1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lightscribe problem

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by Piscesgal, Feb 9, 2008.

1. Piscesgal

Piscesgal Member

Hi all. I'm using Nero 7, Nero Cover Designer. I have been through so many troubleshooting sites for Lightscribe, Nero, etc, and I have searched this forum and no one seems to have the same problem that I am experiencing. I am using Verbatim Lightscribe DVD-R's, I have a DVD-RAM with Lightscribe. I tried printing just text and it works fine, but I wanted to use a graphic next, so I have been using a graphic file that I found and saved that as an image and inserted it. I get through the entire process of printing a lightscribe label without an error...it actually says that the label has finished burning onto the disk, but when it gets to the printing part, it goes immediately to 100% finished and there is nothing printed on it at all. It only takes like 1 minute to complete the process, most of the time saying it was preparing the disk for printing. Is there a problem with putting too big of an image file on there or what's the deal? Anyone??

2. outofexil

outofexil Member

I have the same problem... I'll keep looking for a solution... please let me know if you find one.

I'm using a mac with a Lacie drive.

I had a LG drive and I printed at lease 500 labels without any problem.. Then suddenly one day the problem began.!

I then began using my friends mac to lightscribe with.. using the same drive and printed hundreds on hers too... then suddenly the same happened to hers..

So I got rid of the LG and purchased a Lacie. Apple told me that it was the only compatible one... well I tried it today and again the same error... even though I removed any lightscribe files, drivers and even documents and started fresh....

Chris

3. just4747

just4747 Member

OMG same problem here, been looking everywhere for an answer, havent found it yet. Just got an ASUS DVD-RAM Lightscribe burner last week, been working fine for quite a few disc labellings so far the past week until last night and today. 95% of the time (I got it to work only once today), it says preparing for labelling for like 12 seconds and then goes right to "Printing process completed successfully" and says 100% and ejects but nothing has been done yet. This all happens within 20 seconds of starting it. Ive been using Nero 7's CoverDesigner and had no problems with it at all until this yesterday. Please GOD help me find an answer, this is bothering me so much.

4. just4747

just4747 Member

It seems to be only with certain labels, even though those certain ones have worked before. There's this one specific one I've been trying over and over and it keeps failing to burn even though it says complete, but then I switch to another label I made in CoverDesigner and it does burn just fine. I don't get it!!!

5. just4747

just4747 Member

Turns out that other label that I thought was working finished and only a small dark part of it showed up, great now what..

6. just4747

just4747 Member

And also, the two time periods where this failed lightscribe process was happening on my machine, the problem was fixed after a reboot until it starts happening again...i dont know what else to try. Are either of you two guys who posted first in this thread still around??

7. gwendolin

gwendolin Senior member

Probably not as you've well and truly HIJACKED this thread.

8. just4747

just4747 Member

Uh hijacked how bud? I have the exact same problem as those two..hence we're looking for the same solution..and it's not like anyone else is posting in or paying attention to this thread. God I hate forum freaks like you who must abide by every rule to the teeth like it's the end of the world...

9. gwendolin

gwendolin Senior member

You have made 4 posts to the original posters' 1...

we ALL have to abide by forum rules.

10. just4747

just4747 Member

I apologize.
    I just really really need help with this and I have a feeling those two guys won't be revisiting this thread anytime soon to share a possible fix. Even after restarting the PC to have the Lightscribe work again, it keeps continuing to not work after a short while every time. I have searched for hours on the internet to not find anything but this site that mentions the problem at all..i'm stuck!

11. Piscesgal

Piscesgal Member

Hey there just4747...yes I am here and I don't blame you because I know how it is to want to find an answer ASAP!!

Ok here is what I have found...I looked on www.lightscribe.com under Troubleshooting Guide/Known Issues for Windows and it says this:

Graphics Not Printing in Nero CoverDesigner

Date logged: October, 2007
    Known Affected Platforms: All Supported Windows OS's.
    Symptom: Graphics content on label design does not print, but text may print properly.
    Cause: Graphics content larger than the disc perimeter outline.
    Recommended Resolution: Look for an update on www.nero.com in late 2007, or try resizing your graphics to be smaller than the perimeter outline.
    Known versions affected: All Windows Operating Systems, Nero 6, 7, & 8.

I shrunk my image so it fit inside the disc perimeter ouline and it STILL didn't work. Seems to depend on the image sometimes. I also did all the updates and that didn't change the prob. So I got fed up and downloaded a trial version of SureThing CD Labeler Lightscribe. It works great! Still very much irritates me that my Nero only works when it feels like it! I tried the 2 free versions and I don't think you can insert images on those programs.

Chris...HOW FRUSTRATING FOR YOU! You purchased a whole other drive? I feel for you! Had you tried any other programs first? I'd rather purchase new software than a new drive...

12. just4747

just4747 Member

Hey there...the other day I found the reason this is happening while doing a web search! Our answer came up right on Nero 8's changelog page (cant find it right now, ill post when i do). It had said that fixed in the newest CoverDesigner (the one in Nero 8), is the fix for our exact problem! It described it as the preparing of the lightscribe burning would skip ahead too fast too 30 or 40% and then to 100% and then it would finish the label immediately without doing anything! So I guess it was just a problem specific to any CoverDesigner older than the newest one! I have since then switched over my Lightscribe burning needs to a program called SureThing CD Labeler Deluxe 5 and have had not one single problem since! (knock on wood) Good luck I hope this helps you!

13. Piscesgal

Piscesgal Member

Ok how funny that we both switched to SureThing. How much is the paid version? Did you pay for it?

14. just4747

just4747 Member

15. Piscesgal

Piscesgal Member

Where'd you find it if you don't mind my asking?

16. StirlingC

StirlingC Member

I've been using Lightscribe for about 3 years and found that the last few versions of 7 gave this problem. I have upgraded to 8 and had the same problems with their initial releases. However I must say that 8.2.8.0 does not have this problem and burns perfectly - images, text whatever.

BTW have you tried Lightscribes Template Labeler program? It is simple, has never failed on me at all and in fact seems to burn a better quality image than Nero. It is not as flexible as Nero but it does a good job of the basics. Give it a try - its on their website and its FREE. You will be impressed I'm sure.

17. ramstervo

ramstervo Member

I just purchased an LG GSA-H55L lightscribe drive to replace my original defective drive. I uninstalled my Nero 6 and tried to install the Nero7 essentials that came with the drive. It wouldn't install, so I reinstalled Nero 6, but it doesen't have a Lightscribe tab in the label designer. Can this version be upgraded to recognize lightscribe?
    where can I get surething, if I need to go to that?