1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lets Paint The Kettle Black,Do You Have A Bitch On Whats Going On Around The Site Or Any Thing Negative To Report

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by ireland, Mar 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pop_Smith

Pop_Smith Regular member

With the DVD issue: All someone (I am sure it would happen days before the tech actually was set in retail stores) would steal a scanner or whatever they use to activate the chip, dismantel it and find a way to either:

A: create your own

B: find how the tech works and by pass it using low-tech items.

2. ZippyDSM

ZippyDSM Active member

nothing like 30$ worth of stuff to crack 500% worth in protections..its almost as bad as a 4 grand key maker at a auto dealer not being able to finish the keying on a new key and has to send it out to a hardware store 0-o

3. ireland

ireland Active member

4. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

Ireland's article:

Haven't they forgotten illegal chinese smuggled bootlegs? Wouldn't that make it about 150%?

5. ZippyDSM

ZippyDSM Active member

gerry1
    more like 200% :X

6. Ripper

Ripper Active member

Everyone knows the MPAA are full of sh1t.

Lol.

7. ireland

ireland Active member

another bitch,

think about this

Experts agree that when used correctly, such scans can save lives. However, according to some estimates, the radiation exposure a patient receives from a full-body CT scan is often 500 times that of a conventional X-ray and about the same as that received by people living 2.4 kilometres away from the centres of the World War II atomic blasts in Japan.

Science & Technology News Service

8. Lp531

Lp531 Regular member

I knew it...The Peabody Award Winning "South Park" was Right...BLAME CANADA...BLAME CANADA...

9. ireland

ireland Active member

A VERY BIG BITCH

Use Internet Explorer At Your Own Peril

Malicious hackers are increasing using mainstream and popular web sites to spread their spyware and adware.
    Cybercrooks are corrupting Web pages by the tens of thousands. By tapping holes in the Internet Explorer browser, they implant tiny programs that connect the PC of anyone who simply clicks on the tainted page to a “mother ship” server, often in Russia or China.

That central server collects data typed into online forms — banking log-ins and shopping cart transactions, for instance. It also hijacks the captured PC into a network of compromised PCs, known as “bots,” to spread spam.

In one recent sweep, security firm Cyveillance identified 50,000 corrupted pages. Websense estimates the actual number may be 10 times that.

Cyveillance often recovers caches of sensitive data for 10,000 to 200,000 individuals stored on mother ship servers, says product manager James Brooks.

I’ll never figure out why anyone continues to use Internet Explorer once they’re told about Firefox and Opera and how much safer and better each of them are. Everyone also needs to keep their anti-virus and anti-spyware programs up to date and active.

If this story doesn’t convince you, you might as well just turn over your computer to the malicious hackers as they’ll soon have control of it anyway.

Malware and adware is increasingly used and connected to identity theft. Often these packages the hackers are silently installing contain keyloggers and other programs that capture your bank logins and credit card numbers along with other personal information. They either sell this information, extort you, or use it to commit identity theft themselves. Worse, once this stuff gets on your computer it’s nearly impossible to get completely off.

[Hackers set traps on broad websites]
    http://www.lockergnome.com/nexus/usrbingeek/2007/05/11/use-internet-explorer-at-your-own-peril/

10. ireland

ireland Active member

ANOTHER BIG BIG BITCH

MS update ate my CPU cycles

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/05/11/ms_update_glitch/
    Tarpit
    By John Leyden → More by this author
    Published Friday 11th May 2007 15:35 GMT

The latest batch of patches from Microsoft has left some users in the slow lane.

After applying the seven critical updates released by Redmond, some punters are finding their processor's resources eaten by an application called svchost.exe, in a way that mimics a viral infection. Svchost.exe is a generic name for services that run from dynamic-link libraries (DLLs).

Outlook 2003 users have been hardest hit, with some linking the application's slow-down to the effects of a cumulative update to Internet Explorer. However, the effect is far from limited to Outlook 2003 users.

The issue has cropped up on the WSUS (Windows Server Update Services) blog and among reports to the SANS Institute's Internet Storm Centre (ISC). The precise cause of the problem remains unclear. Microsoft is yet to respond to our requests to shed some light on the problem.

Some users are experiencing relief by applying a hot fix issued to address problems involving non-response of svchost.exe (not exactly the symptom most are reporting) prior to upgrading their Windows Update client, ISC reports. Your mileage may vary.

You receive an access violation error when you try to install an update from Windows Update or from Microsoft Update after you apply hotfix package KB916089

SYMPTOMS
    When you try to install an update from Windows Update or from Microsoft Update, you experience the following symptoms:
    • The Svchost.exe process that runs Windows Update stops responding.
    • You receive an access violation error. This access violation stops the Server service and the Workstation service.
    You experience this problem after you install the hotfix that is described in the following Microsoft Knowledge Base article:

HOT FIX KB916089

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=927891

11. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

Ireland, do ye ever find any good news about Micro$hit? Makes me scared to even boot up anymore. LOL

12. billybob

billybob Regular member

I stay with windows xp cause most things are designed for it now...so just pure compatability and the fact that everyone i know has it so if i need to help them out...

13. blivetNC

blivetNC Regular member

Fear the Penguin Bill, fear the Penguin,
    Check out Linux, Mandriva has works wonderfully for me, others swear by OpenSuse, Dell will be offering Ubuntu on their systems, the Frogs are adopting Ubuntu for their computers, the future revolution has started Bill. Fear the Penguin.

14. ireland

ireland Active member

MICROSOFT WINDOWS VISTA AND XP PROGRAMMER

15. blivetNC

blivetNC Regular member

@Ireland,
    if it really was a Micro$oft Vista programmer, he would have stuck up his you know where before pulling the trigger.

16. ireland

ireland Active member

MY BITCH FOR TODAY

http://p2pnet.net/story/12204

SECOND BITCH

http://www.myfoxdfw.com/myfox/pages...n=1&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=3.2.1

Last edited: May 12, 2007
  17. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

@Ireland ... that's some pretty sick stuff. In my very first week on the job as a social worker sixteen years ago, we had a girl in the office who had a baby at the age of 10! I didn't even think that was physiologically possible! She was raped by her own father. I've seen some seriously strange things in my line of work but at least I deal with adults; I don't think I could deal with some of the things my coworkers deal with.

My bitch du jour: political campagne TV commercials and phone calls. I've turned my answering machine off.

18. billybob

billybob Regular member

Wasnt the baby disabled or anything? Did she actually go through with having the baby?

19. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

@Billyboy ... yes, she did have the baby but I don't know if it had any disabilities; she was in our office but I didn't have any direct dealings with it. I know why you ask though; there is a HUGE problem with that in our Amish communities; many marry through their church and not civil authority so there is no way to monitor it ... they marry their own cousins etc and have been doing so for generations so the disability and MH/MR problems are huge.

20. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.