1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lets Paint The Kettle Black,Do You Have A Bitch On Whats Going On Around The Site Or Any Thing Negative To Report

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by ireland, Mar 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ireland

ireland Active member

my bitch for today
    who wants microwave popcorn with butter after reading this

Lung disease linked to flavoring chemical
    A transplant is reportedly the only cure.
    The disease, also known as popcorn workers lung, slowly eliminates lung capacity.

The Post reported that since 2001, academic studies have linked the disease with an artificial butter flavoring called diacetyl, often used in microwave popcorn flavoring plants. Flavoring manufacturers have paid out more than $100 million in lawsuits from workers who have gotten sick with lung ailments during the past five years.

2. billybob

billybob Regular member

Oooooo i fancy some microwave popcorn actually.
    Thanks ireland :D

3. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

@NicHt

Remember this: "The worst day fishing is still better than the best day ever at work." :)

You also have to fish where the fish live. LMAO

Piscaro, ergo sum.

Last edited: May 7, 2007
  4. Domreis

Domreis Regular member

My Bitch- TOOK FIRE & RESCUE 22 MINUTES TO RESPOND TO AN ACCIDENT 6 MILES AWAY FROM ONE FIRE STATION & 8 MILES AWAY FROM ANOTHER!

http://www.tdn.com/articles/2007/05/07/area_news/news06.txt

I was almost in that car! It happened 1/4 of a mile from my house. Mitch was taking myself and 2 other of my neighbors home from a party. He dropped us off out our houses and went home.

The part that ticks me off is why dose it take fire & Rescue 22 minutes to respond. The first vehicle was an aid car. Life light landed about 8 minutes later and then the ambulance. That is outrageous. I am so thankful I wasn't in the car. Nick is in ICU with internal bleeding in the brain with a fever of 102*
    I just am wondering if it would have turned out any different if fire and rescue had gotten their sooner.

5. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

@Domreis...well, that's certainly a legit bitch! I guess there is no real way to know if things had gone better had they arrived earlier but one thing is for sure; it couldn't hurt! I'm glad you weren't in the car though; we like having you around....Gerry

6. billybob

billybob Regular member

Woah! Isnt that strange how you were nearly in the car!

7. Domreis

Domreis Regular member

Well yeah... It has now been 2 days and they had to paralyze him because he is trying to breathe on his own a bit. If he doesn't make it my friend Mitch Will be charged with Vehicular Man Slater!!! That is outrageous He wasn't speeding or anything.

8. Jaybo

Jaybo Guest

Domreis,

To give an answer to your question, unfortunately is no clear answer. Trauma to the brain can be devastating in any form. Neurologists have been studying the brain for years. Every time they achieve success, that is then applied to the next time. Subdural, and epidural hematoma can affect individuals differently. Speech, memory (long,and short term), coordination, vision, and other complications. I know that an epidural hematoma can take a life within 5 minutes.

Pray for your friends, and their families.

Stem cell research for brain implant was scheduled for testing in 2005, unfortunately, , ,that was canceled in the U.S.

Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2007
  9. Domreis

Domreis Regular member

I have just heard that he has be paralyzed, and is starting to breath on his own with pure oxygen... It is a little better than it was though.

10. NicHt

NicHt Regular member

Were would that be? Ireland's pants? :p Only eels be there! roflmao

And another bitch!
    I received my aptitude test results today, apparently I would be best suited as a Shepard...

11. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

@NicHt

You have to find them. Unless you can get some idiot to tell you where he caught them! That's why they call it "fishing" and not "catching" LOL

That would be "shepherd" in case you end up as one.

Last edited: May 8, 2007
  12. ireland

ireland Active member

GOOD MORNING

what ye bad boy Canadians do now?

Fronted by their their MPAA, and backed by the George W. Bush administration, Time Warner, Viacom, Fox, Sony, NBC Universal and Disney are claiming up to 50% of movies which show up online illegally are Made in Canada.

Hollywood bans Canada,[​IMG]

LINK TO ARTICLE

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/77/295688#3056500

13. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

@Domeris ... a charge of "vehicular manslaughter" isn't necessarily what it sounds like. In many states, unless there are other charges like DWI, Driving to endander etc., you're not arrested or anything like that. In a lot of states, even if you're not guilty of anything and not in the wrong in any way, you're still charged with vehicular manslaughter ... its a formality in which they present the determination that the driver was not at fault and the death accidental. It doesn't follow you around like an arrest record. It happened to a friend of mine in florida when he killed a kid that ran right if front of his truck. They really should call it something else I guess. The cops in florida at least had the decency to tell my friend that it wasn't what it sounded like and that is was a formality or inquest to formally determine the incident as an "accidental death."

14. ireland

ireland Active member

15. billybob

billybob Regular member

Im a photobucket user but i dno whether to be happy or not.

