1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lets Paint The Kettle Black,Do You Have A Bitch On Whats Going On Around The Site Or Any Thing Negative To Report

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by ireland, Mar 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The_Fiend

The_Fiend Guest

[snotty brat mode]As if we, like didn't already know that, like, yesterday...[/snotty brat mode]
    just check the shoutboxes.

2. ffg7

ffg7 Regular member

3. The_Fiend

The_Fiend Guest

Yes, you're predictable chief.
    But that's good, a lot of us miss you.

4. Lp531

Lp531 Regular member

Pilot killed in S.C. Blue Angel crash

By BRUCE SMITH, Associated Press Writer 3 minutes ago

BEAUFORT, S.C. - A Navy Blue Angel jet crashed during an air show Saturday, plunging into a neighborhood of small homes and trailers and killing the pilot, the county coroner said.
    Witnesses said the planes were flying in formation during the show at the Marine Corps Air Station and one dropped below the trees and crashed. Raymond Voegeli, a plumber, was backing out of a driveway when the plane ripped through a grove of pine trees, dousing his truck in flames and debris.
    "It was just a big fireball coming at me," said Voegeli, 37. "It was just taking pine trees and just clipping them."
    He said wreckage hit "plenty of houses and mobile homes."
    John Sauls, who lives near the crash site, said the planes were banking back and forth before one disappeared, and a plume of smoke shot up.
    "It's one of those surreal moments when you go, 'No, I didn't just see what I saw,'" Sauls said.
    At the Blue Angels command headquarters at Pensacola Naval Air Station the petty officer on duty said he "had no comment at this time."
    A woman who answered the phone at the county coroner's office said one person died in the crash. It was not immediately clear who it was. The phone rang unanswered at the Marine base.
    More than 100,000 were expected to attend the air show and the Blue Angels were the main attraction. The elite aerial-demonstration team, which is based at Pensacola, recently celebrated its 60th anniversary.
    Beaufort is about 35 miles northwest of Hilton Head Island.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2007
  5. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

I'm sure ffg7 appreciated being outed....he obviously didn't want to be known as his former self.

6. ireland

ireland Active member

FFG-7 OLIVER HAZARD PERRY-class
    The Perry class FFG forms a capable undersea warfare [USW] platform with the LAMPS-III helicopter onboard. The Mk 13 Mod 4 missile launcher provides secondary anti-air capability. Ships of this class are often referred to as "FFG-7" (pronounced FIG-7) after the lead ship, U.S.S. Oliver Hazard Perry (FFG-7).

link for more

http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/ship/ffg-7.htm

7. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

heres my bitch of the night.. watching the nascar race, jeffy gordon win s the race and pass's Dale Earnhardt on the all time win listwith 76 wins.. he comes in and gets a Dale Earnhardt flagg and does a victory lap waven Dales flagg like he is some kinds god or something....he'll(gordon) never be as good as Dale.................PERIOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

i'll get flamed for saying this, but...not only is jeff still alive, he's had a shorter career. yet he beat dale's record. i'm by no means a nascar fan whatsoever, but i'd say those truths say something.

9. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

your 100% right Aus, but its just a class type thing. its just like compairing the micheal jordon Bulls to the Bill Russell Celtics...you cant entire different era's....but in my eyes Gordon didnt and hasnt and never will race against the legends Dale did

my mistake also gordon only tied dale with 76 wins not pass him...

10. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

in my experience, the man is an attention whore. but then again, so are most...athletes.

11. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

well thats the understatement of the decade...lmao

12. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

well, i do play the weekend superhero role of Captain Obvious. ^.~

you should meet my sidekicks, <insert witty name> and <insert other witty name>. :p

13. blivetNC

blivetNC Regular member

Yeah, but Y'all ain't lived 'till you drive by his old house ( Dale Sr.)and chow down on what-a-burger burger. (his high school hangout) in Concord. map

aerial viewRemember Rob, Dale would drive all over his grandma to win a race.
    Besides, they can't hold a candle to 21 and 43, the all time greatest rivalry in bumper cars.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2007
  14. MichaelP1

MichaelP1 Guest

love him or dislike him one thing for sure Jeff Gordon has and will in the future rewrite the record books

15. Lp531

Lp531 Regular member

Now thats a shocker...blivetNC is a Nascar Fan...What are the odds of that...LOL

Not a Big Jeff fan...even though he's from California...
    Ernie Irvan is my all time favorite...He lived in Modesto for years...I had the good fortune to meet him several times through shared friends...he is a hell of a nice guy...
    But you have to give Jeff his Due...anyone who can win a single nascar race...much less 76 of them...deserves a measure of respect...

I didn't see the race...so can-not comment on Jeff's antic's...I was going to watch tonight on Tivo...Damn...I hate it when I know who win's in advance...Thanks Rob...LOL

16. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

damn BlivetNC i new there was a real reason i liked you..lol you know i never really thought someone that was a redsoxs fan could get the duckie bumps up his arm when rollin by Dale's place....lol plus im jeleous now.
    your so true in what ya say about dale doing what ever it takes to win. theres been so many time i could have been a gordon fan if he would have just shown some aggresiveness when driveing.. you know get out of my way or get knocked out of the way(hmmmm intimadation). we all know dale dont mind the BUMP & Run.. and i aint talkin about the raiders style defense..lol like i said before gordon never raced against the legends dale had to race against. 2 different styles of raceing then and now win at all cost then adn yes dear ill let you pass me just dont bump into me and ruin my corprate paint job

ok dang.. im sorry i know this is way off topic. still 3 forever 24 never!!!!!

17. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

Can't resist Nascar. I'm no great Gordon fan, but I give the man his due. He is the closest to joining the ranks of "The Intimidator" and "King Richard". It's hard to be a fan of a guy who isn't one of the good ole boys. He's one of the pretty boys of Nascar. Having a pedigree doesn't make a champion. Junior is coming along, but he doesn't shine a light to his dad yet. There's not been a lot of big wins for the Petty family since the "King" resigned the throne. Someone mentioned different eras and different opponents. It's true, you can't compare the steroid wonders to "The Babe". Early Nascar had fewer rules and different styles of racing. Petty won more on the short bump and run tracks like Bristol and the King was more at home on the super speedways like Talladega. Today we still have Bristol, but many of the short tracks are disappearing. Racing has turned into restrictor plate sessions where the best "drafter" comes out in the end. In the old days there was some real racing where you had a "hare" and the rest of the pack played catch up or bump sessions on the short tracks where the guy who wanted it most could come out ahead. Nascar will never allow another "Intimidator" or "King". Nextel sidelines drivers that imitate the overly aggressive Earnhardt style and the restrictor plates insure there's not going to be any runaway cars like the Superbird. I still like Nascar, but it's not what it used to be. Grand National, Winston Cup, ... call home.

Doesn't everyone from the South have to wear a Nascar cap, especially if from NC?

18. blivetNC

blivetNC Regular member

Blivet is not really a huge NASCAR fan, haven't seen a race in person since like 1973, being in the restaurant business run into a lot of the drivers and their crews around here. Not everyone wears a numbered cap year round, remember march madness around here is a second religion,but you can spot the true NASCAR fans, their pretty women folk are are dressed up, smell pretty, make up, jewelry, and the guys are wearing their finest NASCAR logo'd T-Shirt while at a 5 star eatery. John Deere apparel is appropriate for casual/semi elegant dining around here.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2007
  19. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

now you know your a ICON when you refer to yourself in the 3rd person...lmao

20. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

been in the console forums again, and just had to post this.

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.