1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Linksys Router BEFSR41

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by iPirate, Jan 17, 2007.

1. iPirate

iPirate Regular member

Hey I got a Linksys router here and I have a problem. It powers up and when all the Ethernet is plugged in the lights come up on the router and the PC tells me it is connected but a problem occurs. I can not connect to the internet even if the network settings say I am connected. I pinged the gateway and nothing. Does anyone know how i can fix this?

2. rcrockett

rcrockett Regular member

What's your setup look like? (ISP type, cable types, computers, any other network devices) Are all cables connected correctly? Your cable running from your connection device (dsl, cable modem) should be plugged into the WAN port of the router.

Did you log into your router and adjust settings according to your network's needs?

Did you try powering down all network components and then power them up starting with the outer-most component? (The one closest to the world wide web, for instance cable modem.)

3. iPirate

iPirate Regular member

Yes Ive done all this, Cable ethernet goes to wan on router. router splits to pc. pc says were connected but no internet.

4. rcrockett

rcrockett Regular member

Is the ip of the host a 169.x.x.x or 192.168.x.x ?

5. iPirate

iPirate Regular member

Im going off memory. 192.168.x.x

6. bkf

bkf Guest

I have the exact same router. Try hitting the reset button. The default settings should work and would be 192.168.1.1 If you have futher problems just ask and ill guide you through it. Takes me longer to enter my password then it does to change any setting. BTW when you reset the password will be "admin" with no user name. Also make sure you have the latest firmware installed but please check back in here first before changing it. There are a few tricks thanks to linksys and I don't want to see you brick it. Bk