1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lets Paint The Kettle Black,Do You Have A Bitch On Whats Going On Around The Site Or Any Thing Negative To Report

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by ireland, Mar 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. billybob

billybob Regular member

Oh dear lol.

So heeres the situation, i have some deep cuts on the top of my forearm, and i need to know how to prevent it scarring??

Its not hugely deep but theres a chance it will scar...need some advice.

2. ireland

ireland Active member

GET A HAIR CUT

billybob had just gotten his driving permit. He asked his father, who was a minister, if they could discuss the use of the car. His father took him to his study and said to him, "I'll make a deal with you. You bring your grades up, study your Bible a little and get your hair cut and we'll talk about it."

After about a month the boy came back and again asked his father if they could discuss use of the car. They again went to the father's study where his father said, "Son, I've been real proud of you. You have brought your grades up, you've studied your Bible diligently, but you didn't get your hair cut!"

The young man waited a moment and replied, "You know Dad, I've been thinking about that. You know, Samson had long hair, Moses had long hair, Noah had long hair, and even Jesus had long hair...."

To which his father replied, "Yes, and they walked every where they went!"

3. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

Well, except Noah who took a Safari Cruise LOL!

@billyboy...they sell some ointment at the pharmacies which is supposed to minimize scarring ... just another snake oil if you ask me.

4. billybob

billybob Regular member

Vitamin E oil?

5. ireland

ireland Active member

heres a bith that will help us all in the usa

Here's the bad news: Gas prices hit a record high around Memorial Day and show no sign of declining anytime soon.
    Here's the good news: Already, 500,000 people have signed last week's petition asking Congress to make gas price gouging illegal. The American people have had enough, and it's time for a change.

But Big Oil is fighting new legislation tooth and nail, and the Senate is voting on an anti-price gouging bill in just two weeks. If we can reach 750,000 names, we'll hand deliver the petition to Congress to remind them we're watching.

Can you sign our petition telling Congress to pass a strong price gouging bill—and then pass this email on to your friends?

"Gasoline price gouging should be made a federal crime before the summer price increases hurt more American families."
    Clicking here adds your name to the petition:
    http://pol.moveon.org/stoppricegouging/one_click_sign.pl?id=10477-3676344-uA8Asj&t=3
    Big Oil will stop at nothing to protect their profits, and they've got lobbyists all over Capitol Hill.
    When the House passed a price gouging bill last week, the oil companies got language added at the last minute that makes the bill difficult to enforce.

But the new Congress has Big Oil worried. They started running ads last week to scare people into thinking that federal legislation will actually raise prices. As the Houston Chronicle reported:

The radio ads are part of a media campaign the trade group is funding, hoping to swat down calls for a new windfall profits tax on the oil industry and at fending off legislation to make price gouging at the pump a federal crime.1

The oil companies are out of control, but we're on to them. A lot of folks are already stretched to the limit, and these high gas prices are just too much. We're tired of policies that give billions to Big Oil, instead of supporting alternatives that would be better for the planet and our pocketbooks.

Our elected representatives hear every day on Capitol Hill from the oil companies, so the Senate needs to hear even louder from us not to cave and weaken the bill. We're hoping to get 750,000 signatures to deliver to Congress before the next vote. We're at 500,000 now. Can you sign our petition asking Congress to stand on the side of the American people?

http://pol.moveon.org/stoppricegouging/one_click_sign.pl?id=10477-3676344-uA8Asj&t=4
    Donna G., from Indiana, couldn't have said it better:
    Stop the insanity! We need the government's help to curb the huge profits going into the pockets of the oil barons while the rest of the nation is struggling just to make ends meet.

Thanks for all you do,
    –Ilyse, Justin, Eli
    Monday, June 4th, 2007
    Sources:
    1. "Energy ads beat up on the '70s," Houston Chronicle, June 1, 2007
    http://www.moveon.org/r?r=2641&id=10477-3676344-uA8Asj&t=5

6. billybob

billybob Regular member

Any other suggestions anyone?

7. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

Ireland the goverment is as much at fault as big oil. were are paying 50 cents to 60 cents a gallon in taxes, depending what state you're in over 60 cents in some states. thats about 10.00 dollars a fill up. so they need to lower the taxes before thay attack big oil. so theres blame to all involed and it will be the same ol same ol nothing will happen. and fact is the goverment makes more on a gallon of gas than the oil companys

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 4, 2007
  8. billybob

billybob Regular member

Congratulations, completely changed the subject ireland . Forget it.

9. ireland

ireland Active member

billbob this is what it says at the start of his thread,

Lets Paint The Kettle Black,Do We Have A Bitch On Whats Going On Around The Site

a public meeting place for open discussion

10. Ripper

Ripper Active member

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't that only added when people kicked up a fuss about all the irrelevent posting goin on in both this thread and the old timers one?

11. ireland

ireland Active member

ye guys do what ye want,i am going to the dollar store...

12. billybob

billybob Regular member

ok ireland :D i wont post in this thread anymore :) If thats the way its gonna be.

It normally happens....something i ask or someone else asks and a discussion starts or something...and then you post a huge newsflash thing and the subjects change. Its very rude, especially when its something quite serious like mine.

But forget it, thanks for your help gerry mate, and you ripper :D

I know it says that ireland, its not against any rules, its just plain damn rude. Besides, like ripper said...that was only edited to cover your ass.

Goodbye bitch thread.

13. Ripper

Ripper Active member

You seem to most of the time; why shouldnt we? Have fun with your shopping.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2007
  14. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

No such thing as irrelevant posting. I decided to come home early and I'm presently seeing the world in triplicate; I could never figure out how that can happen with only two eyes. Maybe the all seeing eye within but that is entirely too metaphysical for my current mental state...or lack thereof.

@Billyboy...perhaps "snake oil" is an american term. To make a long story short, its a name for medication which doesn't work and upon which they make profit. There are ointments which is supposed to reduce scarring; what I meant was, I just don't believe they really work. If its bad enough, it will scar. (What's the big deal about a scar; I'm covered with them. In the future, you can make up this huge whopper about how you got it LOL!)

Well, nap time for Gerry.

15. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

billybob, maybe most of us didn't have an anwser so we didn't respone. The thread isn't all about you or one certian person at a time its for everyone to post in as they wish call your're doctor or go to WebMD.com

16. Ripper

Ripper Active member

I think billybob was referring to a somewhat more general issue, but whatever.

Keep calm guys xD

:lol:

17. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

@gerry1

High blood sugar has wierd effect on ones eyes. My first time with HBS I could read fine print almost touching my eye and blurry far vision, just the opposite of my current eyesight. Just a thought. Get well my friend.

18. ireland

ireland Active member

Complications of Diabetes
    Eyes

People with diabetes more often have CATARACTS or clouding of the lens of the eye. In addition, they may develop GLAUCOMA or an increased pressure within the eye. Finally, if the blood sugar is high, the blood supply to the nerve layer of the eye (retina) may be affected. When blood sugars are high, the retina may not receive enough oxygen and we know that if there is a deficiency in oxygen, the eye tries to make up for this by manufacturing new blood vessels on the surface of the retina. These blood vessels are abnormal and may leak causing bleeding in the eye leading to blindness.
    http://www0.sw.org/dnet/edmanual/69.htm

19. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

Hmmmm ... I had cataracts eleven years ago; when I was 44. They told me I was awefully damned young for cataracts but thought it was do to a bike accident ... I went flying and I guess I must have covered my face with my forearm because I woke up the next day with two black eyes. Also, I lost my vision so rapidly that they thought they were "traumatic cataracts" which, they said, causes vision loss much faster.

Well, I should have all the test results on Wed. I have a suspicion that the glocose tolerance test didn't come out good. I'll know soon!

@Billyboy ... I sent you a PM in resonse to your's.

20. billybob

billybob Regular member

Did you know the sky was blue?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.