1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lets Paint The Kettle Black,Do You Have A Bitch On Whats Going On Around The Site Or Any Thing Negative To Report

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by ireland, Mar 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ZippyDSM

ZippyDSM Active member

gerry1
    zippy needs to learn to lurk more...mew thinks he talks to much =0-o=

2. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

nothing is forever, not even diamonds. ya just have to keep rollin', or might as well kiss life goodbye.

3. billybob

billybob Regular member

I agree with Gerry about the Gear79 subject.

Oh and creaky, im sorry mate, but you said:

I've tried to overlook this comment from other people so many times (andmerr etc). But i couldnt disagree more either. Look, if newcomers come to this forum, they would most certainly NOT be deterred by the so called "chat" in the safety valve, as only and idiot would come to the safety valve, after reading the topic description, for TECHIE HELP...which would be the only way the chat would deter them!
    I thought that goes without saying.....i thought the safety valve was to let off some steam.

Not critisising or anything, you know i respect you....but i agree with gerry.

4. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

this just proves that people don't read things properly.. the devil's in the detail, this is not just about the Safety Valve FFS. I know it may be a shock to some but there are many forums here, NOT just the blessed Safety Valve, and my point was/is that too much chatting goes on thru various threads/forums, NOT just the Safety Valve. I detest discussions like this because people only read what they want to read, not what is actually written.

I don't do selective hearing/reading, maybe i'm too much of a techie or something but i'm obviously on another planet.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2007
  5. ZippyDSM

ZippyDSM Active member

then the mods will have to ban/warn abotu discussions in discussions ...wha?
    LOL
    but really the mods need to get together and go after all instances of OTP "off topic posting".

6. billybob

billybob Regular member

You'll never guess what, selective reading/hearing isnt always done deliberately, sometimes you get influenced without knowing jsut by your own opinions.

Oh,so was the "Old timers....say good morning, afternoon or evening thread", not in the safety valve?

This is petty, gerry has already considered leaving or "lurking in the background", and you can say what you want but that sucks!

We've lost to many great members (am i allowed to say "we"?) already, due to petty little arguments/feuds.
    And im not about to continue some little disagreement to risk losing Gerry1.....one of the few active "old timers", and one of the best/most valuable aD'ers!

7. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

not to pick at either side, but isn't this getting to be a bit of a drama queen show here? both sides kind of seem loaded up on estrogen.

random chat in safety valve = good

random chat all over AD = bad

i understand that much, but the solutions i see tie into other threads that put more stringent limitations on membership status here.

8. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

I just don't get this. If the Safety Valve isn't for talk about many diverse things then what the Hell is it for? I also don't think a LITTLE light banter in the help threads is so bad. Do the Capital One ,Dark Ages Commercials in the US ring a bell? I get the sense that this place wants to be all business and no fun. Who wants to work there? This place has been a part of me for over 2 years, I've seen good people leave and bad people banned. If AD gets to be where there is no place to enjoy one's visit, whether it be a first time visitor or veteran grouch, like myself; then it will slowly push newbies and addicts away. It's happening now.

9. Ripper

Ripper Active member

Personally, I can't see much of a problem. I agree with what both ddp and creaky have said. As Aus outlined..

Random chat is fine... in small doses. I must say that as much as I read through the thread like that, i never take a massive active part, as it's all too much to bother with, with about 5 diff. convos going on at the same time.

IMO, everyone that get's upset over one thread being closed (granted, I enjoyed that thread for the most part and did post there) then they need to get over it. And the way this is going, i can see more tears before bedtime over the horizon if this thread was to be closed for apparent reasons (yes this is the bitch thread, but there's bitching, and there's argueing).

Now, I've said my bit (might aswell, this is turning into a free-for-all anyway - comments from members that are not in any position to make the comments that they have) and if anyone has a problem with anything i've said, PM me, simple as.

10. Ripper

Ripper Active member

Ok, so NOW i have a bitch!

