truth. It's actually the Internet.

With no Canadian government department officially recording UFOs, there's no central authority to keep track. And more websites are appearing all the time.

"There's so many people interested right now and they're setting up their own websites - there's a confusion now. There's no one central place to report UFOs anymore."

Last month, the French government created a world-wide stir when its space agency published more than 100,000 documents online from its secret "X-files" relating to UFOs and sightings of other unexplained phenomena.

The space agency said it made the documents public to draw the scientific community's attention to unexplained cases and because their secrecy generated suspicions that officials were hiding something.

-By James Stevenson in Calgary.
    http://www.cbc.ca/cp/Oddities/070409/K04099AU.html

7. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

ireland, i haven't seen a real ufo since the mid 60's when i lived in sutton west, ontario.

8. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

That was the last 736 times ddp too his '06 spaceship for a spin :)

9. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

My bitch: I am well known for having cobwebs in my wallet. True to form, I bought two $4.00 shirts at a discount store and the sleeves are too short...looks o.k. with the sleeves rolled up though. I should have known better; if you want real quality, the salvation army is the way to go :)

10. Estuansis

Estuansis Active member

I've seen some pretty horrible pictures and heard some pretty gruesome accounts.

Brutality and torture(including rape) in any form is way over the line.

My Grampa was in WWII(He's 84) he told me about his time over there. His squad was one of the first to liberate the death camps in southern Germany.

11. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

@estuansis...given the horrors of war, I can't imagine anything that would have made it seem more worthwhile than being part of liberating those camps.

12. ireland

ireland Active member

my bitch of the whole year..this is not political its just my bitch..if ye answer this post keep it non-political

IF ANY SITE MODS THINK THIS IS POLITICAL,DELETE THIS POST..

13. Pop_Smith

Pop_Smith Regular member

I have a bitch:

The "World of Warcraft" ("WoW") has the worst ELUA I have ever read.

Here is, from what I can pick out, the worst part (something Micro$oft like) please keep in mind this is exactly as its written:

7: Blizzard's Absolute Right to Suspend, Terminate and/or Delete the Account.
    BLIZZARD MAY SUSPEND, TERMINATE, MODIFY, OR DELETE THE ACCOUNT AT ANY TIME WITH ANY REASON OR NO REASON, WITH OR WITHOUT NOTICE. For purposes of explanation and not limitation, most account suspensions, terminations and/or deletions are the result of violations of this Terms of Use or the EULA.

Yeah, it is their game but that says that they can whenever they feel like it (even if its for some poor techie that works for Blizzard to let off steam) delete your account and they don't have any obligation to explain why they did it. Even if the deletion was legit or some guy just having fun/drinking at work/etc.

14. blivetNC

blivetNC Regular member

@Estuansis
    Good Man, now make sure his life stories and histories don't get forgotten by your grandchildren. Some of the stories I've heard from my Russian teachers seem almost beyond human comprehension. I pray this scourge is never unleashed upon the world again.

15. ddp

it will.

16. Neverhap

Neverhap Guest

Yes, and look at Darfur, and parts of Africa, pathetic.....the human loses.

17. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

@Ireland ... Amen to that! Quite a benefit package they voted for themselves eh? ...and certain politicians want to reduce our future social security benefits to pay for it! "Let them eat cake!"

18. FredBun

FredBun Active member

I read the SS article, I'm not even gonna make a comment, I'll get thrown of this thread, I was foaming at the mouth.

19. ddp

fred, did you have your rabies shots for that foaming of the mouth?

20. ireland

ireland Active member

LINK
    http://www.dvorak.org/blog/?p=10841

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.