1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LG writer not reading media

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by demarris, Aug 6, 2007.

1. demarris

demarris Member

My DVD burner is not recognizing any of my media. I originally thought it was because my version of clone dvd but it is not the problem. I recently tried to burn something with DVD Santa and it did the same thing.

What happens:
    After any program that I use has finished the encoding process and it's time to to burn it tells me to insert blank media. When I insert blank media nothing happens. I have let it sit for up to 15 minutes. And I have used virtually every type of blank media so that's not the problem.

*Note: I am able to burn CDs with the writer but not DVDs.

2. jestah57

jestah57 Regular member

having quite the same problem with my NEC....but with yours what happens after the 15 minutes?...i havent sat that long and waited so I dont know about mines...

scary too, which LG do you have? as I recently ordered an LG (LG|GSA-H62NK)....

3. Mr_Del

Mr_Del Regular member

Maybee dust build up on the lense. YOu can use a cleaner designed for cd players. I prefer one that uses a liquid. My all time prefered method is to open the drive and clean the lense with an alcohol soaked cotton swab.

-Del

4. jestah57

jestah57 Regular member

tried that Mr Del....tried just about everything, im planning the funeral for my NEC already...