1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lets Paint The Kettle Black,Do You Have A Bitch On Whats Going On Around The Site Or Any Thing Negative To Report

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by ireland, Mar 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lp531

Lp531 Regular member

@greensman & billybob
    Fresno is about 90 min from Modesto...It is the first major city south of Motown (local nickname for Modesto)...I'm sure that their is more to come out of this story...
    The 4 victims went to confront the shooter...They obviously went their to act BadAss...and they came across someone who was a lot Badder then they anticipated...
    I believe in logical gun controls...We don't need everyone to have a fully automatic assault weapon with 200 rounds...However...All Law abiding Citizens should always have the Right to Protect them selves with Firearms from criminals...I firmly believe in the Right to Bear Arms...

Lets face it...criminals will always carry Firearms...and they will always have access to them...I want to at least have the same Right as a Criminal...and have legal access to one myself...

Besides...Guns can be Fun..:)

2. greensman

greensman Regular member

Amen brother!!!

3. ireland

ireland Active member

MY BITCH FOR TODAY

Used CD Legislation Slows Used Game Sales

New legislation governing the sale of used CDs essentially puts the sale of used game CDs into the same category as things sold at a pawnshop, with the same limitations and restrictions. Good idea? Bad idea? Useful or useless legislation? Hit the comments link below and share your thoughts.

Florida's new legislation goes well beyond the measures of a traditional pawn shop law. The state now requires all retailers selling second-hand CDs to acquire a permit and invest in a $10,000 security bond through the Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services. Stores must fingerprint individuals trading in CDs, copy their state identification, and pay them only in store credit; traded CDs must be held for 30 days before being resold.

LINK FOR THE TOTAL STORY
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/77/295688#3057455

4. Lp531

Lp531 Regular member

@ireland
    These new CD legislations are ridiculous...This points out the biggest flaw is the government of the =USA=...Lobbyist...Lobbing should be outlawed...It is nothing more then a way for politicians to receive kickbacks...This...More then anything else is destroying the =USA=...

5. Domreis

Domreis Regular member

Well my friend nick just went into cardiac arrest this morning. They were able to revive him, but it isn't looking good. The police officers are now clameing that Mitch the Driver was moving at 62 MPH in a 35 MPH zone. He has a court hearing tomorrow.

About 9:00 PM there was another accident in the same area. Two accidents in one weekend isn't good. Something needs to be done. The lady driving suffered a broken Femur.

6. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

@domeris ... our prayers and best wishes as with you and your buddy.

@Ireland...if memory serves, there was, some twenty years ago, a ruling that copying a VHS tape was perfectly legal; I believe it was compared to photocopying. How can laws governing DVDs and CDs be different?

7. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

@Domreis

Sorry about your friend. I hope he makes it.

Also if the driver has a fairly recent car it will have a little black box, that will tell the police just how fast he was going. Much like a jet's black box. Sooner or later the insurance companies will have opportunity to access the information any time they want it. Kind of like Dad watching over your shoulder, or a "BIG BROTHER" while you drive.

8. Domreis

Domreis Regular member

No black box. I just found out how fast he rely was going. One of the first questions the police officer asked him was "How fast were you going" He told the officer the first time 65MPH in a 35MPH zone. He didn't tell anyone that until today. Before today he told everyone he was going 40MPH.

Nick is having surgery tomorrow. It isn't looking to good right now. It is so horrible, no one has been able to see him, not even the parents. The doctors are saying the voices of people would put stress on his brain.

Today after school everyone who was at the party went to the scene of the accident, and laid flowers. There were allot of tears and hugs. The part that pissed me off was the media. A neighbor tipped off Coin 6 News, and they had cameras in our faces half the time. There were also picketers there trying to prove their point of not letting people get their license until they are 18. There has been so many horrible things happening in this small community lately. I am just so pissed at Coin News 6 right now... I don't even know what to say.

Last edited: May 8, 2007
  9. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

the media amounts to nothing more than leeches. i hate them all just as much as you do, dom.

10. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

Gerry
    I'm not Ireland, but it hinges on digital encryption. The US signed the DMCA and there are other international treaties concerning digital copyright protection. That nullifies the ruling on copying VHS in relation to digitally protected DVDs. I think the way the governments differentiates is just a loophole in favor of the entertainment industry. Until the law is changed, it's illegal to bypass digital copy protection.

11. billybob

billybob Regular member

Good luck and best wishes for your freind... domreis.

12. Pop_Smith

Pop_Smith Regular member

My complaint for the day:

I got the new "update" for my 360. Because I am supposed to be able to stream videos from my PC to the XBox now, cool (on paper!).

Well you have to install the Zune P.o.S. software. I installed it thinking, it shouldn't be that bad. I thought its probably just a re-skinned iTunes and there ya go.

Wrong the stupid software doesn't even function! I installed it and fired it up but it gets stuck, a window that is black with shinny black things that look to be ment for buttons is all that appears.

I waited ~5 minutes before force ending it. I discovered when you force-end it the software popups up as though freed from some memory allocation (or something) problem.

Well I uninstalled it and ran CCleaner to get rid of anything it left behind and cold-booted. I then installed it again and re-booted before touching it. I logged in and tried running it but ran into the same problem.

Hopefully they will fix it soon! (Yeah....right)

Peace

13. tranquash

tranquash Regular member

and i bet mr gates is laughing hi$ aSS off in a beach somewhere...

14. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

my bitch for the day is sports related...

1. david ortiz busted for steroids
    2.My reds Lose again
    3. Dale Jr. is leaving dei

15. MichaelP1

MichaelP1 Guest

Rob is Dale Jr. going to Childress racing?

16. blivetNC

blivetNC Regular member

@Rob,
    Your bitches, in order,
    1. drugs kill, deal with it,
    2. Reds, Lose, each has 4 letters. Red Sox and Winner each have 6 letters. Coincidence, I think not.
    3. Jr is trying to get out from under mom's apron strings, er in this case tool belt.. Jr. will do better away from DEI. Current buzz here.
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18581468/

Last edited: May 9, 2007
  17. Lp531

Lp531 Regular member

@ cincyrob
    Dale will do better financially as a team owner...that is why he is making the change...

Plus...he gets to snub his step mom...which you know...is an added perk right now..]:)

18. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

LMAO!

19. ireland

ireland Active member

2-bitches,Safety valve is sucking air for the last week or so

DVDs ship with anti-theft chip

Cuts down shop lifting

By Nick Farrell: Thursday 10 May 2007, 09:37
    RETAILERS are being offered an RFID chip that stops a DVD being read until it is activated.

The chip is fixed to a DVD, along with a thin coating of goo that blocks a DVD player from reading the disc. Activating the chip sends an electrical pulse through the coating, which turns it clear and allows the disk to be read.

The RFID chip is being made by NXP Semiconductors and the Radio Frequency Activation technology comes from Kestrel Wireless.

The two companies claim they have interested two Hollywood studios in the technology and it should be around later this year.

According to Associated Press, the big idea is that by having technology that renders stolen products useless, retailers could display items openly, thus encouraging more sales.

The tactic of displaying the cases while keeping the DVDs locked in a drawer near the cash register seems doomed. µ

20. ZippyDSM

ZippyDSM Active member

whatever happen to the anti shoplifting device in the case?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.