1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lightscribe - Came w/ Nero- pc Crash

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by bahgee, Jan 11, 2007.

1. bahgee

bahgee Guest

Im fairly new and have been using anydvd and dvdshrink etc. I recently purchased a new LG dvd burner with lighscribe technology. It had a version of Nero in it and some Cyberlink junk. I installed the nero to play around with it as ive read some threads about Nero. One of the applications it had was called lightscribe.I installed lightscribe today and its update. When i installed the update my system crashed. I restored it but my pc literally grinds to a halt. All the firmware on the LG is up to date. Any ideas? Any other simple to use cd labeling programs that are free? Hope im somewhat in the right forum. If not my apologies.

2. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

I'd try using Nero's clean tool to completely remove your Nero installation.

After that's done, run the CCleaner. Click the "Issues" button and then scan your registry.

Hopefully that will correct whatever problem your Nero installation caused.

Did you try out your new burner before doing the Nero installation? Is your burner installed correctly? Is your Master/Slave/Cable Select jumper set correctly?

Last edited: Jan 11, 2007
  3. bahgee

bahgee Guest

Thanks for your reply Frank. I have been using this new burner for 3 weeks. External LG burner works fine. I was just curious to install the software that came with it. I would really like to make labels and since i got free software for the lightscribe, i figured I would try it out. thanks so much for your help. Problem all solved. CC Cleaned and no longer have software installed.

4. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

I think I'd give it another attempt...Now that you know it can be fixed if it screws up.
    You paid for it, and Lightscribe is a good feature.
    Good luck,
    Frank

5. bahgee

bahgee Guest

Rt on. I heard something about I needed a certain type of dvd r? The software never menitoned that. I have Dvd+r's and Verb DL's as well. Another member said in his opinion making the cd label was a bad idea for the disc. Gonna do some more research. I will check into the truth in all that. Thanks so much for ur help.

6. advent

advent Guest

7. sesko

sesko Regular member

i use my benq lightscibe alot, even though its black and white, i think they turn out excellent, i use nero with it as well.... you need to by lightscribe discs though to make lables, i use verbatim.
    just my two cents