1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lets Paint The Kettle Black,Do You Have A Bitch On Whats Going On Around The Site Or Any Thing Negative To Report

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by ireland, Mar 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

@Loco...next time I'm at home depot or Lowes, I'm going to look if I can find some of that film designed just for that purpose. It's like some sort of lightly tinted contact paper ... you clean your widows really well and apply it to the inside of the window.

2. FredBun

FredBun Active member

---------------------------------------------------------------------

wow, I can consider myself lucky! Our comcast bill is only $89.48, and that is with taxes.

We have Comcast Digital Voice, High Speed Internet, The HD package that has the most chanels, 3 HD tuners, and 2 cable modems (one for our 8 computers, and one for xbox live, and the Playstation Network)

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Damn, I'm in the philly suburbs, and I was paying $189 less hd, less 1 modem, called them and threatened to switch to verizon, they called back and gave me a deal for the same I have down to $131, I thought I did great till I heard what you have, what town are you from, and you bet your ass I'm gonna be calling them back.

3. Domreis

Domreis Regular member

Redmond Wa, the heart of Microsoft (Microsoft owns Comcast, so that might be part of it)

4. Domreis

Domreis Regular member

Ok, I just got back from home depot, while I was their I picked up for boodles of Spray Paint, 3 shades of Green, and Black. I bought the spray paint so I can paint the new 'huts' aka hovervill houses, (4 by 4 foot house built from plywood) I built for paintball. As I was walking threw the store with my spray paint I was getting the nastiest looks from other customers.

Why do people always think the worst of people?

5. billybob

billybob Regular member

Sorry im late. Im still taking abreak, but i just read some comments.

You just made one :) Lots of respect gained for that post.

Good!! Otherwise id be following!

6. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

My bitch - too much drama and not enough free love.

[​IMG]

Is it safe to presss the 'resume normality' button now ?, many constructive threads need attention and i'll be unsubscribing once all the tears have dried and thrown toys put away for another day. Just don't want to miss out on the next episode, got a TV company recruiting for a mini-series.

7. greensman

greensman Regular member

LOLOLOLOLOLOL@creaky!!!!

My only b!tch is that I have to wipe away these tears of laughter from creaky's little pic and comments. :) All in fun people. Have a good one!!!

....gm

8. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

my only bitch is, that sorry ass that shot the 32 students, wasnt able to visit this site and let out his anger,like eveyone else here does from time to time... im not trying to make light of the situation at virgina tech, its just a shame these young kids gotta end things this way, cause they dont feel they have someone to talk to and let out their anger in other ways than killing innocent people.
    my prayers go out to all of VT.

9. The_Fiend

The_Fiend Guest

My new bitch, i now get to go to U.S. for another funeral.
    That's the third time in less than a year.
    I say they should prosecute the damn campus police @ va tech for not sweeping the entire campus after the first shooting.
    /me marches off forum to order plane tickets and goes to have his black suit drycleaned.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 17, 2007
  10. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

My bitch is about the news agencies covering the situation at Virginia Tech. Why do they always corner the students or family members and ask how they feel about their friend or loved one getting killed. What kind of dumb-a$$ question is that?? And they always do it.

11. tranquash

tranquash Regular member

as bad as it is. their only purpose of being there is marketing.

12. Ripper

Ripper Active member

I think the word your looking for is advertising? What exactly are they trying to market?

Even advertising is not the right choice of words, as they are the media. They have a job to do which involves covering stories like this and asking asshat questions.

13. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

I agree, after the initial broadcast they start dipping for ratings. As if someone is going to speak ill of the dead on national TV. "Oh... he was an SOB and deserved to die, I won't be missing him..." Not likely to hear that one. I like getting the news, but I can do without the play on emotions and theatrics.

14. tranquash

tranquash Regular member

no, it's not advertising what i ment. it's more like "ratings", ie., competing among other networks. and please don't get me wrong. it's really sad what's happened and if there was something i could do to confort all parents and relatives from their pain i'd do.

news netwoks i was referring to.

15. Ripper

Ripper Active member

I see. Well, my point still stands they have a job to do and that's not gunna change, despite how morally wrong you feel it is (and I agree it's not great of them, but they do ask people for interviews first). Without the media, none of us (especially us UK'uns) would not have found out about this for a good length of time after the events unfolded. As it happens, we have CNN broadcasting news to us too.

16. billybob

billybob Regular member

Yeh, im from the UK side of the pond, but i read it in the paper this morning.

I was suprised (and relieved for anoyone involved), that there were no references made towards the columbine high school massacre.

Dont take that that wrong way....but the headlines said "Americas biggest massacre"...and i think i remember the Columbine horror having that "title". I think its almost respectful to relatives and friends of those deceased in the columbine event, that there were no references to it.

My main thought on it is WHY? Why would that young asian man go and ruin the lives of so many others, because he felt that his was ruined after splittin with his girlfriend? Ill have to do more research as i dont fully know what happened...the ins and outs.

17. ireland

ireland Active member

18. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

@Billyboy ... nice to see you back and posting again! As to your question "Why", I suppose a lot of people wish they had the answer to that one! ...and the incidents seem to get worse and worse. It started maybe fifteen years ago with the post offices (hence the expression "going postal")and it has gone down hill since.

19. billybob

billybob Regular member

Thanks ireland, ill check that out.

Gerry, nice to be back communicating with you guys more often :)

Yeh, and i will probably get slated for this...but im really trying to keep my statements non-controversial...but surely you would have to be selfish and sick to take so many others lives just for ... well....the hell of it? I mean...if he was going to kill himself at the end anyway, there was no need to take so many lives? Craving for attention? Wanted to go out with a bang? (Pun not intended)

Btw, check here also people: http://www.cnn.com/ and its on the first page...there are also videos...one that i wish i didnt see....a video of one of the actual shootings...it was caught on camera phone by Jamal Albarghouti.

20. ireland

ireland Active member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.