1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lets Paint The Kettle Black,Do You Have A Bitch On Whats Going On Around The Site Or Any Thing Negative To Report

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by ireland, Mar 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

@Billyboy and everyone: Billy, I mentioned it a PM but I think its important enough to mention here. If something is serious and important enough to you that things should "stay on topic", then you should start a thread with a specific topic. It is generally accepted that hyjacking someone's thread is rude; we even state so in the forum rules. If there is a subject that MUST stay on topic, this thread and the good morning etc. thread just isn't the place. What you complained about, billy, has happened to each and every one of us in the bitch thread and the old timers thread, it's happened to all of us multiple times but such is the way of things in threads created, essentially, without a specific topic ... threads created more to play in than anything else. Even this "bitch thread, though people usually start with a "bitch" often do so tongue in cheek and play with the subject. If Billy or me or Ripper or anyone want something sacrosanct to the poster or the subject, a thread should be started for that purpose. These two threads were started by Ireland, essentially, as a means to shoot the sh** and play....yes, its changed as time went on but it changed according to the needs of the people posting ... not to cover anyone's ass. It is due to Irelands efforts that we have this place to just socialize and have a good time. One doesn't seek serious advice at a comedy show or playground. Subjects serious to a person should start a thread where it will be taken seriously.

2. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

@gerry1

And I thought it was Yul Brenner (Rameses) that spaketh those immortal words.

Edit: It was Yul

http://www.filmsite.org/tenc.html

Moses confronts Rameses II: "Thus sayeth the Lord God of Israel: Let my people go." The Pharaoh also makes pronouncements: "So let it be written. So let it be done."

Last edited: Jun 4, 2007
  3. ChrisC586

ChrisC586 Regular member

gerry1 & garmoon now there's 2 people showing their age.I remembered Charlton Heston but not Yul Brenner! LOL Chris

4. FredBun

FredBun Active member

Well I'm off to the sky's tomorrow, UK here I come, billybob don't get down on yourself, make your points bitch about whatever you want.

gerry1, don't mean to get into your bussines, but take it from an old pain killers addict, I understand your pain, I'm not even gonna go into the things that are wrong with me but I do understand, I was on heavier things than you can imagine, 18 years of it, to the point I was taking so many so often nothing was working anymore, and when it came time to get off there was hell to pay, and I mean pure hell, when you are talking about oxysies and perc's thats not minor league, and getting off is not weeks or a couple months, the first month was hell, second wasnt to much better, it took a year before I started to feel normal, I mean if your in big time pain do what you gotta do, but be veeerrryy carefull.

5. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

@ChrisC

Yeah, you're right. I saw "Ten Commandments" at the drive-in no less!LOL

6. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

@garmoon ... yes, you're absolutely right; that was Yul ... I forgot. Imagine confusing God for the evil Ramsees; I'll be struck by lightning! Remember that little trick splitting the red sea? ..the high tech effects of the day! That movie got me in trouble once in high school. We were watching it and the voice of God rang out "I am who am" and I replied in a high voice "I'm Popeye the Sailor Man". No sense of humor in that faculty (a bit unusual for priests). There were some very constipated men in the bible: there was Caine who wasn't Able, Moses who took two tablets, Solomon who sat on the throne for fourty years and a number of others but I forget. (comes from this silly little song).

7. ChrisC586

ChrisC586 Regular member

LMAO Chris

8. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

@FredBun...thanks for the advice, my friend. The neurosurgical dept of the Rothman Institute here in Philly has a unit for chronic pain patients who've suffered spinal cord injuries; I'm a patient there. I joke about it but I've been on narcotics 24/7 for the last twenty five years. I haven't gotten "high" on the stuff for a very long time; that side effect wears off but even still, the pain without it is unbearable and I'd have to leave work and go on disability. I don't take it "as needed" as one would for a broken leg or something but at assigned times several times a day. I take 60mg of oxycontin three times a day and two percocet in between each oxycontin for "breakthrough pain". I have 120mg. oxycontin tabs for the really nasty stuff like yesterday. I don't get high on it anymore and haven't for a long time but I know it works because if I don't take it, there is hell to pay. I know that I'm addicted to a point; there have been times when I've forgotten it at a friends and went without for a week or so ... I get "antsy" for a couple of days but isn't isn't terrible but the pain goes through the roof. I simply have to take it; I don't have much choice but the types of narcotics I take and in the regimin I take it works very well and I'm greatful for it. That wasn't always the case....Gerry

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 5, 2007
  9. ireland

ireland Active member

gerry1,did ye know this about OxyContin,i did!!!!!!