16. ireland

ireland Active member

ANOTHER 19 YEAR OLD STUDENT SHOOTING IN CALIFORNIA,ONE DEAD

Breaking News 1 Killed, 2 Wounded in Shooting Near California State-Fresno Campus..

not on the wire to post more info,just was on tv-fox

Last edited: May 8, 2007
  17. Lp531

Lp531 Regular member

Fresno State student from Hayward sought in killing over Playstation
    By Garance Burke
    Associated Press
    Article Launched: 05/08/2007 08:52:31 AM PDT

FRESNO - Police and federal agents launched a manhunt today for a college student who allegedly opened fire at an apartment near California State University, Fresno, killing one man and wounding two others in a dispute over a Playstation video game console, authorities said.
    Police initially believed Jonquel Brooks, 19, of Hayward, was still inside University Village Apartments, but expanded the search to surrounding areas and other parts of Fresno after they determined he had fled, said Jeff Cardinale, a spokesman for the Fresno Police Department. U.S. Marshals and parole fugitive teams were taking part in the search.
    Brooks, who was majoring in criminology at Fresno State, was believed to be armed and dangerous, and the weapon used in the shootings had not been recovered, police said. Investigators did not believe Brooks had any accomplices.
    Police were communicating with Brooks by phone and negotiating for his surrender. The suspect's mother and father were participating in the negotiations, and the father had already arrived at Fresno police headquarters, said Police Chief Jerry Dyer.
    The suspect had arranged to turn himself in at headquarters at 9 a.m., but failed to appear. Brooks had told police he was trying to get an attorney and would turn himself in after he secured one, he said.
    "I would tell Jonquel that he is in very serious trouble, and he is wanted for murder," Dyer said.
    Police said there was no indication that Brooks was on
    campus and had not told university police that classes should be suspended.
    The incident began when Brooks got into a confrontation with four men over the Playstation console shortly after 11 p.m. Monday before he pulled out a gun and started firing, Cardinale said.
    "This is not another Virginia Tech," Cardinale said. "This is simply a dispute between one person and a group of individuals."
    The Fresno County Coroner's Office identified the deceased victim as a Brant Daniels, 19, who had moved from the Los Angeles area to attend Fresno State but was not a current student.
    The wounded men, 19 and 22, were taken to a hospital to be treated for gunshot wounds. One was a current student and the other was planning to enroll, police said. It was unclear what happened to the fourth man.
    Six apartments were cordoned off today as police examined blood evidence in a hallway at the large pink-and-beige stucco complex, which surrounds a center courtyard and pool.
    A man with a bloody bandage on his left shoulder who described himself as one of the victims told The Associated Press the dispute started when he and the other victims accused Brooks of stealing a Playstation video game console and game.
    "The guy who shot us - he had stolen from our apartment. We went to confront him with the evidence and it just turned ugly from there. He pulled a gun out on us," said Drew Pfeiff, 22, a Fresno State junior from Raleigh, N.C.
    Brooks fired five or six times, grazing Pfeiff, he said.
    "I hope they find him," Pfeiff said. "People don't deserve to die for stupid stuff like this."
    A woman who said she was Brooks' ex-girlfriend described him as a "fine, normal, goofy, silly" teen who wanted to be a parole officer.
    "I'm a little upset at him that he did what he did," said Meosha Chase, 19, a Fresno State freshman from Oakland. "I never would have expected it from him. You don't wish this on anybody."
    Chase, who said she lived in the apartment below Brooks, said she had stopped talking to him in the last several months and had no idea what could have caused him to snap.
    Residents of University Village, located just north of Bulldog Stadium, were evacuated and sent to sleep in a campus dining hall, she said.
    The campus, which has about 20,000 students, remained open while school officials waited for direction from the police, said Tom Uribe, a university spokesman.
    "We were assured by the police that the campus was safe and we're waiting to hear more," he said. "We may have to re-evaluate, but this is all developing quickly."
    The university sent out a notice to students, faculty and staff Tuesday morning and posted an alert on the school's Web site. The school offered accommodations and counseling to students affected by the shooting.
    "It's getting a little close to home," said Cory Medigovich, 22, a senior at Fresno State.
    Brooks graduated last year from Hayward High School.
    The school's principal, Mary Anne Heather, said he was a well-liked student who played for the basketball team, competed in school talent shows as a skilled break-dancer and won a competition for an essay describing his future goals and ambitions.
    "I'm in absolute shock. I knew the child, and I never knew him in a negative way," Heather said. "This is a person who stood out for his personality and his drive and determination. For him to do this is inconceivable."

18. greensman

greensman Regular member

That's not to far from you is it Lp531? Howdy my friend. :)

There has to be more to this. A "normal" teen doesn't pull out a pistol and start shooting for no known reason. Who are the other 4 involved really? I've got plenty of questions and hopefully there are some answers to come soon.

Another thing that will be brought up is the need for more stringent laws pertaining to gun control. BS I say. People are going to do something no matter what if they are disturbed or don't use modicum of control. A knife, baseball bat, crow bar, tire tool, etc., and the list goes on and on can be used to kill someone else. Admittedly a semi-automatic weapon can do some real damage but come on people; People kill people not the weapon they use. Are we gonna outlaw kitchen culinary ware next?? This doesn't need to get out of hand I say.

OK OFF soap box now. Sorry for my semi-rant.

Everyone have a nice day. :)

...gm

19. billybob

billybob Regular member

Why dont they ban guns in america? Isnt it THAT easy?

20. 2colors

2colors Guest

Because when they outlaw guns. Only outlaws will have guns. Sounds silly but it's true. Look at other things that aren't legal. DWI,Pot,Certain Sex Acts,Burning movie's that don't belong to you. How many people do you think do any of the above that are not legal? Sounds off the wall but I think we should all be allowed to carry a personal defense weapon. Just answer no on the form that asked if your mentally disturbed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.