1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LIGHTSCRIBE "RING AROUND THE DISC"

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by Roblm, Sep 5, 2012.

1. Roblm

Roblm Member

I started using my Lightscribe. The first 6 discs came out perfect. Then it started leaving an unburned perfect ring around the disc about 1/2 inch out from the center. Thinking it happened just by chance..I burned another. Same thing. I then inserted a DVD / CD lens cleaning disc & ran it twice. I still have tried burning another image...but am wondering if anyone has ever heard of this happening & if so...what causes it to happen & was there a fix? Using Windows Vista OS & Lightscribe template software.

2. JST1946

JST1946 Regular member

Sounds like maybe the laser was rubbing against the disc for some reason.

3. Roblm

Roblm Member

Wow. That possibility never occurred to me. But...6 good ones & then 2 bad ones? (in the exact same area of the disc)

4. JST1946

JST1946 Regular member

They had a lot of problems with the XBox leaving rings on the disc also.They usually all happen in the same place.

5. Roblm

Roblm Member

I'm afraid to try another disc to see if cleaning the lens made any difference. I've already wasted 2.

6. Roblm

Roblm Member

Strange. It appears to be an unburnt ring.

7. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

If the laser was really touching the disc it would gouge a groove,recheck settings it sounds like the software setting is setup too short so the picture is only burnt from point a to point x leaving rest of disc untouched,other option is check lightscribe website forum for others with same issue or check any youtube videos