1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lets Paint The Kettle Black,Do You Have A Bitch On Whats Going On Around The Site Or Any Thing Negative To Report

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by ireland, Mar 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChrisC586

ChrisC586 Regular member

gerry1 IMO there was nothing wrong with that post. Good Luck Chris

Edit Heck your surrounded by friends here and letting out at the time does help relieve the stress.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2007
  2. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

@Chris ... thank you my friend. Speaking of such things in a passing sort of way is one thing but posting as I did accomplishes nothing. Even at work, mentioning it is one thing but to get that intense is quite another; people feel bad and don't know what to say ... just makes them uncomfortable because what can they do? I was just really bummed out at the time. It's not like I don't have an outlet for it; I belong to a group where people have gone through the same thing and I belong to a couple of sites which are the same.

I'll be o.k.; I've been dealing with this for twenty five years. Believe me, I'm use to it and always acclimate ... even if its only a positive way to cope with it. I always find a way not to let it get the best of me. This will prove to be the same, I'm sure of it :)

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 20, 2007
  3. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

gerry, year last april, my next door neighbor blew out 2 disks in his back while reaching for something in the shower. his doctor gave him the same medication as you have but also morphine 3 times a day. was told to go for surgery that had 70% success but also 10% death. he didn't go for it. he was off work til beginning of december. been off all medication since turn of year & his back is near to normal after moving a couple of tons of rock from his basement when part of the wall collapsed last fall. he is a heavy equipment operator as in bull dozer & such. when asked about his back condition, he says mind over matter, he doesn't mind & it doesn't matter.

4. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

@ddp ... there is a great deal of truth to that. When I first hurt myself and had all the surgery, I was told I'd never be able to work again. Granted, I couldn't do the same physical things as before, but I've been working for twenty five years after being told I'd never work at all. I'm sure that sometimes, the doctor's observations and prognosis can do more harm than good. I often wonder about such things when, after some sort of tragedy, they bring in these shrinks for extended "grief counseling"; a part of me thinks they're actually doing more harm than good by disrupting grief's natural course.

5. cincyrob

cincyrob Active member

not to make lite of your situation Gerry1 but i honestly beleive what you dont know wont hurt you?ive had 2 uncles pass away in the last year due to cancer they had been living with for at least 7-10 years before finding out about it. once found out they had operations after operation and now 6 months after the operations they both are no longer with us..

and now my 84yo gran father just found out he has colon cancer and ahs 2 options take the risk of surgery that isnt 100%sure it will work and go threw chemo and such or just live with the slight pain he has now. hell at 84 he gets on the cuttin table hes a goner. and i also found out tonight my aunt has intestinal cancer, in opperitable. they say she might have 2 years left, depending on how far along it is. they say things happen in 3's well i go friday for my yearly check up/physical and diabetic check up..has me scared shitless....

sorry to ramble like this,and i agree Gerry1 i should retract this comments of mine also, but i dont have anywhere else to go to to let off some steam...
    best of luck with yours Gerry1.....

6. ChrisC586

ChrisC586 Regular member

Dammit our Doctors are making money I go back to mine Tuesday for a lump behind my knee my sugars been elevated and was sort of scared till hearing Gerry. Chris

7. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

What an interesting bunch we are LOL! Cincy, we all have such worries, particularly with stuff that runs in the family; anyone who doesn't worry about such things is, in my opinion, the very people who will be strickened for lack of concern for their own well being! You're a young guy who is taking care of himself and keeping a close eye on things that might be genetic; you can't get any more responsible that that! My brother died when he was 55; despite the rampant heart disease in my family, he hadn't been to the doctor in thrity years ... when he was in the service. How dumb can you get? Naturally you're scared of such things, its only normal.

@Chris...a lump behind your knee?? Keep us posted on that one; I never heard of that. I had a bit of a problem with my sugar a few weeks ago and I'm in a "borderline" stage they say. They did one of those glucose tolerance tests and apparantly, the ups and downs of the sugar wasn't wonderful but when I stay away from the offending foods, my sugar is o.k. and tested at 106. If I eat sweets and drink sugary stuff, then it goes a little haywire.

I've got my fingers crossed for both of you but at least you're both doing the smart thing!

8. billybob

billybob Regular member

I have hayfever 8-|

9. Ripper

Ripper Active member

Soz ddp.

And Gerry, it doesn't - more of a private joke than anything. Lol.

I have hayfever too. And another exam today >.<

But, we get to leave school about 25 mins early if we start/finish on time!! :D

10. billybob

billybob Regular member

Yup, my exams in 50 minutes. Its statistics, ive done NO revision.

Im going to FAIL!

11. Ripper

Ripper Active member

Statistics.. eugh. That's like maths but more boring, right? :p

My exam y/d was @ 9am too.

What time do you have to leave for school then?

12. svtstang

svtstang Regular member

Good luck with stats man.....the two stat classes I took to get my BA were hands down the hardest classes I have ever taken. Who ever came up with Mu, standard deviations and hypothesis testing was for sure on some hardcore drugs!

13. billybob

billybob Regular member

Not to mention spearmans rank correlation coefficient, chain base indexes and standardised scores.

I didnt know any of that crap, i just skipped um out, and i dont actually care.

I left at about 20 past 8 ripper, to meet my mate, and then we just walked slow to school and talked to everyone.

Yes its like maths but more f'ing boring. My eyes.

14. blivetNC

blivetNC Regular member

If you have ever wondered what happened to the kid you used to pick on in grade school and stuff into his locker or tie up and leave in the girl's lockerroom, he grew up and became a statistics professor to exact his revenge....

15. onya

onya Guest

After feeling the love in the room on page 247 of this thread and trying to catch up with "current" events.....I thought Gerrys post was needed...

LMAO gerry

Oh deary me, boys will be boys, the conversation will either degenerate towards sex or esculate to fighting. We need neither.

Me runs for cover.....

Evening Jack, evening Billy...all is well I trust?

16. Ripper

Ripper Active member

Hi Onya

All is well indeed ;-)

Billy and I were just having some fun :p

No bitch today as my chemistry exam went very well (I hope ;P) and got let out of school early! :D

17. greensman

greensman Regular member

ONYA those kiddies are just silly little GITS. :p

@Ripper,
    Glad to hear that you "feel" good about your test. :) Hope that you did better than you think. ;)

I could B!TCH about something but would any of you listen??

...gm

18. ddp

greensman, NOPE!!!!!

19. greensman

greensman Regular member

NOW ddp you could show some compassion or at least fake it. hehehe. :p

...gm

20. ddp

never!!!!

Thread Status: