1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lets Paint The Kettle Black,Do You Have A Bitch On Whats Going On Around The Site Or Any Thing Negative To Report

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by ireland, Mar 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

Unless he was mentally ill there is no excuse for what happened. If he was, it was his family's fault and the school system for allowing him the chance to run amok in public. Till it is proven he was incompetent, I find this man guilty of the crime of mass murder. He's the one who acquired the guns, walked into a crowded school and started shooting. If this wasn't preplanned, why more than one gun and why all the ammunition, why guns and ammo at all? This man was prepared to do what he did and was a stone cold killer. Being lovesick is a poor excuse.

Killer:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 17, 2007
  2. ZippyDSM

ZippyDSM Active member

they have reported he had anger issues and made was it bomb threats ?

3. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

Some are making it sound as though he was a menace to society and shouldn't have been allowed in a social environment. Others are playing him up as a disturbed youth.

Whether planned or not, the bomb threats kept the police preoccupied on that front as well.

4. ireland

ireland Active member

THE CRAP IS HITTING THE FAN..

U.S. gun laws draw heat after massacre

LONDON - The Virginia Tech shootings sparked criticism of U.S. gun control laws around the world Tuesday. Editorials lashed out at the availability of weapons, and the leader of Australia — one of America's closest allies — declared that America's gun culture was costing lives.

link
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070417...tech_world_view;_ylt=A9G_RysVYiVGTVcAjQvMWM0F

5. NicHt

NicHt Regular member

Taken out of context
    Is what I said. Yes still, I do beleive that It couldn't be totally his fault, there has to be extinuatiing circumstances.

And in all ways he is responsible for the crime, as you all said there isn't a person who doesnt go though a time in there life that you'd love to gun down a few people, and we all control that urge (Except Auslander) but we all probably don't have to go through what that kid may have gone through alot more than what we can can imagine Post Traumatic Stress disorder etc... and his parents may have mind Fu**ed him... But thats a bit harsh. I don't know, but I don't think we should only feel sorry for those victim's family. Because the kid himself is a victim.

Good old Australia my homeland, trust us to point out the obvious, but I don't want to
    A) Get political
    B) Get some redneck reciting the constitution to me

6. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

Everyone likes to jump on the wagon and yell about gun laws. Gun laws didn't stop the IRA, Basque separatists, and the many splinter groups in western countries. If a criminal wants a weapon, they'll find a way. People kill people. Like the joke goes, the pencil made me mispell, get rid of pencils. Cars kill more people than guns, get rid of cars. Fertilizer, diesel fuel and vans weren't banned after McVey blew up the federal building. Borders have yet to be controlled after the 9/11. German speed laws kill more people than the average. Change laws for the autobahn. There needs to be more enforcement of current laws before considering new laws, but people would rather go by kneejerk reactions.

7. NicHt

NicHt Regular member

This is going off topic but anway.
    You have to be pretty thickheaded to think changing the gun laws won't do anything, because the common criminal is not a member of the IRA or a splineter cell, they can get guns but it sure as hell will decraes the murder rates like 90%

-edit
    Was this murderer part of an IRA or splinter cell group? I think not.

8. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

I understand what you're saying. There's usually circumstances that influence a persons's actions. In this case a young man made a highly inappropriate decison to take a horrific action. He was responsible unless mentally incapable of making the decision. Like I mentioned before, not everyone who has lost at love goes out and commits a massacre.

9. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

I'm sure they're going to do one hell of an autopsy on the shooter. There are a number of things like a tumor in a certain place in the brain etc. that can cause such things. I guess that came into my head because its easier to understand than just psycho behavior.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 17, 2007
  10. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

@zippyDSM

Gerry1 is right in my intent. It was the two hr delay. They had no suspect in the first shooting.They had no idea where he was or who he was! Email alerts should have been sent immediately after the first shooting. The negligence is on the part of the admin. for not doing that and for police not encouraging everyone out of the classes to say the football stadium or some safer place, not to come to campus and stay in locked dorms. Whoever was in charge will lose his job before all is said and done and should. The shooter had also been recommended for counciling.

There will be no gun law changes in America for sure. The NRA gun lobby weilds entirely too much power. We probably loose that many students in a year due to Bus crashes and still no seat belts on them. JM2C

11. ireland

ireland Active member

All i have to say about gun laws,leave the laws as is and add you have to be a american citizen to buy or own a gun of any kind ,and having a green card does not qualify to own a gun..

that nut only had a green card,..............it might of been possible he could not of got a gun to do his work of the devil....

and in that state there is no 3-day waiting period
    ye have the dollars ye get a gun as soon as like now

12. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

Gun laws have been changed and most anti-gun protestors have little idea of what the gun laws are. Even with more strict gun laws, what would have prevented a young man without a record from purchasing a gun.

He had a receipt for the purchase of a Glock 9mm. What a person decides to do with a legally purchased item can't be easily legislated.

Even with lower capacity weapons such as a revolver there's speed loaders. So, a whole lot of shooting can be done with older tech weapons. Banning semi automatic weapons is no solution. The only way guns can be gotten rid of is to stop making them and melt them all down. Even the police and military can't have them because they'll fall into the hands of a citizen at some point. Then people will go back to killing people the old fashioned way with bombs, knives, and other methods of mayhem.

