1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lets Paint The Kettle Black,Do You Have A Bitch On Whats Going On Around The Site Or Any Thing Negative To Report

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by ireland, Mar 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brobear

brobear Guest

And just when I was going to become a Dutch Elm hugger... ;)

2. blivetNC

blivetNC Regular member

Darn, I heard they were going to select the new mods from the ranks of the newbies who worship Memosux or CMC-Mag disks. All this due to Doc-Ty not being able to keep his hands off the nurses while he was in the hospital.

3. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

[bold] HAPPY APRIL FOOLS GUYS LOL!!!!! [/bold]

good one ireland and brobear lol

4. brobear

brobear Guest

Well, the weather fooled me. Nice afternoon, so I'm going out to enjory some mountain roads with my motorcycle. Catch you guys later.

5. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

@brobear...I admit I haven't read 1984 since about...oh...1984 LOL! (Truth be told, it was more like 1971 LOL!) We read 1984 and Lord of the Flies back to back and only in later years would I think of how true they both were allegorically. I remember reading that Golding was influenced to write that by groups of parentless kids in the French resistance who were far more ruthless than any of their adult counterparts...I don't know if it was true but I can see how it would be. YOu know brobear, I think I'll read both of them again now, some 35 year later! You've got me in the mood!

6. ireland

ireland Active member

NOW ARE YE ALL HAPPY

per
    Ketola
    Admin

Posts made at the Safety valve are not taken into account when calculating the member levels. Please see:

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/102943

Update:
    Posts made in the Safety valve are not taken into account when calculating member levels. Frivilous, repeated posts with the obvious intention of merely increasing the post count will lead to a temporary or permanent suspension of the account.

This message has been edited since posting. Last time this message was edited on 1. April 2006 @ 05:33

Due to the nature of the Safety valve forum, we saw this change was needed.
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/324494

Last edited: Apr 1, 2006
  7. Lethal_B

Lethal_B Moderator Staff Member

Thanks for the heads-up, ireland ;-)

8. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

a very good step in the right direction ,hats off to dRD

9. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

I absolutely agree aabbccdd, this can only be to the advantage of all concerned.

10. brobear

brobear Guest

I'll fifth the motion and drink to it. It was a great day out on the highway. Nothing like a good bike ride. Then all this happens while I'm gone. LOL

gerry1
    Glad you're inspired to reread those old classics. Visit a bookstore and pick up the CliffsNotes on those books or you can go online and get PDFs or view the free version. Here's a link to the 1984 notes and review. http://www.cliffsnotes.com/WileyCDA/LitNote/id-90.html A reminder of what you're looking for in the writing often adds to the appreciation. Don't do like some of the kids though and read the notes instead of the book. ;)

As for posting in the Safety Valve, I'm surprised we're not being penalized. ;) I'd best watch what I say or it may come to pass. LOL

11. ~RoNin~

~RoNin~ Regular member

Did anyone notice the date on the post by Drd? It seems its been this way for a while?

12. Lethal_B

Ronin, that was the announcement that the 'hand-pick' promotion method was to be changed to the 'auto-promote' system. The message has just been updated ;)

13. ireland

ireland Active member

14. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

so RoNin check your post count then make a post in the safty valve and its the same after you post yay!!!! lol edit wait it didnt work wth

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 1, 2006
  15. gerry1

gerry1 Guest

@brobear...I always read for a couple of hours to unwind before going to be; it's been my practice for years. It will be a nice change from spy novels and overly intellectual and thought provoking vampire novels I usually read LOL! Thanks for the link; I'll read the cliff notes as you suggest...strange that I should want to read the novel instead of just the cliff notes now that I have a choice in the matter!....Gerry

16. ~RoNin~

~RoNin~ Regular member

Well alright. Now that thats all been cleared up lets enjoy this beautiful day...erm...its raining here...nevermind.

17. andmerr

andmerr Guest

@ ireland:

Did you count how many you fooled with that post

18. Lethal_B

abcd^2,

Your posts still 'count', i.e your post count will still increase regardless of where you post. But now, even if you have a billion posts as your post count, you will still have to have posted 25 [bold]outside[/bold] the safety valve to make it as a Junior member, 100 for member, and so on..

19. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

Just curious if this new change will affect the rankings of people who have already been promoted, are the safety valve posts taken away starting now or when the member started posting....hmmmm

Will we be seeing less addicts gracing the forums?

20. tocool4u

tocool4u Guest

Hmmmmmm..did any of you think for a second that the post count thing could be a joke...since it is April Fools's.............
    But i really doubt it.......He should of put it in affect but not tell anyone then tell us tomorrow then we know it isn't a joke
    But i believe DRD..It's just funny that it happned on April 1st.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.