1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lets Paint The Kettle Black,Do You Have A Bitch On Whats Going On Around The Site Or Any Thing Negative To Report

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by ireland, Mar 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ireland

ireland Active member

Last edited: May 21, 2007
  2. Shado36

Shado36 Guest

Bitch of the day - my eldest came up from OOS & it was a big anti climax! Have not seen her for 6yrs and she did not want to do anything except wait by her mobile for her worthless fiancee who beat her up/was unfaithful & put her in hospital! She has an engagement ring coming that is costing $40000 and she is 27yrs old. She was delayed arriving & leaving by Northwest (who have also damaged her suitcase) and ended up spending aanother night in MI.

3. ireland

ireland Active member

THIS IS A BITCH YE ALL WILL LIKE
    DDP JUMP ON THIS

One of the best HDD utilities is free

Seagate's new drive utility worth a solid gold

By Theo Valich: Tuesday 22 May 2007, 18:51
    EVERY HARD DRIVE manufacturer usually offers some piece of software that will ease the moving of stuff between the drives, but also proves a good backup tool.

Usually, the hard drive manufacturers team up with utility makers and offer baseline features. Until now, that is.

Seagate has released a version of Disc Wizard and Maxtor's Max Blast 5, but what makes these utilities highly on the "me want" list is the fact that both are based on the OEM version of the excellent True Image app. Disc Wizard and Max Blast utilities now offer a plethora of options that give people options previously offered only by commercial applications. Disc Wizard/Max Blast feature disk drive cloning, full disk imaging, formatting drives, creating partitions, erasing all the data on the drive - for the best price of them all.

There is a grand total of 14 supported languages, and is totally free for owners of hard drives manufactured by Seagate or companies owned by Seagate. You need to have at least one drive in order for this utility to work, but worst case scenario would be using those external USB 2.0 drives by Seagate... when it comes to distribution, you can find this utility on CDs that are shipping with retail drives, or simply download the latest version.

Acronis is a well known company in this biz, but we were surprised to see both Seagate and Acronis keeping their mouths shut and not talking out loud about the co-operation. We wonder is there some agreement over keeping this cooperation silent, but Seagate missed out the fact that this hack uses Seagate drives. If you own Seagate or Maxtor hard drive, don't think - just follow our complementary L'INQs to get the software. µ

L'INQ
    Seagate DiscWizard
    http://www.seagate.com/ww/v/index.j...toid=d9fd4a3cdde5c010VgnVCM100000dd04090aRCRD

Maxtor MaxBlast
    http://www.seagate.com/ww/v/index.j...toid=7add8b9c4a8ff010VgnVCM100000dd04090aRCRD

Acronis website
    http://www.acronis.com/

4. billybob

billybob Regular member

Hey gerry. Yes Neverhaps right. It means studying all day, but in a more "refresh your memory" way. But being me with my attention span in school, i tend to be teaching myself along the way aswell lmao.

5. Pop_Smith

Pop_Smith Regular member

Well here is my bitch of the day:

My dad decided (he paid me for it though!) that he wanted my Dell monitor (20" UltraSharp wide-screen) for work. So I am stuck on an old Dell monitor that for some reason has a discolored picture.

Well, I told my dad "OK, I will just get the 24" instead and you can buy my 20" from me."

So I looked online and noticed that Dell, due to its two Kiosks in my state, charged me sales tax when I bought online. According to the Dell website the Kiosks "Have the same pricing and discounts as Dell.com".

Well, I called the Kiosk and asked if they had the 24" Flat Panel UltraSharp. They said they had it and it was $569. I assumed that meant I could pick it up at the mall, instead of having it shipped, so I thought "Why the hell not"?

Well, turns out you can just demo products a few of the Dell products at the Kiosk and order, via the Dell website, items you want right from the Kiosk. This means you have to pay shipping (currently free) and sales tax. Well, that means I basically have to pay $5 for shipping (as most online places don't need to charge sales tax) and have to wait until about friday to get my new monitor :(.

Peace

6. ireland

ireland Active member

MY BITCH OF THE DAY

MS Wants To Identify All Web Surfers
    Posted by kdawson on Tuesday May 22, @07:19PM
    from the time-to-visit-more-health-sites dept.
    Microsoft
    Moochman writes "New Scientist reports on a technology Microsoft is developing to identify users based on their browsing habits. Quote: 'The software could get its raw information from a number of sources, including a new type of 'cookie' program that records the pages visited. Alternatively, it could use your PC's own cache of web pages, or proxy servers could maintain records of sites visited. So far it can only guess gender and age with any accuracy,' but the aim is to be able to identify name, occupation and location as well. On a related note, The Inquirer reports on Microsoft's plans to widen the use of its identity-verification technology CardSpace, which is built into Windows Vista and available as an add-on to XP. It's being envisioned as an identity solution for the entire internet: says Kim Cameron, pioneer of the technology, 'We feel it has to solve all use cases.' (Aha, so the anonymous use cases, too, eh?) One might ask, with all of this user-ID information on hand, how long will it be until the Feds come knocking on Microsoft's door asking for help? They already have."

New software can identify you from your online habits
    LINK

http://www.newscientisttech.com/article.ns?id=mg19426046.400&feedId=being-human_rss20

Last edited: May 22, 2007
  7. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

Last edited by a moderator: May 22, 2007
  8. billybob

billybob Regular member

You guys could find me a HD LCD tv that can double up as a pc monitor in ENGLAND if you like :p For the cheapest you can find it lol! :D Ive given up hope on looking.

9. billybob

billybob Regular member

10. billybob

billybob Regular member

11. Neverhap

Neverhap Guest

Wow, many thanks for that link. I cannot believe they are giving this away. I installed it on a friends computer, and backed up his C drive, and also created a bootable CD, for restores.

Great stuff, again thanks.

12. ireland

ireland Active member

my bitch for today

Student dies after being shot in Toronto school

Updated Wed. May. 23 2007 5:40 PM ET

toronto.ctv.ca

A Toronto school shooting has claimed the life of a 14-year-old boy and forced a lockdown as police investigate the incident.

Police Chief Bill Blair confirmed the fatality to reporters while at the school hours after the incident occurred.

The teen was taken to Sunnybrook Hospital with serious injuries but doctors were unable to save him. The hospital has a trauma unit that often treats gunshot victims in the city.

The victim was shot while on the second floor of the school near a swimming pool, but it's unclear what type of weapon was used

link to story
    http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNe...chool_shooting_070523/20070523?hub=TopStories

13. billybob

billybob Regular member

For christs sake!

14. billybob

billybob Regular member

I have a bitch.

Whoever made www.ouou.com ought to be persecuted!!

What slow streaming speeds, and if thats not enough, when uve finally waited an hour, you try to rewind it or something and whole dam video F**KS up and you have to start all over again!! Im so annooyed.

15. ireland

ireland Active member

A GOOD BITCH

Just like last time, Google is taking the initial step. Google has doubled their maximum attachment size per message from 10MB to 20MB. However, it won’t be long before Yahoo and Microsoft will grudgingly respond and break the 10MB standard. It should be noted that until then, few mail providers will accept such a big message, unless the receiver is paying for it.

LINK
    http://www.neowin.net/index.php?act=view&id=40485

16. Pop_Smith

Pop_Smith Regular member

An easier way?

Yeah so I am trying to make a friend a DVD out of some Anime he gave me.

Well its in a funny format (OGM) and after I found a way to convert to DVD (with CCE!) I found out the program (AVi2DVD) only supports chapters that you code in seconds.

Here is the pickle, each one is approx. 21 and a half minutes long, give or take 5 seconds. But I am not sure how to find the starting points of each episode.

Here is what I did:
    first ep. ends at 1299 seconds, so 1300 is the start of episode 2.
    To find 3 I figured I would have to do this:
    1300+1296 (ending of 2) which gives me 2596.

The problem: the series is 25(!) episodes long which means a lot of confusing adding!

Any help is welcome!

Peace

17. Neverhap

Neverhap Guest

VobBlanker has the capability to tell it where to start and end, and then use Shrink to re-author all the episodes you created with VobBlanker. It is fairly easy to do, but still time-consuming.

Best of luck.

18. Pop_Smith

Pop_Smith Regular member

Neverhap:
    Thanks!! :)

I will try it!

Do I need to mess with VobBlanker settings at all? Its got TONS of options.

19. Neverhap

Neverhap Guest

No, not at all, here's how:
    1 select the VTS for it
    2 Select it from the list of PGC's (Usually the first one) you'll know it by it's duration.
    3 click preview/cut
    4. in the pop up screen top left hand corner in the go to box use the drop down to go to cell 1 and then use the slider to pick your start frame.directly to the right it says initial mark. click the mark button to lock it in. as well as the [ button at the bottom right of the preview screen
    5. back in the go to box use the drop down to get to the 2nd to last cell. A preview will appear on the screen. If it's the credits, go to the 3rd to last cell and so on untill you find the end of the movie. use the slider to select the end frame. then go to your right again and this time click the mark button in the end mark box. as well as the ] button @ the bottom right.
    6. if you are satisfied with your selection click ok. watch the size shrink before your very eyes as you click ok. It's AMAZZZING.

Of course, this is probably not the correct thread to be posting this info, and the mods can, at their discretion remove it or move it.

Just trying to help, best of luck.

20. ireland

ireland Active member

a good bitch,
    but!!!!
    studios side business
    i see they want to make more ($) by selling dvd disks and burners

Thursday May 24, 2007
    Copying HD DVD And Blu-ray May Become Legal

MacWorld says that an agreement, in its final stages, with the movie industry could mean that consumers may get the right to make several legal copies of the Blu-ray and HD DVD movies they’ve purchased.

The agreement, if supported by movie studios and film companies, could allow a consumer to make a backup copy in case their original disc is damaged and another copy for their home media server, said Michael Ayers, a representative of an industry group that licenses the AACS (Advanced Access Content System) copy-prevention system.

link to the total article

http://www.macworld.com/news/2007/05/24/copying/index.php

Last edited: May 24, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.