1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lets Paint The Kettle Black,Do You Have A Bitch On Whats Going On Around The Site Or Any Thing Negative To Report

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by ireland, Mar 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ripper

Ripper Active member

I'd be suing them about now.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2007
  2. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

All the people who were killed two hours after the first shooting, their families will be rich. Trial lawyers are salivating. Just plain malpractice on the Administration's and law enforcement's part. No warning for over 2 hrs. Who was in charge in Blacksburg?

@billybob

You obviously don't get US TV in UK but the comparisons started yesterday to Columbine, which also happened 9 yrs almost to the day around IRS tax deadline.

3. billybob

billybob Regular member

@Garmoon.

yes, its been said we dont get US tv...
    And oh right..i was wondering when the comparisons would start.

4. ZippyDSM

ZippyDSM Active member

how? you cant blame games guns or media for random crazy people. as for the cops going in its standard practice to wait till back up arrives till you can hit a building correctly.

5. darthnip

darthnip Moderator Staff Member

the funny thing to me is this, the first shooting happened, then for two hours the cops were all over the place, then the bastard killed a bunch more people with little or no effort! to me, that just proves the cops are much better at hiding than the students. only in america!

6. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

I think I can solve that real quick. LOL The Crappy News Networks are as bad as the Bumbling Broadcasting Corporations. ;)

If news organizations would get back to the news instead of trying to further political agendas and improve ratings, we'd all notice better quality news service.

7. ireland

ireland Active member

darthnip

ye must be watching another tv news show that i am watching..
    my tv is on my computer and i been watching the news since it started

8. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

I thought American cops had more of a reputation as cowboys for their shootem up style. ;) Only problem is this a**hole shot himself before giving them the chance. Maybe the handling of the situation was inept, but I don't think cowardice came into play.

The situation started as a domestic shooting and was being handled as such. It's not everyday you have a self centered lunatic go on a killing spree. It's rare, though not as rare as it once was, and there's no way to protect against it. It's not guns or violence becoming an accepted part of daily life, it's simply crazy b**tards that think their problems are more important than the people around them.

9. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

@zippy...I think Garmoon was talking about the two hour delay in warning students, not the crazy guy who did the shooting; no one could predict that. A lot of people are screaming negligence because two people had already been killed yet they waited and waited before issuing a warning and lock-down. Some are claiming that if it had been locked down after the first two murders, then the other 30 could have been prevented. I don't claim to know if this would have been the case; hind sight is always 20/20, as the saying goes.

10. ireland

ireland Active member

11. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

Ireland is right. You're looking at a small town with traffic coming in with off campus students and faculty as well as other employees. How do you close that down a town without several hours lead time and the help of the National Guard? It's a tragedy, but unless you have someone on hand to apprehend the perpetrator at the scene of a crime, there's no way of preventing further trouble until he makes himself known or is tracked down by investigators. In this case the lunatic made his presence known in a classroom.

12. ZippyDSM

ZippyDSM Active member

ah its hard to know what they were up to I am sure between the news sensationalizing things and a city investigation over it we will know soon enough what really happened 0-o

13. NicHt

NicHt Regular member

I would like to bitch about the media and how they only report the negative things in life. Dipping for ratings etc. Insanity. However, I would like to pray for the kid who actually commited the murder, no matter how much hate is directed his way because of this, we have to be thinking of what he must have been going through to commit such a horrible crime. That isn't to say he is justified in doing what he did, or that he suffered more than the victims and their famililes. But people don't out of the blue go and mow down 32 other victims. I have sympathy to the boy and his family. And more so the vitims and their families. I do not think it was his fault... or... I'm not sure. But I do think that he is not entirely to blame for this, I think it's probably mostly Virginia Tech's fault. Again 28,000 students and 32 police. Is FU*KING REDICULOUS. For putting him in this situation that he feels as if suicide is the only way out, and for not dealing with this acceptably. You'd think they'd have someone on the PA system for this kind of thing. It's bloody ridiculous...

14. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

In addition to other points raised, how many double shootings are followed by a mass murder? It's not like the cops were expecting the guy to go waste 30 people a mile away two hours later. People are acting like the cops should've known the shooting spree was going to happen. When someone wastes a couple people they almost always get as far from the scene of the crime as possible so the whole thing was curve ball nobody could've predicted and I think people need to back off trying to pin a buch of ridiculous expectations on the cops. Show me ANY college that has a contingency plan for "Double Shooting Followed by Mass Murder Two Hours Later".

15. NicHt

NicHt Regular member

True... but my point is better... read above ^^ xD
    Good point Neph... I had no idea people thought it was the cops fault.

16. ZippyDSM

ZippyDSM Active member

ture ture,I have lost some respect for CNN with the endless reporting even lou dobbs did it too and lost lost a point of respect I have for im,that and I wanted to see him put fire to the feet of polis.

17. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

Well, that's certainly true, yet, they're raising an aweful lot of stink about it but again, hind sight is always 20/20. People always want to assign blame.

18. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

I sure as hell blame this sicko. He is the one who got mad at the world and mowed down a group of people because he was unhappy. It was his responsibility to seek help if he thought he needed it (and if anybody did...). If beyond being able to seek help, his parents or someone should have notified the proper authourities. Most of us at one time or another have lost someone we loved. Shooting people isn't the recommended method for recovering from a broken heart.

I have no idea what his parents taught him. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and think they're nice folks who tried to bring their child up with moral values, among those a respect for life. I feel sorry for them, but not for the monster they called a son. I doubt they had any idea.

19. blivetNC

blivetNC Regular member

I agree with Neph and the others who realize that you can't blame the police/university/ and other law enforcement officials. At this point in time, let's not "Blame" anybody for the incident, lets help the victims, grieve for the lost and start the healing process and get these poor kids lives back on track.
    Just my 2ยข worth.

20. ireland

ireland Active member

i been watching fox,i feel they are doing a good job on there news reports

so ye know how i watch tv on my computer,i use a usb turner by pinnacle..with a cable hook up..

also it can input or record any dvd or video device like a vcr,television or video camera in to my computer in mpeg2 in real time..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.