The point I was making about radical groups is that weapons are always available, even if there are laws against them. You have criminals around the world with guns. They're citizens who decided to take a different turn in society. If a regular person wants a gun a criminal has, do you believe if the price is right a transactioin won't take place?

I don't appreciate being called thickheaded because I don't pity murderers, even on the safety valve. That's getting to be rude and personal behavior and I'll drop out of this conversation now.

13. NicHt

NicHt Regular member

LMAO, True True.
    But I think It is very likely that he was mentally incapable. Moments of viscious depression and hate can be as mentally blinding as a disability. And I know that he most definatly under extinuating cricumstances, and again, I am not saying he was right, he was horribly and literally fatally wrong. But in the end, this is a suicide case, suicidals see no way out but suicide, but suicide is a permantent solution a tempory problem, (I've been lectured on this before.) Anyway, suicidal people are not mentally capable of saying "Suicide is not an option." And we can't go giving simple advice to kids like this like "no one else goes out and shoots people," Because at the time the people are not mentally 'right' And I know every one is thinking, I have been in extinuationg circumstances before. But I think, that only the people who actually went through with the suicide know what these circumstances are. It's that little extra push needed for this person to kill himself, that us people who get so close and then say "it's not an option" we don't understand it, only the actual dead suicidals can fully understand these circumstances. Empathy is the key, we know how hard it is for the victims, we know it too well, but what stops these victims families from going on a rampage? it's not because they are more level headed, it's because (I don't mean to sound in-sensative) but even in this horrible circumstance they still do not understand what was going through this kid's head.

Empathy is what this kid desired and did not get, thus empathy is what this kid lacked.

-edit
    In know way did I call you a thickhead, I'm sorry if I gave you that impression, I stated it wrong, I meant to say this: in Australia, there are practically no gun murders, why? Because guns were Never Legal.I agree with you in some extent, if you changed the laws nowshit all would happen, there are soo many guns out, and having guns is woven into our phsyce (Can't spell) nothing would happen if you changed them now, NOTHING, but the gradual cracking down, will benefit future genarations.

14. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

@Nicht

You came real close in calling PacMan thickheaded. I would have been offended had it been I. Maybe it was just that you posted after him and he was saying gun law changes would do no good. Yeah you called him thickheaded. LOL

15. NicHt

NicHt Regular member

Yes, I have made myself look like an ass due to length of my posts and the relative shortness of other's posts. So I say something seemingly off topic and offensive. Sorry Again Pacman

16. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

Garmoon
    LOL I think we both read it the same way. The comments were about my statement on guns and this could have been about no one else:
    This young man wasn't a citizen of the US, so he couldn't have been a citizen of the state he resided in. So it was illegal for him to purchase the firearm. Ireland pointed that out. It's illegal to carry a concealed firearm without a permit. If he'd been carrying the guns in the open, someone might have reported a man carrying a gun on campus. It's also illegal to carry a firearm into a school building. So the young man illegally acquired weapons to commit murder, illegally carried concealed weapons, and illegally carried that gun into the school building where the massacre occurred. The laws were in place. For some reason they weren't enforced.

The man at the gun shop asks, what do you intend to do with the gun today young man. Young man: Oh, I'm going out to commit murder and mayhem. Gun store man: Are you sure you have enough ammo sir? Sure...

I'll be one of the first to say there should be more control over the system. But as I said before, better enforcement of current laws make more sense than creating more laws because the current ones aren't being enforced.

17. Neverhap

Neverhap Guest

Absolutely correct!!! In fact, quite possibly the police, also. When have you not heard that the police bring in the SWAT team on an incident such as this, and immediately evacuate everyone in the area (although not possible in this circumstance), but at least inform Admin people to alert everyone, with whatever means possible to inform people they need to advance to protected areas.

The Admin people failed miserably in their duties, they did have the capability to EMAIL every student (and possibly other means to alert the campus, and possibly prevent the next 30 killings), and had the responsibilities to do so. Yes, not every student would have received the email, but it might have prevented more deaths.

18. NicHt

NicHt Regular member

Pacman, I wasn't after you at all, at that point you hadn't even STATED that you thought it would do nothing. I didn't mean YOU I was typing when you made those comments I could't have read them. I said sorry twice it was a mistake, now drop it.

19. janrocks

janrocks Guest

Stupid tw4t of the month award

As a response to the info I can't run IE junk and use netscape 5..

Where does this muppet get his ideas about security??? I think he should be banned forthwith for being a total no brainer.. First security rule.. Ditch IE.. Second security rule Don't use google toolbars... FFS!!

[​IMG]

Frikkin M$ fanboys... rot in hell!!!

Bitch 2.. There are too many humans in the "rich" western world.. we are the unsustainable planet wreckers. Occasionally our pressured and cramped society pushes somebody over the edge.. Result.. bad stuff happens.. How many people were killed on the roads in the US on the same day?
    {before some a$$hole pulls me up for the source.. http://blogs.usatoday.com/oped/2007/02/road_deaths_com.html}

41,000 divided by 365 gives us 112 killed on the roads every day.. Does anybody want to restrict the right to own and drive a car?
    Perspective people.....

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 17, 2007
  20. ireland

ireland Active member

good night ye afterdawn happy campers..
    smile

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.