1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LG USB Burner - "Device Not Ready (Medium Not Present)"

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by VagrantW, Nov 3, 2007.

1. VagrantW

VagrantW Guest

So up untill a few months ago I had a fully functional DVD burner, but for some reason it's stopped working. It used to work with every type of disc I tried and every program I need like video authoring software and DVD Decrtyptor. But now I get an error saying Device Not Ready (Medium Not Present), it worked randomly the other day for some reason, but now it's not working again. So what is wrong here? Is there a solution? I haven't knowingly changed anything with my PC that would make it stop working, so something else must be wrong...

2. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

The first thing that I would do is update the firmware for the burner. I would also try a different brand of media.

If that doesn't work, uninstall the burner through Device Manager, and reboot. Windows will find the burner again. Then try burning to a DVD, again.

If it doesn't work then, take the burner out, save the jumper, for parts, and toss the burner in the garbage and install a new one.