1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LG GCC4480BI cdrw/dvd 48-24-48 combo drive

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by brock114, Jun 10, 2003.

1. brock114

brock114 Member

Hi all!

I was wondering if someone could tell me if this is a good drive?
    I want to make backup cd's of some of my games. Will this give me all the goods for doing the above stated.....???

Thanks all

2. amtiainen

amtiainen Regular member

I think that any combo drives don't be so good for backup PC-CD Games as CD-RW drives.

Combo drives (Lite-On & LG) can't read safedisc games without emulation. That mean that you have install games and run it when you want read game to image. That emulation and reading succees with "Alcohol 120%" software.

3. amtiainen

amtiainen Regular member

I think that any combo drives don't be so good for backup PC-CD Games as CD-RW drives.

Combo drives (Lite-On & LG) can't read safedisc games without emulation. That mean that you have install games and run it when you want read game to image. That emulation and reading succees with "Alcohol 120%" software.

4. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

It is as good as any CD-Writer, within reason. I personally prefer the Philips 52x24x52x and it supports over burn allowing you to use 900MB and higher CD's

5. Shoey

Shoey Guest

LG (Lucky GoldStar) drives are not the best drives for backing up cd protection (pc\audio).
    If it were me, consider a Lite-ON, Asus.

Shoey :)