1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lets Paint The Kettle Black,Do You Have A Bitch On Whats Going On Around The Site Or Any Thing Negative To Report

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by ireland, Mar 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. onya

onya Guest

Gerry said...

ROFLMAO... so we've progressed from Billybob to Billyboytoy, it's got certain ring don't you rekon?

@billybob...

Remember the story of Hansel and Gretel? They only wanna fatten you up for the pot me boy!

Careful of those grabbing grannies......

2. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Lol! Anybody seen the Hell's Grannies sketch from Monty Python's Flying Circus?
    [​IMG]

3. onya

onya Guest

Hey to sammorris. Again ROFLMAO. How could I not think of my Querky English background, and fail to mention Monty Pythons Hells Grannies? Nice one Sam, really nice... :)

4. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Right stop that! It's too silly.

5. onya

onya Guest

Pehaps Graham Chapman may have said that better, Other than that. Yes lets stop at this point, things may only get worse.

Arthur King and his Kinigits also rings a bell. So does Donkey bottom wipers. Who's up for a holy Hand-grenade of Antioke?

Sam...your choice buddy!

... :)

6. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

There's way too much to choose from. Besides, this isn't bitching, this is comedy!

7. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

@Greensman: I am sorry to hear about the death of your companion. We have a dog that is almost 15 years old, and I don't think she is going to be around too much longer.

It is difficult to lose a pet. They are family.

8. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Losing a pet is indeed tragic. What's even more tragic for me is not having had one. We just don't have the time or space.

9. NicHt

NicHt Regular member

I had me a dog once, she was a Doberman/Collie, she swallowed a skewer (from a kebab of some sort) and we paid $2000 for an operation to get it out of her, she survived that, then put her paws throuh a glass screen, blood. We got her fixed up, then a few years later her back legs stopped working, nothing could fix that.

10. billybob

billybob Regular member

Lmao onya @hansel and gretal remark. haha.

11. Domreis

Domreis Regular member

Look what happened to my babies bowsprit!
    [​IMG]

Hopefully it will be fixed before I see her next week in Panama! WOOHOO it is time for a vacation!

I also saw this twice today!
    [​IMG]

12. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

Did you hit something or did an oversized albatross land on it? As for the BSOD... good luck. ;)

13. Domreis

Domreis Regular member

The ship was making its way from Colon to Colombia and the swells where 2 feet and the bowsprit broke under pressure because water was breaking over it and we also had the pressure of the sails!
    Just got this in my mail... the bowsprit is on its way to the machinery shop and the ship will go it dry dock tomorrow and it should be fixed my friday!
    [​IMG]
    If you are wondering this is what she looks like when she isnt broken...
    [​IMG]

I am going to reinstall windows on both the machines and then sell them! Easy fix! I cant believe I saw that twice in one day!

Last edited: Jul 25, 2007
  14. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

2 feet you say... the boat must have really been riding low in the water. ;)

15. blivetNC

blivetNC Regular member

He ran over the wake of a passing anchovy. I hate when those inconsiderate fish cut you off. He probably meant 20 feet which is not uncommon in the Atlantic this time of year.

16. greensman

greensman Regular member

Yep I would say 20 feet is the size. :)

OK who screwed up the page. I have a 19" screen and the page spills over almost half of another screen. :p

Complaint of the day!!!!
    I am a manager of sorts. Superintendent of a golf course. WHY DO YOU HAVE to BABYSIT people all the time. It should be so easy just to do your job and not need someone to hold your hand or tell you exactly how to do something as easy as weedeating or mowing!!!!!!!!!! GGGGRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!

OK over now, I feel so much better. :D

17. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Lol that was Domreis' top picture, here at work the page is messed, but at home it barely takes up 2/3 of the screen hehe.

18. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

I'm not at familiar with the ship your speaking of but in 2000, I worked at our shipyard office. There was some big event in Philly and they had this huge number of "tall ships" come into the city which sailed up the delaware river. I think there were 20 of them or so and, at the shipyard, I not only got to see these things at a relatively close distance but I got to board and look around two of them where the masts were so high that they couldn't sail under the two suspension bridges; they were awesome.

19. ireland

ireland Active member

Ddp close this thread as it got to meny posts and very hard to load. and refer all to the new bitch thread.

AND POSTING OF LARGE PIXS FILES GOT TO STOP..AS THAT SLOWS THE THREAD DOWN

Here

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/539722

Quote Ketola

The biggest cause of slowdowns in the forums at the moment are the threads with hundreds, or worse thousands of messages. The DB server handling most of the forum queries can't hold the message id index in memory too long. When the index is purged from cache, opening a thread like http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/322699 , which has over 6600 messages, can take a good while.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2007
  20. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

closed by request.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.