1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lets Paint The Kettle Black,Do You Have A Bitch On Whats Going On Around The Site Or Any Thing Negative To Report

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by ireland, Mar 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

everyone needs a reformat now and then anyway lol

2. billybob

billybob Regular member

Domreis, two band bracelet things came today :D One for me, and i gave one to a friend. Best of luck, ill buy more at the weekend.

3. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

@Antomic ... good job on the Bush cartoon; damn good job actually but let's not get something started with political stuff. It always gets nasty.

Twofold Bitching:

1. It started pouring the second I left the office yesterday; halfway home, the wind destroyed a rather expensive umbrella. By my reasoning, however, if I made it half way home with my umbrella, doesn't it stand to reason that I should only have been half wet? Nature just doesn't play fair.

2. On a sadder note: I was in charge of the office yesterday afternoon. As my job duties are rather singular, I decided just to walk around and see what else goes on in my office and I sat in on a few things. I was nothing short of broken-hearted with one of them: A group of elderly people all looking for full time work with benefits so they can pay for their medications ... they have to choose between food and medication. Perhaps the younger ones (65-70) can find something but there were a lot of people well into their eighties and hardly able to walk looking for work. These are people who paid taxes all their lives only to have the government turn its back on them while up on the fifth and sixth floors we have welfare offices where people who've never worked a day in their lives get free healthcare, food money, rent money as well as cash to spend. It's just sickening. (The elderly don't qualify because they don't have dependent children.) We even have this increase in the elderly deliberately robbing places at gunpoint and then wait at the door to get arrested because there is free healthcare in jail. It's a real pity that social workers don't have a say in the procedures of these programs; our elderly would be far better off while the welfare offices upstairs and elsewhere would turn into a warzone because of the changes we'd make. People always see us as "bleeding hearts" and we are with regards to things like the care of our elderly, yet, even the most conservative in govt. would pale in comparison to us in the areas of welfare reform.

Here I am telling Antomic not to get political and I do the same but I think I can do so safely; members like aabbccdd are conservatives yet I rather think that even they would agree with me because its not a conservative/liberal thing so much as a common sense one.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 12, 2007
  4. greensman

greensman Regular member

@gerry1,
    I'm conservative as well but have stayed away from such debate and will continue too!! BUT as you stated there is a serious flaw in the system and it goes further than what you mentioned. :) We can exchange PM's if you like but I will keep it away from the open forum.

GOOD day to all........ :)

....gm

5. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

@Greensman ... It seems I've been wrong; I thought you were British! I thought twice about posting it but thought it safe; I think both liberals and conservatives would agree with me ... take care of our elderly and those who can work should work. I don't think there is much there to fight about LOL!

You're right about there being much more but many of those are issues where flame wars could start; I think my previous observations were safe though.

6. billybob

billybob Regular member

Im neither liberal nor conservative....im a jedi. :D

7. ireland

ireland Active member

me and maybe ye have a bitch about how much suger is in ye drink

The Diet Blog has compiled a list of the 7 most sugar filled drinks. If you’re dieting you don’t want to reach for any of these to quench your thirst:

1. Hype
    2. Minute Maid Cranberry Grape
    3. Tropicana Twister Soda - Orange
    4. Sunkist Orange Soda
    5. Fanta Orange
    6. Sun Drop
    7. Sobe Adrenaline Rush

The 7 Most Sugar Filled Drinks

Added sugars are the bane of our modern diet - and drinking sugar is arguably the easiest way to over-indulge.

What are the most sugary drinks?

Hype
    Per 8oz: 64 grams
    Per 8.45oz / 250ml can: 67.5

Hype is an energy drink that is known for it's "cotton candy" taste. That's because it has an impressive amount of sugar in it.
    Sources: 1

Minute Maid Cranberry Grape
    Per 8oz: 38 grams
    15.2oz bottle: 72.2 grams

Note: "25% Fruit Juice". Also - Cranberry drinks often have a lot of added sugar because cranberry is a very bitter fruit.

Tropicana Twister Soda - Orange
    Per 8oz: 35 grams
    Per 20oz bottle: 87.5 grams

Sunkist Orange Soda
    Per 8oz: 35 grams
    Per 12oz can: 52 grams
    Per 20oz bottle: 87.5 grams

Fanta Orange
    Per 8oz: 34.3 grams
    Per 12oz can: 51.5 grams
    Per 20oz bottle: 85.8 grams
    Sources: 1, 2

Sun Drop
    Per 8oz: 33 grams
    Per 20oz bottle: 82.5 grams

Sobe Adrenaline Rush
    Per 8oz: 33 grams
    Per 8.3oz can: 35 grams
    Per 16oz bottle: 66 grams

Last edited: Jun 12, 2007
  8. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

@Billyboy:
    Careful ... I get my power from the darkside of the force

@Ireland....me can'ts drink that stuff anymore :(

9. ireland

ireland Active member

thats our Billyboy: a Jedi Knight in training to become a Jedi Master

There is no emotion; there is peace.
    There is no ignorance; there is knowledge.
    There is no passion; there is serenity.
    There is no death; there is the Force.

Jedi are the guardians of peace in the galaxy.
    Jedi use their powers to defend and protect, never to attack others.
    Jedi respect all life, in any form.
    Jedi serve others rather than ruling over them, for the good of the galaxy.
    Jedi seek to improve themselves through knowledge and training

Last edited: Jun 12, 2007
  10. billybob

billybob Regular member

*puffs chest*

:D

11. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

12. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

billybob, i beat you as i have to power of lightning. do you want to feel it?

13. billybob

billybob Regular member

Your always threatening me with your lightening.

Your all talk :p

14. onya

onya Guest

Hey to billybob, are you talkin' the talk, or are you willin' to walk? LOL. Might be painfull buddy!

15. ddp

not me as i use it all the time. i ban at least 2 idiots a day to keep in practice. don't you smell something burnt?

16. billybob

billybob Regular member

lmao onya. ddps a big softy really.

Good point ddp, the toaster...

17. onya

onya Guest

Billy
    Compared to what exactly? perhaps a grizzly or a coyote or even a dingo? Either way....never turn your back an' stay alert at all times. If you forget the basics, heaven help you buddy! :)

EDIT: Spelling

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 12, 2007
  18. greensman

greensman Regular member

billyboy,
    You is so funny. LOL. You love to taunt poor little ddp. hehehe. He should give you a 1 day suspension and see just how crazy you go not being able to respond to anything for that day. Mwuahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!

...gm

@gerry1,
    What would give you the idea that I'm British?? NOT a bad thing but I'm far from it. LOL. West Texas my friend. ;)

OK!!
    I'm gonna throw out a b!tch for the day. I have to get some things done here at work and the weather is not cooperating. So NOT getting done. ;) Looks like I may have to play poker online or go fishing. :p

19. little155

little155 Regular member

Go fishing...

20. ddp

2nd that on the fishing!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.