1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LG 4040b ram driver

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by Dodo2, Mar 2, 2004.

1. Dodo2

Dodo2 Guest

My first post-----have the lg 4040b drive works well so far except have no Ram Driver !! Apparently cannot use the ram disks that I bought without it .HELP. Have looked everywhere but cant find. I was given Nero software and apparently the Ram Driver comes with the Retail package only. Phoned LG but no go. Hope someone can help me lol.

2. APVM

APVM Member

The driver is in the disc that comes with my OEM drive, if you don't have the disc ask the retailer.

3. Dodo2

Dodo2 Guest

I only recieved the nero disk with the computer and the lg4040b drive. Cant seem to get the drag and drop function to work-was given to understand that u can use said ram disk like a floppy -put some on today add some more tormorow . I must be doing something wrong. Spoke with store and they told me there is no such driver -no help there. Frustrated.

4. APVM

APVM Member

Mine comes with 2 disks, one Power DVD xp and the other is an LG disk which contains B's Recorder Gold, B's Clip, Neo DVD and DVD Ram Driver.

Do a search at google.ca you should able to find the driver

5. Dodo2

Dodo2 Guest

HI APVN -my Dvd Drive just came with computer not a retail box-this seems to be the prob there is no b's gold etc bundled with the oem one- looked on the LG site no links for dvd-ram drivers at all. I wish I had bought the retail box but 2 late now. Without knowing exactly wht to look forI'M puzzled. Have u tried the Ram disk function- how dose it work? Can u put some on today and more on tomorrow like a floppy or a reg hard drive? Drag and drop style. http://www.aplawrence.com/Reviews/dvdram.html this is all I found and am unsure.

6. APVM

APVM Member

Mine is OEM not retail but it comes with software anyway goto

http://panasonic.jp/dvdram/english/softdl/index.html

Note, Panasonic uses the same driver as our LG.

Goto above page and download your windows version DVD-Ram driver for LF-D321 D201 D103 D101 series. install it and then download the update version for LF-D521 series to update your older version to the latest.

The reason for the two step is because the update file won't run unless you have already installed DVD-RAM driver.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2004
  7. APVM

APVM Member

There is a newer version (3/1/2004) than the one we use but it is in Japanese not sure if it'll work with English Windows.

http://www.bha.co.jp/download/win_clip5/ram_driver.html

As you can see from the compatible list (scroll down a bit), we use the same driver as Matshita which is the trade name of Panasonic in Japan.

BHA actually is the supplier of the software bundled in the LG disk which I mentioned earlier.

BTW, if you click "English" on the upper right hand corner of that web page it will bring you to their English web site but I can't find this update driver there.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2004
  8. Dodo2

Dodo2 Guest

Thanks much APVN-installed said driver and fingers crossed will see how everything goes-cant seem to access that tool for enabling/disabling write protect though hopefully will work it out.
    So strange that LG does not supply that disk with the OEM I phoned LG and asked ha. Formatted with the 1.5 udwhatever was not sur whether should have been fat32. Am running xp and my file system is the NTFS. ONce again thanks-so far so good

9. APVM

APVM Member

The latest firmware A303 improve performance for DVD-RAM

10. ts31

ts31 Guest

I have the same drive and the required RAM driver.
    It is about 3-5 MB (depends on OS & language). Most files date from May 2003.

I am using it with firmware 301, Win XP Home (SP1) & Panasonic dvd-ram media. So far, no problems. But, this is packet writing and i'm reluctant to take it on blind faith. After all, one of the more diplomatic assessments that i saw for packet writing on cd-rw (using the likes of Direct CD, InCD, etc) was "It's not a question of if it will fail, but when."

If what you have d/l doesn't work out, post back and I will try to get it to you.

Hope of use to you.

11. APVM

APVM Member

The ram driver is now available for download at US LG site.