1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LG Blu-ray Super Multi Drive Model BE12LU30

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by HC1Gunner, Sep 25, 2011.

1. HC1Gunner

HC1Gunner Member

Well I usually have my Blu-ray drive hooked up to my Main PC, as I use it to back up and archive data. I decided I wanted to use it with my AV PC, and watch a Blu-ray movie.

But when I started my movie, I had no audio out my AV speakers (S-PDIF out my PC into my AV Rx). I then had quick thought, went to the control panel, opened Manage Sound Devices, and of course my HDMI was the default device. This was putting audio through the HDMI cable to my TV speakers. So I went and made S-PDIF optical out the default device (S-PDIF my IO panel). I ran the windows test, and I got windows test chimes out my AV speakers, and figured I had solved my problem. But when I un-paused the movie, I still had no sound. This makes no sense why windows sounds are going out my AV speakers, yet sound from the movie in my BD player (hooked up via eSata ) has no sound ? ? ?

2. patronanejo

patronanejo Member

GO TO YOUR SYSTEM TRAY and right-click on the speaker icon. Select Open Volume Mixer and you will probably see three or four channels--e.g., System Sounds, Optical Device, and Applications--with levels that articulate independently of each other. If you prefer more coarse-grained control over your sound levels, you can right-click once more on the speaker icon and select Volume Control Options--where you can limit the number of processes with independent access to the sound card.