1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LG GSA DVD RAM 4167B

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by tmansur, Feb 12, 2007.

1. tmansur

tmansur Member

Hi. I have a LG 4167-B and since the last week it is working perfectly. Last week I had a problem and I needed to reinstall the DVD Drive. Well now it does not work. I think the problem is the Driver used by Windows XP to install the DVD Drive. Windows use a generic CD-ROM driver, so the DVD Driver recognize CD, DVD, but just burn CD-R or CD-RW. I tried to update the firmware (DL-13) but it still does not work. Somebody can hel me?

Thank very much.

2. Ripper

Ripper Active member

Go into hardware manager, uninstall the drive, then reboot your pc and see if that helps. If it doesn't get back to me.

3. wolfmanz

wolfmanz Regular member

Did the drive stop working before or after the Firmware update? Updating the Firmware wrong or using the wrong update can destroy the drive.

4. tmansur

tmansur Member

wolfmanz: The Drive stoped to work before I tried to uptade the firmware. I used the firmware update software from LG Install CD so I expected to have used the correct one. As well, Thank you very much for your help.

Ripper: Thank you for yor help. I uninstalled the drive and rebooted the PC. The drive still does not work. Do you have an another idea? Do you think that the Microsoft Generic Driver was the problem? ThankĀ“s in advance.

5. Ripper

Ripper Active member

Does the drive show an error message like 39 or something?

Is there a yellow exclamation mark listed next to the drive in hardware manager or is it displayed as working properly?