Lets Paint The Kettle Black,Do You Have A Bitch On Whats Going On Around The Site Or Any Thing Negative To Report

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by ireland, Mar 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

well i know for sure when i came here just over a year ago i didnt know diddly about burning a dvd. had the concept but never have.. and ther eis alot of great people here who help out when ever they can.. and i'd like to think im at the point that the little infoi do know i can help someone that was and is in the same situation i was once in....

ok enough mushy stuff.. heres my bitch for the day... just burnt a movie did the scan and it was awsome.. a 98 on my liteon only had 19 PIF's i went to save the scan and hit the damn start button instead.. lost it, but it is rescanning right now.. does nero have a history button on it to see the last scan...lol

2. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

I came to AD because I couldn't figure out how to record over a non-rewritable DVD ... tried for three days. I even returned a new and perfectly good HP because it couldn't do the impossible LOL! Duh!!

3. Ripper

Ripper Active member

I came to aD solely to help & 'cos I liked the site, thinking the community was pretty good after about 2 months of lurking and learning.

Look where I am now. Lol.

4. ChrisC586

ChrisC586 Regular member

As bad as me on my first printer not being able to do color went out bought a new computer figuring it was the old Hp I had,still wouldn't all because the printer didn't have a color cartridge in it.

5. ChrisC586

ChrisC586 Regular member

6. Ripper

Ripper Active member

Obviously he was trying to help by sharing his method and "story" with others, so I can't knock him for that.
    However, I do agree people should probably take into account the fact that aD offers all of these guides already, so posting them is somewhat pointless.

He also, most likely, doesn't realise that the policy of "rent and rip" isn't looking upon well here at aD; those things come with time if you ask me, as it isn't stated in the rules...

Last edited: Apr 20, 2007
  7. billybob

billybob Regular member

I cam to aD....why the hell did i come to ad ??

Let me think a second. ahahaha yes!!

I came for something to do with nero...i know that. I think i wanted to see how to copy a copyprotected dvd with nero...or somethign like that.

Anyway, im sure gerry you'll remember the "need a free copy of nero" thread LOL! That was what kept me here. Then rav and people gave me help with a personal issue. That sealed me here. Now im addicted.

I love computers, its sad when you think of how much joy you get out of making things happen on a little screen. But you know, c'est ma drogue.

Im still a noob compared to other people on this site!! Im in the process of my first build and i havent a clue where anything goes im being directed by people on this site.

8. greensman

greensman Regular member

I second that. I'm still a n00b compared to most here too. :) I had to reply to the thread you pointed us at billybob. LOL. Makes me laugh, but I don't know most of the rules either.

Try this thread for some help billybob, good people and very helpful. :) I can help with some basic stuff but Lp531, Mort81, 6spdser, BigDK, docTY, and a few others really know their stuff. hth....

@Gerry1 and ChrisC586,
    Thanks for the giggles. I've done some pretty n00bish stuff that I'm not willing to share but what ya'll have shared is some funny stuff. ;-)

No complaining right now.....I'm almost off work for the day....YEAH!!

....gm

9. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

I came to AD by accident and haven't been able to get the Off switch to work properly. Some of AD's best have tried to help, but I still can't figure it out. I'll end up the world's oldest noob. I've asked how so many times they've made me a Senior. LOL

10. billybob

billybob Regular member

Thanks greensman :D

Gwendolin also helped me alot with nero btw..

11. janrocks

janrocks Guest

Thank F for that.. Creaky.. I have noticed posts I have made vanish like that too.. They are there when you make them, I have even seen one get quoted from, and then when you go back to look at any replies your post isn't there..

I thought somebody was going around deleting them.. or something.. strange glitch, and seems like a database error to me.

12. billybob

billybob Regular member

Janrocks, thats the poorest excuse for being lazy ive EVER heard.

:p

13. janrocks

janrocks Guest

Hiya billybob.. Do you know what it feels like to spend 10 minutes putting a really good post together.. all bases covered so to speak..

Post it, proof read it, edit it for typos and style so that it is clear and concise.. Then leave it for a while... and subscribe to it..

Looking later you notice it has been posted to so you return to see the response or whatever it may be, and your post isn't there??

Probably not.. smoking that weed has 3 major effects on the brain, a reduced attention span, short term memory loss, and something else... errrm.. now what was it??

14. rav009

rav009 Active member

Hi fellow bitchers ^^ Its been a while :)

What's this I hear about ddp going away? Hope its bull****.

15. Ripper

Ripper Active member

Hey Rav, nice to see you post. IRC anytime? :)

As for ddp leaving, it's not BS.. unfortunately. The old times thread was closed by him as it was far too off topic and people kicked up a very big fuss. He re-opened it on the condidition he left. And now we have one more useless thread on AfterDawn and one less Mod.

16. billybob

billybob Regular member

Heyyyy RAV! How are you?

Janrocks, it was just a joke.

And i dont smoke weed :p

Wanna know whats even more annoying? Having a stupid touchpad on your laptop, typing 10 minutes worth of writing, snd then making a wuick movement of ur finger on the touchpad which takes you back a page.

Then its your own fault. You have knowone to blame. You feel like throwing the laptop across the room :p

I hope ddp comes back, hes great. he will come back i think.

17. rav009

rav009 Active member

Hey Ripper, gratz on Addict mate. Good to see a few proper posters still about. So people kicked up a fuss over a thread full of off topic chat and that's what lead to ddp leaving? Wtf?

Shame to see such a great member leave, he'd respond to my reports within 5 mins. I hope he comes back! Now we have Creaky and Neph left as mods, they should manage ok but their jobs will be slightly harder. :S

18. rav009

rav009 Active member

Hey Billy! I'm great mate, had loads of time off here, been doing all the things I love, its all good :) Hope your doing alright too.

I agree with you, those touch pads are really annoying, invest in a USB mouse, it'll save you lots of frustration I promise!

19. rav009

rav009 Active member

Edit: Wtf, double post..

Last edited: Apr 21, 2007
  20. Ripper

Ripper Active member

Thanks Rav.

To put it frankly, yes, that's why he left. But it was probably more the fact that people were willing to cause such a stir and go against his decision on closing it in the first place that made him leave.

Everyone knows what a great moderator ddp is. IMO, if he feels that a thread should be closed, then that's how it goes, no questions asked. For all the praise you lot (the ones who moaned) gave him, you were sure quick enough to question his actions, weren't you?!

It's laughable.

Edit: Typo

Last edited: Apr 21, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.