1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LG GSA-5169D dvd burner opinions ???

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by BIGTOXY69, Dec 1, 2007.

1. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

LG GSA-5169D dvd burner- Considering ? any opinions good or bad ? Have one ? Do they Bitset( Booktype? ) anyone ? Thanx Everyone Ciao!!!!!!

2. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

@BIGTOXY69

Yeah, I got the LG external (USB) 2166D version. It will booktype. I don't use it to burn with often. I use my BenQs, BUT it will flat OUTREAD the Benqs on scratched and defective discs that both my BenQs can't read.

3. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

garmoon- Thanx - Don't tase Me Bro !!!!!! Arghhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!! OOOOOOOOOhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL! Good to know I'm Thinking of getting it & Or More Memory for the laptop ? This is an interesting model because it has AV inputs on the back & software For doing Video capture ? I don't have too many Scratched disc Thank god but it's nice too know that this model maybe able to read them ? I do most of my heavy Burning with My Benq too !!! but also occasional use my 2 NEc's 2500A & 3500AG for Simultaneous Burns and of course as Readers . The 2500A is in a Usb External Case & the BenQ & 3500Ag are internals ! The Laptop Has a burner built in Which is also a Nec as well ! But I have only burned about 15 dvd's on it so far it seems to work well ! Oh well again thanx for the Info !!! and Happy Holidays !!!!!!Ciao!

4. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

You're welcome. How bout dem LSU Tigers! Dey pass a good game dis afternoon.

5. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

garmoon Yeah ! & Dem coach ain't not gonna leave Dem either Cher' ! see ya' at the Gumbo party LOL!!!!!!!!!!!

6. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

We et de Gumbo during de game and at 78 degrees everyone whats sweatin' bout de neck. Now if de BSC people will mack dem Tigers # deaux, it be bon temps. Mi Sha. LMAO

7. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

Yeah, well why you folks had those nice temps, we got over a foot of snow here, in northern Minnesota. :)

Pretty as can be, but a PITA to clean up.

8. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

Well today it was 84F and Tuesday morning it will be about 33F. All that cool air is going to crash into all the hot moist air, so fireworks tonight. We have yet to turn the heater on and still using AC. Have made 3 fireplace fires tho.

I like snow once in a while. But not snowed in all winter.

9. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

garmoon- All I know is it's a Good thing I'm Furry cause it was cold the last 2 nights ( Nocturnal )

10. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

@bigT

Yeah a little nipplely! Them damn yankees are gonna think we are a bunch of wussies tho. LMAO!

11. BIGTOXY69

BIGTOXY69 Regular member

garmoon- yeah But let'em come here during the summertime with 1000% humidity and 90ish degree tempartures and see who cries loudest !!!!!

12. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

You got dat right, although the older I get the more I hate the heat here. Next 5 months are Heaven for me.