1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

links

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by barcia99, Feb 20, 2007.

1. barcia99

barcia99 Member

first, thanks in advance for any help given. for about the last week i have not been able to click on any links in my outlook express 6 and open them. it just does nothing. also when i click on my desktop icon for google it comes to the open with window. both of these problems happened at the same time.windows xp, intel 2.93 cpu, intel d865 perl mb, 1gb ram and radien 9250 vc. any ideas please let me know. thanks, mike

2. spudgun77

spudgun77 Member

Open up a command prompt by going to startmenu -> select run -> type in cmd
    Now type in each of the following lines and hit the return/enter key after each line

regsvr32 urlmon.dll
    regsvr32 mshtml.dll
    regsvr32 shdocvw.dll
    regsvr32 browseui.dll
    regsvr32 msjava.dll

Hopefully links should be active again

3. barcia99

barcia99 Member

well i appreciate your help on this but there was no change after the command prompt thing. if you have any other ideas it would be greatly appreciated. mike

4. spudgun77

spudgun77 Member

Try this regfix from kellys corner -> www.kellys-korner-xp.com...s/oeieclient.reg

Before you run the fix make sure you make a back up of your registry. The best tool for this is erunt. erunt is available from http://www.larshederer.homepage.t-online.de/erunt/

You can always make a manual back too if desired.. Open up regedit. go to file menu select export. Make sure export range is set to all. Save type as registration files, then save to a secure location.

5. barcia99

barcia99 Member

well still nothing, thank you for your help spudgun77. i guess its not such a big deal, i can deal with the problem. thanks again. mike