1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LG 50PK590 'shadow' problem

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by kooprah, Jun 5, 2010.

1. kooprah

kooprah Member

Hi,

I just bought an LG 50PK590 which i’m really pleased with, however, i have noticed what appears to be a ’shadow’ on certain things if that is the correct term. For example, when watching bbc news 24 (i live in the UK), at the bottom of the screen where the time and current news headlines are displayed, just to the left of that bar is a faint line which runs along the rest of the screen. also, when using the menu or the tv guide on my virgin media cable box, the same faint line appears to the left and right of the yellow menu selection bar. it also does the same in the menu for modern warfare 2 on my 360. the cable box is connected via scart and the 360 is connected via component in 1080p.
    i have tried to explain this as best as i can so hope you can make sense of it lol!
    i’m hoping it is because it is new and will eventually ‘break in’

thanks for any help received

2. mrdead

mrdead Member

I have the same tv and dont have that problem pal

3. kooprah

kooprah Member

i went back to comet and they've arranged for an engineer to come and have a look at it this saturday. if he says he can fix it, i'm going to tell him that i want a new tv and won't accept a repair job, seeing as i paid for a new tv and not a refubished one.

4. mrdead

mrdead Member

best thig to do buddy, post back how it went