Federal Court Fines Purdue Pharma, Executives

The manufacturer of OxyContin, Purdue Pharma, and a few of its executives were allowed to plead guilty in federal court to misleading the public about the drug and were given hefty fines. The Associated Press reported on May 11, 2007 ("OxyContin Maker, Execs Fined $634.5M") that "Purdue Pharma L.P., its president, top lawyer and former chief medical officer will pay $634.5 million in fines for claiming the drug was less addictive and less subject to abuse than other pain medications, U.S. Attorney John Brownlee said. The plea agreement settled a national case and came two days after the Stamford, Conn.-based company agreed to pay $19.5 million to 26 states and the District of Columbia to settle complaints that it encouraged physicians to overprescribe OxyContin. 'With its OxyContin, Purdue unleashed a highly abusable, addictive, and potentially dangerous drug on an unsuspecting and unknowing public,' Brownlee said. 'For these misrepresentations and crimes, Purdue and its executives have been brought to justice.'"

link
    http://www.csdp.org/news/news/oxycontin.htm

10. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

@Ireland, yes, I was aware of that one. Fact is though, any narcotic is addictive and abusable ... even the lighter alkaloids like vicoden and darvocet. For people like me though, oxycontin is the greatest thing since sliced bread. Other medications deliver one large dose ... it's up and down, up and down with a brief period of "peak performance" while oxycontin delivers a lower dose which it delivers steadily over many hours. It is also the drug of choice for junkies because all you need do is chew an oxycontin tabs and it will deliver 8 - 12 hours of narcotics in one massive dose which is why its such a killer among people who abuse it. My pet peeve is that they're so adamant about its abuse that those who really need it have a hard time getting it while people on street can probably get it easier. Their regulations have only hurt those who use it legitimately ... especially in PA. In PA, even if you're bedridden, you need to physically pick up the script because doctors can't fax it or phone it it. They can't give the script to a family member so you have to go yourself (doctors usually draw the line there and actually break the law) and if you don't fill it in 48 hours, its no good. Such regulartions only hurt those who take it legitimately and doesn't affect the junkies in the least. POLITICIANS!!

Add to all that the fact that many pharmacies just don't want to see it anymore because the state and federal governments have made it an enormous apin in the a$$ to do so. Again, it affects those who need it rather dramatically sometimes while it doesn't affect the junkies in the least.

11. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

The Ten Commandments: another thing I'd forgotten about it ... my nephews were small and when they saw it, they were imitating Moses in front of Pharoah but saying instead "Let my Pee-Pee go" and giggling.

12. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

@gerry

It's a wonder no one has remade the "Ten Commandments" with today's digital technology. It would be the perfect epic picture again for today. Unfortunately, the audience would probably a lot smaller. AND who would play Moses and Rameses. Come on guys suggestions?

13. ireland

ireland Active member

14. tranquash

tranquash Regular member

How about Al Pacino for Moses...

15. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

@garmoon...well, I don't know that the audience would be smaller ... Gibson's flick did pretty well and it wasn't even in English (never saw it myself ... knew how it ended). But given todays technology, yeah, that could be really spectacular! As for the actors, I need to give that one some thought ... I'll get back to you after I think about it a bit!

Danny DeVito be be good as Jason...the jewish slave foreman (or whatever such people are called )! Guess not though, not good matierial for a comedy LOL!

16. handsom

handsom Regular member

Ugh. Spent the last month settling into a new job position(Thus my complete absence in the console-related forums; I really miss the folks on this site), and going out of my way to help family, only to be guilted out of the one big thing I've been wanting to do since February, just days away from my goal.

Today is a good day to be a masochist.

17. rihgt682

rihgt682 Regular member

What do I when i'm stressed as hell. when i'm stressed i'm bascilly very mad or angry. I can't talk to anyone or do anything. how can i make this pain go away. I lost my control during the test today. I couldn't think or anything. I'm just having a bad week is all.

I don't know where to turn. Suddenly my friends and family don't have my back. I just feel really trashed right now.

18. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

@Rihgt682 ... things can only trouble you if you let them. My Dad turns 101 today; he got that old by taking things in stride (though his genes helped).

My bitch today: Before coming into the office, I'd used a bit of linament because I was stiff. It has a minty smell but not bad because I didn't use much. As soon as I came in, one of the women here (who always wears enough perfume to gag you) started moaning and groaning about the smell. Damn, you'd think I'd gone to her desk and farted LOL!

19. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

gerry

Maybe next time you wear the linament, go over to her desk and fart. Might confuse her for a moment. LMAO Happy Birthday Mr. Big Gerry.

20. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

@Garmoon...wintergreen farts! That would be a first LOL!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.