1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lets Paint The Kettle Black,Do You Have A Bitch On Whats Going On Around The Site Or Any Thing Negative To Report

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by ireland, Mar 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ireland

ireland Active member

my bitch of the day so far

Poisoned MP4 files threaten Winamp users04.05.2007

Hackers have crafted an exploit based on an unpatched vulnerability in Winamp, the popular media player package. Security bugs within Winamp's MP4 decoding allow miscreants to slip malware onto the PCs of users running Winamp version 5.34. More info can be found at :

Source
    http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/05/02/winamp_0-day/

2. ireland

ireland Active member

second bitch of the day

Robbers superglue naked man to exercise bike
    Sticky situation
    By Chris Williams →

South African robbers have shunned traditional gaffer tape and deployed a new weapon to subdue their victims: superglue.

An unnamed man was grabbed in the street and driven to his home, where a gang stripped him and superglued him to the seat of an exercise bike. They also glued his feet to the pedals and hands to the handlebars. Finally, his lips were sealed with the adhesive.

The South African Press Association reports that the four robbers were heavily tooled up with handguns and an assualt rifle, and wore suits when they abducted the man in his fifties. They took cash and valuables, and drank their immobilised victim's best whisky as they ransacked his house.

Paramedics used a combination of Vaseline and solvents to free the man.

Kidnap-robberies, where the victim is taken from the street and forced to direct the crims to their home, are not rare in South Africa, which suffers one of the highest crime rates in the developed world. On the flipside, at almost 14 Rand to the Pound, superglue is pretty cheap

3. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

Gerry

Just get yourself one of those plastic pocket protectors so when ye take out your slide rule and marker together, it won't happen again. You could even join the geek squad. LMFAO

4. ireland

ireland Active member

3rd bitch of the day
    i get 11 miles to a gal,with one car..explorer,v-8 all wheel drive..

How High Will Gas Prices Rise This Summer?
    The Wall Street Journal Online
    By Ana Campoy

A Lot Depends on Refineries, Weather and Driving Habits; A Raccoon and an Opossum

Gasoline prices, already flirting with $3 a gallon, could move even higher during the summer driving season. It all depends on refineries, weather and drivers' tolerance for expensive fuel.

Rising gasoline prices already are pinching sales of gas-guzzlers like sport-utility vehicles and putting consumers in a sour mood.

link

http://biz.yahoo.com/weekend/summergas_1.html

5. FredBun

FredBun Active member

I know 2 gas station owners in my area, both said it will hit 4 bucks by labor day, I just hoping thier both wrong.

6. DVDBack23

DVDBack23 Administrator Staff Member

my bitch...instead of a tech based ad by google,ive seen an ad for a tombstone selling company all over aD today, lol

7. greensman

greensman Regular member

OMGosh I have tears running down me cheeks on that one. garmoon you're so funny. hehehe. Gerry I hope that you feel the love here buddy because we wouldn't have it any other way.

@ALL = have a great weekend and remember to remove those permanent markers from all of your clothing. :)

.....gm

8. ireland

ireland Active member

NO BITCH,WHO WANTS TO BUY ONE?

American inventor builds jet-propelled crapper
    Truly a chariot of fire
    By Lewis Page → More by this author
    Published Friday 4th May 2007 15:37 GMT

An American inventor has gained belated media recognition for a truly stunning achievement - building and operating a jet-propelled portaloo.

Paul Stender, a 43-year-old former pit mechanic, had been drifting along in the way that one does: designing jet-propelled motorcycles, pickup trucks, a school bus - basically not fulfilling his life's potential. But then one day, according to an article in Popular Science, "he saw a windstorm blow portable toilets across the tarmac, and it was Newton’s apple all over again."

Except that instead of developing the theory of gravitation, Stender dashed out and spent $5,000 on a US Navy-surplus Boeing 502 gas turbine, which he sawed in half and adapted so that it could produce "what he guesses is a few hundred pounds of thrust."

He then attached the unit to the portaloo of champions, a "Country Classic portable toilet from the Hampel Corporation of Germantown, Wisconsin," according to Popular Science.

“It’s heavy and looks like fake wood,” Stender says, “like an outhouse should.”

Naturally, the machine is piloted from the "original throne". The operator looks out through a hole in the door, and steers using handlebars.

JP-4 jet fuel is reportedly "funneled in through the original urinal," allowing a skilled and fearless crapper-jockey to achieve speeds in excess of 70mph. Of course, the potential of turbo-dumper propulsion can't be fully developed without afterburner capability (that's "reheat" for older UK readers - sounds just as good in this context, we submit) and this too is provided, with a CO2-pressurized JP-8 injector. This latter equipment gives the speeding crapper the essential ability to belch 30-foot-long trails of fire from its "rear pipe."

"If the engine is running at low rpm’s, hitting the switch sends out a long, loose, yellow fireball," notes Popular Science.

The turbopowered lavvy, dubbed "Port-O-Jet," has apparently had a successful career at US racetracks, vanquishing a jet barstool two times out of four. It appears to have been in operation at least since 2002, but only in recent days has Stender achieved the worldwide fame his achievement so clearly merits.

