1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LG smart tv

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by bpanther, Nov 2, 2015.

1. bpanther

bpanther Regular member

hi i own a LG 55lb5800 (55 inch led smart tv) I'm hearing u can install (kodi) XBMC on it how do i do this?? would love more then ever to know how to get it on my TV as for my family would love to enjoy all its great channels

farhadsabri likes this.
  2. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

Heard ? really ! from whom & why haven't you got the solution there.If you want to get serious use a pc connected to it or a box

Last edited: Nov 2, 2015
  3. bpanther

bpanther Regular member

yes i heard about it but i have no answer on how its done and installed on smart tv --i dont wanna buy new boxes to install xbmc and use a smart box when my tv is a smart tv so is there any one out there can answer my main solution on how to put it on my lg smart tv ... love to hear back from a mod this time

farhadsabri likes this.
  4. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

If it can be done & doesn't operate like a lame dog (memory will be an issue) then youtube is your best bet.You'll need to have a sd card or thumb drive to place it on,then in tv file menu run it from there to install.The link below is the lite version called XBian,you'll most probably need the linux version of the download under installation heading

http://kodi.wiki/view/XBian

Other possible options that may/not work if there's nothing available
    Kodi on a pc streaming to the tv through ethernet maybe able to navigate kodi from the tv ?.

laptop if you have one,connected to tv

My personal favorite,direct connection from desktop pc & use tv as 2nd monitor

farhadsabri likes this.