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_jump.cfm/321926/3000935-547023

A moderator for a thread? That's just perfect. Nice work people.

That's going to really aid the few remaining mods in their attempt to keep the nonsense under control!

And yeah, I could have edited my post, but I feel that this bitch is "reply notification" worthy.

11. creaky

And i've just banned myself.

12. Ripper

Ripper Active member

Edited due to a severe lack of "can be arsed" in replying to anyone that might reply to my post.

13. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

wow. something is really goddamned wrong around here. seeing ddp go shakes my whole net-understanding.

i think it's vacation time again. yeah, i'm hopping back on the bandwagon. boo hoo. there's not really anything i can do to help clean up this god-awful mess...i think i've done about all an addict can.

meh, i haven't been contributing lately, anyway. good luck to you guys. PM me when this whole steaming pile of drama is fixed up.

14. Ripper

Ripper Active member

Sounds like a plan Brandon.

Night all.

15. billybob

billybob Regular member

My Bitch
    Oh for god sake this is getting to be a joke.

I love aD, but i love it because i get away from all the negatives of daily life...even if people do call me "just a kid", or a youngster, or whatever, im FAR from naive.

So yes, i do have troubles in daily life, and aD helps make things easier. The term "Afterdawn Addict", is one used most loosely.
    However, as much as everyone will deny it, aD is addictive, not in a bad way for me....as feeding this particular addiction helps me through life in a way....not to sound too drastic.

I enjoy the help, the feeling of a friendly community, the notorious veil of anonymity, the ability the have light banter and joking....just everything Positive about aD.
    If people keep issuing ultimatums...and arguing over stupid little things, then aD will fall apart. Its already lost good members (notice the way im now using the term "It's" as oppose to "we've"), and the childish squabbling just takes all the enjoyment and...if you like...the THC of aD (see...light humour), out of it.

At the end of the day (today is a hugely long one), the Mods/admins; decisions are final. End of. If they say jump, ask how high. (Creaky has a nasty bite :p).
    Oh, and if anyone mentions the word democracy ill personally throttle them.

However, the mods can sometimes be unfair or OTT, but thats down to them and the other mods, and the more respected aD members to pm them about.
    Mods have bad days, as do we all. Emphasize their situation, and what they do for us. They will come good in the end, and if you think they are wrong, pm them. If ALOT of people think they are wrong, set up an IRC channel or a Teamspeak server or something!

And ddp wont leave, hes too liked and respected. How many of you people have said you feel like leaving. Hes just pissed off because everyones squabbling. Im bored, had a long day, can we just forget this rubbish, be a bit careful about the chatty conversations in the help threads, and just grow up?

My bitch done. Possible the longest post ive ever made. Please dont ban me. :p

P.S, dont let this get like 1984.

16. Estuansis

Estuansis Active member

Wow, I'm pretty overwhelmed with all the people and excellent mods leaving.

I need a vacation. If anyone's got something to talk about then by all means drop into my shout box or PM me.

EDIT: I'll still hang around in the AMD vs Intel thread.

17. billybob

billybob Regular member

Yes, ill be back in a week. I have exams to worry about.

Congratz all. eustansis...ripper...auslander...gerry....can one of u guys drop me a pm when the rest are back?

Thanks.

18. janrocks

janrocks Guest

Now look what you've gone and done.. Broke the internet!

I'm going to hang around out of pure spite.

19. creaky

- nah, i'm just very dry :p

- i think you're right there :p

- 'course not, nobody's being banned

20. greensman

greensman Regular member

Thanks for the laugh janrocks!!!

I'll not reply to the other mess cause it'll definitely get me in some deep DOO-DOO!!!

well maybe a little something.........
    To ALL take a diazepam, chill-pill, or whatever you think you need and take a couple days of rest and then get back with a doctors approval. I think that all will be better by then and hopefully worked out in a mature manner. :)

...gm

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.