1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lightscribe Color Question

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by honsbeek, Feb 14, 2007.

1. honsbeek

honsbeek Member

Hi ,

Just switched from DVD writers just to try the lightscribe feature ^^

I wonder , the media only seems to come in one goldish color, but on the website of lightscribe , they let you see the different designs in multiple color options. Does the software regulate what color the CD/DVD label will be? Please recommend Lightscribe software that's easy to use ,

Thanks

2. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

this disk will determine the color of the disk and the burner etches the contrast onto the disk with the laser.

3. roger3125

roger3125 Regular member

I echo honsbeek's question.

So then if I understand you correctly Lighscribe blank discs come in multiple colors. is that correct? If so can you advise where to purchase them

Also I dl'd the lightscribe software from the Lighscribe site but it mentioned lighscribe covers that had actual photo's or places for photos to be placed within a design that is lightscribed. I know where to find these special designs but I don't know how to have access to them and burn one of them with a title.

Any and all help would be appreciated

4. narcismo

narcismo Regular member

roger,
    i've heard about assorted color discs, but i've never found any(other than gold).
    the software you should be using, if you want to burn photos onto your dvd's is called SureThing CD Labler,which i believe is avail on the lightscribe site.

[​IMG]
    cheers

5. JoeRyan

JoeRyan Active member

The colored LightScribe discs are new and are just hitting the market now. Memorex and Verbatim and probably HP will have them in stores that carry those brands in the next few months. That is, if the stores make room for them on their shelves. They have been cutting back the allocation of retail space on shelves in the last year because they have not been making much money on optical discs.