Tragically perhaps, given the obvious hazards implicit in dunny-jet operation, Stender has apparently been unable to maintain ready-use in-cab loo roll capability. "It kept getting sucked into the engine," he says. "You suck in a piece of garbage, it’s going to explode—and you’re going to go with it.”

No s@it.
    http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/05/04/insane_jet_lavatory_man/

9. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

@Garmoon....LMAO! Would you believe I actually used those? In my own defense, those old bic pens were notorious. With the cap on, it was upside down in your pocket and the ink always leaked out LOL!

Greensman wrote:

Awww Shucks! I'm so touched ** me dabs the sentimental tears from my eyes ** LMAO!

10. ireland

ireland Active member

LET THE PICTURE TALK.....

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 4, 2007
  11. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

@Ireland...LOL! When Neph comes back, I'll have to ask him if its hard to keep a ball-cap from sliding off if you have no hair LOL!

12. DVDBack23

DVDBack23 Administrator Staff Member

another bitch...no one actually reads the bitches in this thread..they just chat about like it was a regular old safety valve thread..

13. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

I read every one of them!

Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2007
  14. ireland

ireland Active member

GERRY1,I SECOND THAT...

A post does not always have to be a bitch...in this bitch thread..

15. NicHt

NicHt Regular member

My bitch is the same as DVDback's I mean seriously WTF?
    [​IMG]

16. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

@Ireland et al: I speak respectfully, not sarcastically, but just as we try to get some semblence of normalcy, someone has to rain on the parade. Just what is it these days? The safety valve has not changed since I joined in 2003 ... or at least since 2004 when I was brought into the safety valve by gear79 because the amps/receivers forum was no place for frivolous exchange. We speak of the old timers who've left but, if anything, things were considerably more chatty then. Eighteen, maybe twenty-four months ago, there came, out of the blue, flying accusations that people were merely "post-padding" in order to reach the almighty "addict" status without actually earning it, so a policy is implemented where safety valve posts don't count toward members' status. Well, to everyone's surprise, those who merely wrote to pad their posts continued to post even it couldn't expedite them to a loftier status. Things ran so smoothly for a while. In the last four to six weeks, out comes the accusations of "chattiness" from those who've engaged in more than their fair share of it as well!

I do my fair share in the receivers/amplifiers threads and, to a lesser degree, the display threads. I'm sure I'll never reach the coveted "addict" status because the forums I frequent aren't as busy as the console forums where you can post all the nonsense you like a be an "addict" in a couple of months. The positive side to having less questions is that you can provide very thorough answers with links, research and reviews which many don't have the knowledge to understand; I take my efforts for those questioning very seriously because I like to help and because there is a big danger involved in the improper combination of equipment which can result in a multi thousand dollar error. No one likes all work and no play and the safety valve has been a great place to socialize and a great place to have a sense of community which one won't get in the forums and which don't belong there. Why is it that now, after all this time, I feel like the puzzled school kid who catches hell for playing at recess and at the hands of people who've done more "chatting" themselves than any of us?

I've tried to encourage people (more than most .. including the moderators) that things are going to get better and that things are looking up. I, and others, have tried to get people spirits up only to get dumped on and return the site back to a state of doubt and depression. What the hell's the use.

I GUESS THAT THIS IS JUST ANOTHER BITCH THAT NO ONE WILL BOTHER READING. I SUPPOSE TOO THAT SOMEONE WILL COME BACK, POST A PIC AND CALL ME A DRAMA QUEEN!

Good night all. I'll come back in a day or two when I'm not so damned fed up.

Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2007
  17. NicHt

NicHt Regular member

@Gerry1 I am not too sure if this applies to what you are saying but:
    -The safety valve is the SAFETY VALVE! I am too sick and tired of random mod's telling everyone (me) that the threads are pointless... If I want to post a thread about an awesome dog I found out about on the internet I should be able to without anyone saying 'ohh thats pointless' thats not the problem, the real problem is, is that half these threads belong in the 'all other topics' forum for the sole reason that they are not stupid. If the safety valve isn't for stupid and crappily thought out threads than what is it? If it isn't for what I just said, then we might as well have 2 'all other topics' forums.

18. NicHt

NicHt Regular member

-and no, I do not want to edit my first post.
    Gerry I am reading, I know what you are bitching about, and I know too well nothing will change. Because someone will post a pic and will call you a drama queen, because people don't LEARN. History repeats, we are spiralling into hell ladies and gentlemen, if we don't do something now, were f***ed

19. ChrisC586

ChrisC586 Regular member

My Bitch I don't post much in the forums , by the time I see something a member with much greater knowledge has already answered so I read the replys and links to furthur my own knowledge [ call this lurking or whatever] so then I come to the SV maybe just for the friendship relaxing and seeing what's the bitch for the day [permanent marker in shirt still ROFL] but in the past few weeks seems like I don't know if it's safe or not to even say hello. This is not meant to start a debate but from my perspective a little unsure of whats what.So how many others are in the same boat as me . If I do post and it's wrong let me know kindly please. Evening to all Chris

20. ireland

ireland Active member

per drd,

Safety valve
    Feel like letting off some steam? Just want to tell everyone how much the world sucks today? Or how wonderful it is? Go ahead!

that says it all..i do agree some thread like neph gun thread must stay on topic...
    this thread and the old-timers thread is more or less any topic threads..as that was the way i set them up..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.