1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lets Paint The Kettle Black,Do You Have A Bitch On Whats Going On Around The Site Or Any Thing Negative To Report

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by ireland, Mar 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. billybob

billybob Regular member

Ok, read it. No problem. Not worth it.

You know what i mean ddp. lol.

2. ChrisC586

ChrisC586 Regular member

The last couple of weeks have been hell on this site. Some things meant to be funny were taken seriously, common sense was thrown to the wind. I hope this site can come back to the happy site as when I joined, with the sharing of wisdom and knowledge again.I hope every one cools down and does a retake and comes back because each and everyone in his or her special way leads the way. @ ireland I took in your volunteer list today at the Senior center where i worked and reading over it spells out quite a quality of life, I hope all members take the time to read it and reflect on it.Peace to all. Chris

3. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

Man it's hot in here...I mean in this room, maybe the heat is getting to everyone. You know creaky is always babbling on about global warming, perhaps he is onto something?

4. Ripper

Ripper Active member

I think it's just the happy pills talking when he goes off about global warming x)

5. Jaybo

Jaybo Guest

=========================================================================

Chris,

Your right, and I hope everyone takes a few days to let things cool down, seen these type of situations before, didn't like it, and I left for awhile.

Being on the DVDXCopy side of things, it didn't take that long to get burned out. I decided to limit my postings, and not let to much get to me.

6. theridges

theridges Guest

Damn, Looks Like i Missed a lot...maybe i should leave my xbox/xbox360 forum and start chit chattin :)

Neph Left :(
    Not Cool...

7. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

"Bloody Tuesday" I wake up and go to work and come home to this $hit. 3 of my buddys-Fiend-Jan-Neph have now left-Neph a great MOD to boot. I think I need a break and several more drinks.

8. ZippyDSM

ZippyDSM Active member

life takes people where they need to go, be it for fate or them selfs life leads us where it wills all I can do is sit on the shore and watch them pass.

9. Domreis

Domreis Regular member

Thanks guys...

Lately all their attention has gone to my sister for her graduation, and they some how forgot my birthday... Oh well.

10. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

Don't be so quick to diss your parents. They are human, too. It is somewhat understandable that they are preoccupied with your sister's graduation, but you should talk to them, and let them know that you are upset that they forgot your birthday. You obviously are.

11. Domreis

Domreis Regular member

Yeah, I am upset but it was an accident. I feel I should go on with life like normal and forget about it because whats done is done. I don't even know how I feel now, so I must be ok...

Last edited: May 1, 2007
  12. ffg7

ffg7 Regular member

it is just another day.

13. greensman

greensman Regular member

How accurate is that??

....gm

MY B!TCH: My work has decided after a merger to change the BONUS program which will inevitably SCREW me out of hard earned cash!!!

14. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Well I guess I missed a big bunch of stuff over the weekend again. What the hell happened this time. I thought most problems had been worked out and now I guess another bunch of S**T happened.

When you start having some of the best mods packing their bags and leaving you need to start looking at where the problems actually are. If most of the problems come from the safety valve area, then new rules need to written and enforced for that area. If the problems are in other areas, then those areas need looked at. I know in most cases the safety valve should have rules somewhat less restrictive but you still need to keep things in line. If you throw out all the rules there, we would end up with it being a WAR ZONE. I have been on forums with sections actually called that with just about no rules at all. From reading some of the posts in those type of areas, a person would have to be nuts to even post anything there. We don't need that kind of area on this forum. What we do need are good mods like DDP and NEPHILM,to name a few, but they want to get out of here. We can't have mods leaving and let the forum be over run by the trouble-makers. One of the reasons I don't post much is because I feel a forum is for giving help to others. If I can't offer help properly I don't post. This includes the Safety Valve. I will post a few times there to say Hi to someone or try to make a point. Then I back out and go to sections I know I can offer help in. My understanding of the safety valve was that it was a place to post most of the odd material and idle topics to keep that stuff from showing up in the normal sections. If thats the case then most of the topics I see there should be OK. We still need to keep Politics, Religion, and SEX ( you know what kind I mean) out of that area only because those topics will usually lead to outright fights.

I have been on here since 2003. I also left a few times and came back. Neph was one of the guiding members that helped me along when I started here. It really burns me up to see members like him leaving when he has so much time and effort invested in Afterdawn. I guess I'm done so I'll step down from the soap box and allow some else their say.

Jerry

15. blivetNC

blivetNC Regular member

Neph leaves, Foamy leaves, Jan leaves, that sucks.
    All in all this day just sucked.
    Never mind, got worse,
    Saw Elvis Costello in the back seat of a Lexus commenting on the phenominal sound of this car. Is nothing anymore sacred?

16. NicHt

NicHt Regular member

"He called my name and my heart stood still, he said John go do my will."

Craziness of the site. I had no Idea Neph left. I come on and Jan replies to me for her last time, and The_Fiend is gone. Aus is going to leave...

Going to hell... slowly, but it's happening.

17. Pop_Smith

Pop_Smith Regular member

Well I had only one bitch before I took a peek in the Safety Valve.

Bitches:

1). Jan left :*(

2). Neph has been picked on big time (and not in a jokingly manner either!) which is not good!

3). I had an other compliant but all I am gonna say (and no, this is NOT sarcasm!) is thanks big time ddp.

Peace

18. Domreis

Domreis Regular member

Whos shout box do I need to look in to see what rely happened to Neph... I am way out of the loop.

19. FredBun

FredBun Active member

Wow, has this thread kinda went el crapolla, I can go for some contraversy or a good argument once in a while, but this cry baby nonsense, I went over to the old timers thread and there's crying going on over there also.

Complaints about good people leaving, I predicted ddp will be back and he did, and I'll bet many others that are threatining to leave or have left will be back also, after you start joining other forums you will find out how much you have missed AD even tough not perfect, but better than most, actually most suck.

Anyway, I got a bitch for today and also will ask for some help if I may please even tough off topic some what.

Will be flying to the UK in June, was checking out round trip flight prices, how in the hell can a ticket be 700 one day and a grand the next, hell they were around 500 in the winter time, crazy.

I know there are some UK guys around on these forums, was a kid when I visited last back in 65, gonna see my uncle again, not doing to great, he's 89, but still hanging in there, said he will have a lime&lauger waiting for me at his favorite bar or pub excuse me, what a neat beer it was I'll never forget it, but they served it warm that freaked me out lol. I hope the place hasnt changed much, I loved it there.

Anyway, for some help please if possible, of course will be bringing my dig. camera, and will be using the unc's movie camera and his neighbors pc, if I bring my my own sd cards will they work on UK's pc's, if I buy an sd card there will it work on my camera and even AA batteries for that matter, and if I want to download pic's or movies on a pc there on a cd will it work back home here and all the other do's and dont's that somebody can point out to me please, will be highly greatfull for some help.

And in closing, take some advise from this old fart, settle down, life is to short gentlemen.

20. Ripper

Ripper Active member

That would be Jan's, but you can't now, as she's gone and so is her profile (part of the course if you get suspended).
    Nothing happened directly to Neph, but you can read his post in the safety valve as to why he left.

Last edited: May 1, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.