1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LG GSA-H22NK Giving me problems, please help

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by BalcomBJJ, Feb 22, 2007.

1. BalcomBJJ

BalcomBJJ Member

Guys/Gals,

Somewhile back I purchased an LG GSA-H22NK Internal DVD+-RW DVD Drive. Recently (as of today) it has started giving me trouble with the speeds in which it burns my DVD discs. What would normally take 4-5 minutes to burn, now takes like 30-40 minutes (like its burning at 1X speed instead of 16X {or the ADVERTISED 18X}. I use Nero 6.6 as my burner of choice, and for some reason my burner is now on the fritz.

I've considered reformatting my computer, but im not exactly sure if reformatting the computer will fix the problem. I've tried searching for a Firmware update on this product, but I havent had any luck whatsoever on that either.

Is there something that can be done to solve this issue? PLEASE help me with this one, im in serious need.

Thanks

2. freke70

freke70 Member

I feel for you. I had this exact burner since november. My problem was that it did the slow burning thing from the get-go. I got a replacement from the manufacturer, but it turned out to be a DMA issue...nothing wrong with the drive at all. There's a great guide here on Afterdawn by alkohol to change from PIO to DMA:

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/1/260038

I hope that helps. It didn't help me, but I'm sure it'll help you.

3. BalcomBJJ

BalcomBJJ Member

It says here:

"Secondary IDE Channel Properties:
    1) Click on Advanced settings again, if you have "PIO Mode" under "Transfer Mode" on both Device 0 & Device 1 on your secondary IDE channel, then click on "driver" tab above, then uninstall the driver."

For my secondary IDE Channel, it only has "PIO Mode" under Device 0. Device 1 has DMA if available.

Im not exactly sure what to do since both of the Device's dont say "PIO Mode". Only one does. I dont want to screw anything up.

Can someone point me in the right direction?

4. freke70

freke70 Member

you can try to change it from the drop down menu to DMA if available and restart. If that doesn't work, try to right click on the ide channel, delete/uninstall it, and then restart. One of those things should work, and it won't screw anything up, I promise.

5. BalcomBJJ

BalcomBJJ Member

Dude thanx! It worked!